Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 21:10   #46
BHPian

Re: VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review

Here's the latest stats from my car, now that I have crossed 10K kms.

VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review-10151kms_taigun1.0_mileagestatsgraph.png

The details, for those who like it.

VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review-10151kms_taigun1.0_mileagestats.png
asmr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 17:04   #47

I recently bought Taigun Highline AT. I have had no issues so far and absolutely love driving it. However, one of my co-passenger complained about the rear seat comfort and said it is jerky. Maybe it is down to the way I am driving. But wanted to understand if you had any similar issues.
bharathrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2023, 20:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathrk View Post
I recently bought Taigun Highline AT. I have had no issues so far and absolutely love driving it. However, one of my co-passenger complained about the rear seat comfort and said it is jerky. Maybe it is down to the way I am driving. But wanted to understand if you had any similar issues.
Hi Bharathrk, sorry that I didn't get to see your message until now. If you had responded with a quote, I would get a notification in my mailbox and would had replied earlier.

Anyway, I have not received any complaints from my passengers, who are usually some combination of my 2 kids, wife and mother (they rotate between trips ).

I am not sure what you mean by jerky. When driving the Taigun, bad roads are best handled slower. At speed, small bumps and irregularities will simply make a sound in the cabin but you won't feel it much in the seat. Larger potholes will surely show their impact on your back though. But at lower speeds, I have noticed that I can feel every undulation, crack, bumps and crevices in the road.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 15:44   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
I am not sure what you mean by jerky. When driving the Taigun, bad roads are best handled slower. At speed, small bumps and irregularities will simply make a sound in the cabin but you won't feel it much in the seat. Larger potholes will surely show their impact on your back though. But at lower speeds, I have noticed that I can feel every undulation, crack, bumps and crevices in the road.
Thanks for the response. I think I needed some getting used to the brakes having moved from a well used Swift.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th August 2023 at 15:53. Reason: quote content trimmed
bharathrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 09:35   #50
BHPian

With 14,700Kms on the odometer, here are the latest mileage trends for my car.

Since the table is growing larger, I have shown only those refills after the last one shown in previous post.

VW Taigun 1.0L Topline AT | Ownership Review-mileage14700kms.png
Old 27th August 2023, 09:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Here's the latest stats from my car, now that I have crossed 10K kms.

Attachment 2433919

The details, for those who like it.

Attachment 2433920
Hello ASMR,

Congrats on your 1.0 Taigun AT. Glad to see that you are penning down the ownership reviews of the same.

I assume you are living in Chennai. Do try out the BPCL's Speed93. Recently I have been using Speed93 in my RUDRA aka XUV700 (More details of it, here (Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700)). Finding the Speed93 is offering a decent improvement in the FE numbers than XP95 or Shell V Power.

Somehow, among all, I find Shell V Power to be the least VFM. XP95 is definitely good but not as great as Speed93. Also, try to find if you have any COCO pumps nearby, that will help you save more.

To add, I also use the app called "Fuelio". Its interface is good + decent and shows us close to 95% accurate FE numbers.

Between, when I took the TD of the Taigun, especially on the highways, I could easily feel the bridge connectors inside (around 90-100kmph) but that was not the case with Slaiva/Virtus. Do you feel the same or has this improved in the latest badges?

Last edited by rudra_shiv : 27th August 2023 at 09:55.
rudra_shiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 12:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudra_shiv View Post
Hello ASMR,

... Do you feel the same or has this improved in the latest badges?
Hi Rudra_shiv:

I bought my Taigun in Dec 2021 (Nov 2021 batch) and have tried a variety of fuels, as you can see from the tables I have posted. Speed 93 is not easily available for me except in one petrol bunk about 5 from my home. XP95 seems to be more reliably available now and that, along with Power 95, seems to be the best value for money vs performance. Shell V power was horrible for my car, both in terms of money and performance. Never used it beyond the first 2 times.

I also don't have COCO pumps near my home so I go with the ones that have good reputation. Even then there is good amount of variability in performance which correlates mostly with traffic, keeping load and driving style same.

Fuelio is a good app and yes, I use it even now as well to store fuel refill information with receipt images. But I like my excel table better to see overall trends.

At slower speeds in the Taigun, we will feel the bumps in the road, especially if they are bigger. At higher speed, if the gaps or holes are smaller, I can hear the tyre and the chasis noise but the bump doesn't pass through in to the cabin. During my road trip to Coimbatore and back earlier this month, I literally breezed over unpaved roads at the diversions near a few road works, while I saw cars like Brezza, Polo, City, a Jaguar etc. slowing down significantly in those stretches.

Specifically on bridge connectors: These vary widely in terms of alignment, gap between sections and quality of tarmac at the joints. On well maintained bridges, I do not see feel them that easily but on bad ones, the gaps are felt very strongly.

There have been bridges where I had to reduce speed to make sure that there was no damage to the wheels not just at the connectors but also places where big chunks of the top layer of road were missing. I haven't driven either the Slavia or the Virtus, so I am unable to give any comparison.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks