Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2022, 12:49   #31
BHPian

Re: Our first car comes home: Hyundai i20 N Line DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
No underbody protection is provided. I would like to add this for my car:
Great Review and I love my new i20 too for the same reasons as above. Please suggest, where we can do the underbody protection in Bangalore. Thank You.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 13:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Our first car comes home: Hyundai i20 N Line DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya1 View Post
I have just an unrelated question. What software, if at all you use to darken the pics and show just the headlights/DRLs? In camera exposure setting doesn't cut it. Can we also do this in a video?
I used a simple Windows photos viewer to darken the pics. Any app will do I guess. Also, you can darken the images in your phone before clicking them, and on some cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post

I’m awaiting my N Line delivery on Tuesday.. Starry night colour.
Thanks. Do share pictures of the Starry night colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Great Review and I love my new i20 too for the same reasons as above. Please suggest, where we can do the underbody protection in Bangalore. Thank You.
Thanks. I havent done the underbody coating. I'll get back to you once I have a solid answer for your question.
ChiragM is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 11:33   #33
BHPian

Re: Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review

Brilliant review and congratulations on a beautiful car. She looks gorgeous. I am now seriously contemplating the N line after reading your review.

You mentioned a stiff suspension so does that have a major impact on the ride quality in the city?
EvilZombie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 12:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZombie View Post
Brilliant review and congratulations on a beautiful car. She looks gorgeous. I am now seriously contemplating the N line after reading your review.

You mentioned a stiff suspension so does that have a major impact on the ride quality in the city?
Thanks. It is definitely on the stiffer side. But it is not uncomfortable.
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 17:43   #35
Senior - BHPian

The car unfortunately has been taking a few hits from city traffic. The first major one led to damaged rear bumper, tail light, scratched alloy and a tyre replacement due to a slash in the tyre. Insurance claimed.

Here's the damage:
Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review-hit-1-1.jpg

Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review-hit-1-2.jpg

The car this time went to Blue Hyundai Kormangla for the repair, and I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the work done in this service centre. Many parts of the rear bumper were not painted properly. Have left it as is for now:
Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review-hit-2-1.jpg

Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review-hit-2-2.jpg

Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review-hit-2-3.jpg

Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review-hit-2-4.jpg

Soon after, a scooter did this to the front bumper:
Our first car comes home | Hyundai i20 N Line DCT | Ownership Review-hit-3-1.jpeg
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 09:17   #36

Hi Chirag, thank you for the detailed and comprehensive review of the i20 N8 DCT. Did you also test drive the i20 IVT petrol? I test drove both DCT and IVT and my first impression was that the IVT definitely had more zing and had peppier pick up than the DCT turbo. What's your opinion about this?
Old 8th September 2022, 16:22   #37
BHPian

Hi Beemrao, I've driven both and own the N8 DCT which is much more fun to drive than the IVT. It takes a bit to get used to the turbo lag initially which otherwise works well in bumper to bumper bangalore traffic. If you're looking for just a fast pickup, a manual I20 or IMT N line may work better. While the DCT may be slightly slower off the mark, once you cross 2000 rpm the DCT surges ahead seamlessly through all the gears right through the rev bands, possibly making it the fastest I20 around. The exhaust note with the sports mode with paddle shifters take the driving experience to the next level. Note that the N Line also comes with a stiffer gas charged suspension and heavier steering which work amazingly well on the highways and curves. Unfortunately Bangalore roads and traffic can hardly do justice to the fun of driving this car. Driving it on empty stretches and curves is where it shines. You could take a test ride accordingly.
Old 5th October 2022, 08:40   #38
BHPian

Hi,

Wud appreciate if you could kindly share your opinion on comfort levels during long road travel. Do you get any back ache / pain ? Asking since it's a low slung car and I normally end up with back pain in my swift.
Old 27th October 2022, 23:39   #39
y2k
BHPian

Quote:
The car unfortunately has been taking a few hits from city traffic. The first major one led to damaged rear bumper, tail light, scratched alloy and a tyre replacement due to a slash in the tyre. Insurance claimed.

The car this time went to Blue Hyundai Kormangla for the repair, and I must say that I am pretty disappointed with the work done in this service centre. Many parts of the rear bumper were not painted properly. Have left it as is for now:
Congrats on your new purchase and on a well done review. It helps prospective buyers like me to gain insights into the product.

I have a few questions and would appreciate your response basis your experience and research
  1. Why did you not consider the new Baleno? In other words where does this particular model excel against the top model of Baleno
  2. Likewise, amongst all models of I20 (automatic), and they confuse me a lot, as I am looking for my first car purchase and have not been an enthusiast nor researcher, how did you zero in on this model compared to other I 20 models and lineups (and even variants for that matter - other than budget)
  3. Is it that this car takes damage more easily or develops issues more easily? I have been reading a lot of reports in other threads as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
Hi Beemrao, I've driven both and own the N8 DCT which is much more fun to drive than the IVT. It takes a bit to get used to the turbo lag initially which otherwise works well in bumper to bumper bangalore traffic. If you're looking for just a fast pickup, a manual I20 or IMT N line may work better. While the DCT may be slightly slower off the mark, once you cross 2000 rpm the DCT surges ahead seamlessly through all the gears right through the rev bands, possibly making it the fastest I20 around. The exhaust note with the sports mode with paddle shifters take the driving experience to the next level. Note that the N Line also comes with a stiffer gas charged suspension and heavier steering which work amazingly well on the highways and curves. Unfortunately Bangalore roads and traffic can hardly do justice to the fun of driving this car. Driving it on empty stretches and curves is where it shines. You could take a test ride accordingly.
Apart from the gearbox do you believe that a certain line/variant is superior to others in any other way?
Old 30th October 2022, 06:30   #40
BHPian

I found the N8 DCT superior to all of the above for some of the below factors which totally justify the price
- Bose premium surround speakers with sub woofer
- 6 airbags
- 10 inch touchscreen with in built navigation and voice commands, apple car play and android auto
- usb chargers front and back
- cooled glovebox
- cornering lights
- tpms etc. etc.

Overall tech wise this car is fully loaded. I can remotely start the car, open and lock it, set geofencing and valet modes etc. Black leather seats, paddle shifters with dual clutch etc. just make this car very likeable.
Old 8th December 2023, 20:17   #41

Quote:

What I like

• Lovely 1.0L turbo-petrol and DCT combo
• Enjoyable exhaust note
• High-speed stability, negligible body roll, heavier steering
• Loaded with more than you can use features
• Quality and fit and finish of the interiors
• Blue Hyundai's sales experience and after-sales service so far

Hi Chiraag,
How is the performance of your i20 after driving for 1.5 years. What mileage are you getting in city?

Regards,
Sujan DL

Last edited by graaja : 8th December 2023 at 21:37. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant portion of a post.
Old 8th March 2024, 00:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
Overall tech wise this car is fully loaded. I can remotely start the car, open and lock it, set geofencing and valet modes etc. Black leather seats, paddle shifters with dual clutch etc. just make this car very likeable.
While checking out the new Creta, I had a chance to test drive the i20 Nline and came back thoroughly impressed. The only concern I had was the seat cover. Couldn't make out if it was leather or PU and how it would fare during the summers.
Old 8th March 2024, 06:02   #43
BHPian

I haven't faced any heat or sweating issues on the seats on the N8 DCT 2022 model, in the Bangalore summers. Not sure about the current models and seat covers provided though. It's short of 2 years and I'm happy with the car overall. Most people I know opted for small SUVs in this price segment but I find the I20 Nline more fun and flickable to drive both on the highway and the city. Due to its relatively exorbitant price one doesn't see many of these on the roads as well, so it still stands out in the crowd. The Hyundai service has been excellent so far.
Slash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 14:48   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Couldn't make out if it was leather or PU and how it would fare during the summers.
None of the mass-market cars get ‘full leather’ upholstery. They’re all leatherette which is a mixture of leather and PU and maybe some other elements too (I think).

However, they all fare pretty well even in the summers. Having ventilated seats considerably better the experience though.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th March 2024 at 04:47.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 15:15   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Hope you did not rate them a 10!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks