Team-BHP - My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/249228-my-jeep-compass-limited-4x4-diesel-automatic-ownership-review.html)

Here is the star of the thread! Isn't he handsome?

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20211105-1.02.55-pm.jpeg

To start off, I want to keep this thread simple so please do not expect a master piece. The last time I wrote a proper review was back in 2011 for my i20. So its been a long time. The intent of this thread is to share my overall experience (with lots of pictures) with the Jeep which I intend to keep for a long time.

So how it started.

I distinctly remember that evening. At around 5pm, I snuck out of office to check out the newly launched Jeep Compass. The showroom was nearby - a mere 10 minute walk from my office. It was located in a nice neighborhood in Kolkata and had a pleasant feel to it. As I entered the showroom and marched towards a red Compass, a sales advisor (SA) approached me and started explaining the features. I sat inside the car for a good 5 minutes. It felt different. There were similar sized SUVs perhaps in the same segment but the Compass felt like a car that was built differently - had a very solid feel to it. I started taking in the new car smell. Yum. I secretly fell in love with the overall package. And then the SA decided to bring me back to reality by handing over the price list. Sigh! Not that I was not aware of the price but plonking in 18-20L for a car in my 20's was a complete no-no. I took the price list, folded it neatly, placed it inside the brochure, thanked her and left. This was 2017.

The car had a desirability factor to it. Period. I was not madly in love with it but there was something about it which lingered on.

Fast forward to 2020

My beloved i20 Asta (Petrol) had turned 9 and there is no denying the fact that Hyundai's cars do not age well. There were several issues with it (steering module, rusting had started in few places) and I was spending a lot of money every year to keep it running well. Regardless, I loved the car to bits. But it was time to be realistic. With the 10 year mark approaching, I had around 35K to pay for road tax, around 5K for a new battery and another 8-9K for insurance. So buying a new car was always at the back of mind. BUT, there wasn't a single car out there that I 'absolutely' wanted. Not a single car that had me day-dreaming about it. Not until August 15, 2020.

Do you know what happened on August 15, 2020? Mahindra launched the Thar. After many many years, there was finally a car that actually pulled the right strings. I have never needed the rear seats, price was right, it could go anywhere and it was a car that had both beauty and beast packed into one. This along with watching hours and hours of Spiti, Leh and Zanksar vlogs on Youtube had me hooked and how. So how 'hooked' were you Pancham if you may ask? I booked the Thar in November 2020 and waited till October 2021 for delivery. Yes 11 hopeless months of continuous follow ups and expectations. When I say continuous follow ups - I mean speaking to the RSA and SA every single week. What did I get? Nada. Mahindra failed to allocate a damn Thar to me. Funnily, the car was always in an 'arriving state' - "sir, next week its coming", "sir, your wait is over - next month for sure". The SA and I befriended each other on Facebook. It was not until late September 2021 when I realized that I am not getting my Thar. My Facebook friend had betrayed me. It was so hard for me to be mad at him when you see pictures of him cuddling his 2 year old every day - Awww! So, the heartbroken me had to unfriend him on social media even before cancelling the booking. Sigh (again)! Alright, I will stop being so dramatic. I really liked the Thar but let bygones be bygones. This thread is not about the Thar - this is about my Jeep. (Sounds quite funny when you say that in one sentence).

Coming back to the Jeep: given that the Compass was always at the back of my mind, I test drove it quite a few times in between. And as the 2nd generation millennials (I consider myself a first gen by the way) would say, 'I did it just for the LOLs'. I wanted to buy it but was not able to convince my inner self to spend double the cash just because Mahindra would not allocate me a Thar on time. Regardless, I got my first test drive experience with the pre-facelift version in December 2020. It was a diesel auto 4X4. The test drive was quite underwhelming. The SA was nice. He gave me a decently long test drive but the car was not in the best shape. It had run 19K and was quite noisy. I said good bye but we kept in touch. Nope, this time I had learned my lesson and I did not want to see his cuddly cute timeline of personal pictures on social media - so no Facebook.

Few weeks later, he shared pictures of the facelifted Compass. Man!! The changes were radical. The much needed upgrade to the interiors had teleported the Compass to a different segment. But I was still patiently waiting for the Thar. In the meantime, I sold my i20 to the Mahindra dealer for a decent price (not post pandemic decent price though - the used car prices have gone really gone up since). The process was super smooth and they got the transfer done in 15-20 days. Here is a picture of my mother handing over the keys (clicked for proof of delivery).

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img4720.jpg

Months went by and with no news of the Thar, I started thinking about the Compass again. My head kept saying I could get two Thars for one Compass - the price difference was that huge (top end vs. top end). Also, lets be honest, the two cars are not comparable. The Thar is a go anywhere 4X4. The Compass was a comfortable 4X4 which can cocoon me after a hectic day in office. My mother hated the Thar - she said she could not see me go to office in 'that'. Haha. Also, she said if I am buying a car I should get the nicer one and keep it for a long time. With my mother's ashirvaad, I started looking at the lower variants of the Compass:

Diesel Manual - Longitude or Limited.

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img6312.jpg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img6308.jpg

(Picture is that of a petrol auto variant, btw)

There is only one thing I can say about the diesel manual. It pulls like a train. Its that good. Also, the Longitude variant was super value for money (VFM). It was around 22L on road at that time with all the right features you 'need' and a solid diesel engine. But the Limited had more goodies - goodies that I wanted and perhaps not needed (except the 6 airbags, of course). If I had a one rupee coin for every time I texted my SA that I am ready to book a diesel manual, I would have been able to afford their overpriced Accessories Kit with a leather tissue box that Jeep is offering. I had 'almost' booked this variant a zillion times. But then I kept backing off as it was a compromise. My heart was never set on this variant. And I did not want a manual. I wanted to graduate to an auto and let my left knee live a little longer. The clutch travel was long in this one. Also there was no 4X4 - I did not absolutely need it but I wanted one - for my Zanskar, Spiti and Leh trips. I dont think I would have been happy with Longitude Diesel manual in the long run. My SA was fed up with me after a point (I think) and he stopped following up. Perhaps, he realized I will never actually buy the car.

In between, I drove a bunch of other variants too - including the Petrol Manual. I liked them all but could not fully convince myself to spending so much and then compromise on the overall package.

Just to touch on the petrol manual variant - I think it is one of the most underrated and underbought variants of the Compass. The engine was smooth and the clutch was very light. This one came to around 18L on road in mid-2021 and had decent features too. But, in life you hardly fall for VFM - you fall for another VFM - Vanity for Money. I was drawn to the higher variants because I wanted to keep this car for long and I wanted all the goodies - everything. Every square inch of digital screen, every semiconductor chip that was build for this car, everything.

Then I made a new friend
In all of this, I met Deep. A fellow Bhpian (handle Slipstream11) from Pune/Kolkata who was also waiting for his Thar as well. We booked on the same day and he got his car in July 2021. We made plans to go to Zanskar in Sept 2021. All this while, I chewed up his head about this dilemma of whether or not to take the leap - from a Mahindra to a Jeep. He was perhaps the only guy patiently listening to me - everyone else literally abandoned me. I was so indecisive. Our Zanskar plans have now shifted to July 2022 and hopefully will materialize this time.

What was I driving all this while
After selling off the i20 in January, I started using the Santro that I had bought for my mother in November 2019. Cute little car and great for city runabouts.
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-img6870.jpg

What other cars did I check out
Honestly, I think when you are in the market to buy a car it's actually a great opportunity to go out and test drive all the different cars out to there. You may not buy that car but at least you are in the market and you are looking at your options. This is what I always felt but when the time came I did quite the opposite. The only other car which I checked out was the 2021 Octavia. Boy o boy. Octavia has been one of my all time favorites and this new one has taken things up a notch. The car was so good. And the power - oof! But the sales experience was a bit dull. Before the test drive, there was one SA who was following up relentlessly. So on one Sunday, we set up a test drive and I texted him the location. He said he will come by 2pm but called me to tell me that he will be late. I said okay and then, he never turned up. Did not answer my calls either. After a week he called me to say there was an accident and if he could bring the car again. I said ok and we fixed a time. He did not turn up, again.

I reached out to another branch of the same showroom in the city. This SA was not very enthusiastic and he clearly mentioned that there were no offers on the car (although people in other cities were getting a decent amount off the sticker price). He came over in an L&K for the test drive. It was good. I asked him if I could see the Style variant in person. He said there was one in the showroom and asked me to come over. So on a Saturday, I called the showroom up (not the SA, for some reason I do not remember) and asked if I could come over - someone picked up and said yes. I was just excited to see the car so I did not really care if the SA was there in showroom as long as the car was. I reached only to realize that the showroom was closed. The car was in the showroom. I told the security guard that I had called 30 min back to check if I could drop by and someone said yes but he did not believe me. Fair enough but that was more or less it for me. I decided to drop it. Perhaps it was a miscommunication but overall, it was a meh experience.

Next few months
Mid-2021 till Sept 2021 was spent killing brain cells on whether to retain the Thar booking or just get the Compass.

A test drive that cost me 2.5Lakhs - Time a for a full Send

By late September, I had started to detest Mahindra's overall conduct and attitude towards the Thar bookings. I had started making up my mind to go once and go big - buy the Compass and call it a day. I test drove the petrol auto and thought the performance was just about adequate. The fuel efficiency figures were dismal but then I had to compromise somewhere. No 4X4 either so perhaps I wont be able to do Zanskar but daily office rides will be fun. The on road price of the Limited variant was coming to around INR 26 Lakhs. No discounts at all. A big stretch but I was ready. I asked my SA for one final test drive - a long one for the petrol auto and short one with the diesel auto - just for a quick comparison to see how big a difference is there (drivability wise) between the two. And that, my dear friends, was a mistake - I did a back to back test drive and by the time I finished I knew what I wanted - the diesel auto. That test drive cost me INR 2.5L as I mentally upgraded from a petrol auto to diesel auto almost immediately.

Having said that, the diesel came with its own set of challenges - DPF, 10 year limit in NCR might be implemented in other cities, price, price and price. The price was way above my initial budget. The Thar was 15L, diesel manual Compass (Longitude) was 22L, Petrol auto (Limited) Compass was 26ish and now this - 28.XXL. But I realized I will not be happy if I go with anything else so I went for it - a diesel auto 4X4. Full Send!

(note: Technically, full send would mean going for A Model S Diesel 4X4 - But I went for the Limited variant)

I checked with the SA for color options. He confirmed that there was one Black 4X4 in-transit. I checked the VIN and it was an Aug 2021 manufactured car. We were in October so I thought 2 months should be fine. I took few days to decide and on October 5 (also happened to be my birthday), I went ahead and booked that goddamn Compass I have been secretly wanting all this while. A black Diesel Auto (Limited) 4X4. After more than a year of racking my brain, annoying the hell out of my friends and family I finally booked the car I wanted.

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-uyfsoya508414095.jpg

The next one month was a bit choppy - I spent a lot time being anxious than excited.

Next 1 month

It took me some time but after about a week it hit me that I was actually spending a lot to buy a car. I thought I should cancel - but then I somehow hung in. It was once in a decade purchase and I held onto the i20 for a long time so perhaps it was ok. My mother encouraged me to keep at it. That helped.

In the meantime, my SA called me to say that the car has arrived and I can come and do a PDI. I wanted to go to the stockyard - just because there would be so many Compass' to ogle at. :D Regardless, he got the car to the showroom. I took a break from work and reached the showroom at 4pm. Here is a tip which you might already know - showroom is not a great place for PDI. There is a lot of thoroughfare and you just don't have the peace of mind to go through everything on the list.

Here are some pictures from the PDI (the first time I saw the car):

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-pdiwhatsapp-image-20220312-2.04.43-pm.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220312-2.04.43-pm.jpeg

After the PDI, the loan formalities were completed. I had requested for a pre-Diwali delivery but that did not happen.
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220312-2.04.43-pm-1.jpeg
Buying experience

The overall buying experience at the Kolkata dealership was just about alright. The staff were nice and patient. The SA I was dealing with initially had moved out for his MBA. So I was dealing with another guy. Overall, they were polite and answered all my queries. I pushed them to take out the handling charges. They offered me to adjust the amount with the accessories instead. In the end they could not deliver the boot mats and refunded me the money.

Accessories
I got the floor slush mats and mud flaps from the showroom. Later got the boot slush mats from Landmark Delhi Gurgaon.

Delivery experience
I got the car exactly after a month of booking it - November 5. Reached the showroom at 11am, signed the papers, took the car and left. The SA was shocked and asked "Sir, will there be no formal 'reveal' of the car"? Formal reveal where I take the veil off the car and appear shocked at seeing my new car - the car that I did a PDI a few weeks back and also was right in front of me (uncovered) as it was getting cleaned up. Had this been 2011, I would have loved a nice cake cutting ceremony with SAs singing "Congratulations and celebrations". The Hyundai guys actually did this during our i20 purchase. But this is me in my early 30's. Corporate life has sucked out every ounce of my appetite for fun and amusement. I said no need. Lets get this done and let me drive it home. They did a quick video interview (they do it for everyone at the time of delivery), handed me a box of sweets as it was Diwali and the green Jeep 'gift' box and then we (my mother and me) left.

About the car
So it is a Jeep Compass Limited Diesel Automatic 4X4 Facelift. A lot has been written about the car. So I will keep this very specific. This car is a 'first' for me on many aspects. Its my first diesel, first black car, first SUV, first 4X4, first car with a sun roof and the list goes on. In terms of things I like and dislike about the car:

Things I like (in no particular order)
There is something about good looking cars. I can live with a good looking relatively slow car but not with a relatively fast 'very ugly' car. Again, looks are subjective but I think there is some consensus that the Compass is one handsome SUV. The proportions are just right and does not look like its trying to be something else.

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.50-pm.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.51-pm.jpeg
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-2.29.16-pm.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.54-pm-1.jpeg

Having said that, not everything is perfect. There are few issues I observed - e.g., there is some (very little) flex when you pull the driver side door to close it. The A pillar cladding is not attached properly (I think I missed this during PDI. But overall, the quality of materials and built is very very good.
Here is a quick comparison between outside noise and when the windows are rolled up (AC blower at 1):

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.44-pm.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.43-pm.jpeg

Having said that, the diesel engine noise is pretty loud on the outside. But its a good clattering sound. I quite like it.

This picture is from our CCU-DEL trip. Had stopped at a wayside facility on ALE:
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220325-5.10.57-pm.jpeg
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-1.02.39-pm.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.51-pm-1.jpeg

(Quite a dust magnet)
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.48-pm-2.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.49-pm-1.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.47-pm.jpeg

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.47-pm-1.jpeg
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.55-pm-1.jpeg

Things I dont like (in no particular order)

Black looks nice.
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-9.09.57-am.jpeg

But when you look closely.

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-9.09.58-am.jpeg
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.45-pm-1.jpeg
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220326-12.57.48-pm-1.jpeg

Quality issues that require a special mention

Since the delivery in Nov 2021, I have faced a couple of quality issues which were quite disappointing for a car at this price points:

1. The chrome lining on the hatch door (right above the Jeep logo) had/has come out. The glue seemed to have dried and come off. Visited the service centre and got it sorted. It was a long process to get the chrome lining fixed. They take out the entire rear lights' assembly to get to the lining.

The issue has reoccurred and I need to get it fixed again.

Some photos from the first time I got it fixed.
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-2b20a4f2806d4e77b654fbb56da6d471.jpeg
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-26c62d677e1d4d36af2ebec5340c5694.jpeg
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-30622505386d40178274366ff80aceec.jpeg

2. The driver side door feels weird when you try to open from the inside. It gets stuck in the first attempt and then you have to push hard (with your elbow) to open it.

It doesn’t happen all the time but the issue is there and the service guys have not been able to fix it.

3. A Pillar plastic cladding has come off: More details here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5260165

What next

The car stands at 3444kms and I plan to get the 5k Kms service done in April. Will get all the above issues checked. Honestly, I dont want them to fiddle with plastic panels and interior bits to sort out the rattling issues - I have a feeling that might do more harm than good. But the sunroof sound is really pronounced so I might just ask them to check it out.

I am sure I have forgotten to write about a lot of things. Let me know you guys if you have any specific questions. I will keep this thread updated based on my day to day experiences.

Ciao for now. :)

Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!

Nice buy. You must have racked your brains hard to choose Jeep Compass by the looks of the initial impressions as stated by you. Jeep Compass looks robust, and for some reason, it looks good in any of the color offerings by the manufacturer. This FCA-owned Jeep Compass has a DDiS 1.9 Diesel engine which is what Suzuki puts in Grand Vitara in Australia( Correct me If I am wrong here).

How is the transmission's ability to put power on road? I understand, as you stated that 3 out of 10 times it seems confused.

How is the braking?

Also, please throw some light on the 4x4 ability of the car.

The service center people need to sort out the loose ends of this car. Alluding to the rattle and all that you have talked about.

I would suggest buying a car cover, black color is a dust magnet and you said that you are living in Gurgaon so a car cover is a good buy.

The new Compass looks so much better inside & out than the old model for sure and its good in a way that you had to wait till the new one came. The Compass we have in the family "2018 model" had issues with noises coming from door's and boot. Once the front windshield was changed due to a stone impact there were noises from that too.

The 4x4 AT is indeed the pick of the bunch and I am planning to upgrade to something similar down the line. One suggestion that I would make is to get the front lip changed if its of the same size as earlier that one change made its AoA almost as good as a TrailHawk and it's much easier to take speed bumps now among other thing's.

While I would say the interior's are much better than earlier its not a match for the Octavia which we also have in the family.

Congratulations clap:

Looks handsome indeed and great that you finally opted for the car you always wanted. :thumbs up

Any issues with DPF during city runs?

Congratulations on buying an extremely solid, fun-to-drive tank. Wishing you a minimum of 150,000 km of driving pleasure & road-trips. Was keen to read your driving impressions as I only just spent a weekend with the Compass Diesel AT (Trailhawk).

Quote:

I would say 7/10 times the car is there - and that is enough for me
That was my exact rating too.

Quote:

And this phenomenon is only there in the lower 2nd or 3rd gears
Yes, it's definitely less pronounced at higher gears. I think Jeep has continuously tuned the gearbox and made it better than the earlier versions. Glad you got this over the painful Petrol DCT; driving that variant is like going to the dentist.

Thanks for sharing. Your review is going to our homepage tomorrow :thumbs up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritedhawan (Post 5285221)
Nice buy. You must have racked your brains hard to choose Jeep Compass by the looks of the initial impressions as stated by you. Jeep Compass looks robust, and for some reason, it looks good in any of the color offerings by the manufacturer. This FCA-owned Jeep Compass has a DDiS 1.9 Diesel engine which is what Suzuki puts in Grand Vitara in Australia( Correct me If I am wrong here).

How is the transmission's ability to put power on road? I understand, as you stated that 3 out of 10 times it seems confused.

How is the braking?

Also, please throw some light on the 4x4 ability of the car.

The service center people need to sort out the loose ends of this car. Alluding to the rattle and all that you have talked about.

I would suggest buying a car cover, black color is a dust magnet and you said that you are living in Gurgaon so a car cover is a good buy.

Personally, I do not prefer car covers although I have bought one as they are painting the buildings in the society. About 4X4, I have not yet got a chance to experience it but I will for sure in the near future. I will put up my experience here.

With regard to braking, as I mentioned above, its excellent. It is really precise and stops where you want it to. Very happy with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaiD (Post 5285382)
The new Compass looks so much better inside & out than the old model for sure and its good in a way that you had to wait till the new one came. The Compass we have in the family "2018 model" had issues with noises coming from door's and boot. Once the front windshield was changed due to a stone impact there were noises from that too.

Well, the rattles are there in the new one as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 5285787)

Any issues with DPF during city runs?

Thanks a lot. No DPF issues till now. The tank is little below 50% after 3500Kms of driving. Although I do expect DPF issues to crop up sooner or later.
My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20220329-8.47.10-am.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 5285893)
I think Jeep has continuously tuned the gearbox and made it better than the earlier versions. Glad you got this over the painful Petrol DCT; driving that variant is like going to the dentist.
Thanks for sharing. Your review is going to our homepage tomorrow :thumbs up.

Thanks a lot. I really hope they have taken the effort to tune the gearbox. I also read about a few PCM updates post which owners are experiencing better gear shifts. Lets see how it is after the first service. Honestly, I would have not been happy with the Petrol DCT. It would have been a big compromise.

Also, these Fiat diesel engines are legendary and I do hope to keep it well past 1,50,000 kms. Lets see how the rest of the car holds up. :D

"To start off, I want to keep this thread simple so please do not expect a master piece." So dear Pancham, mind telling me what a master piece looks like?
I have been contemplating almost everyday about starting my own thread with queries regarding 'what car?' but then a BHPian like you pops-up claiming he is writing a simple thread which eventually has this content that you just put up. Unbelievable!
Perhaps it has more to do with what one considers a masterpiece? Why some players are Sachin Tendulkar and others not. It is something deeply imbibed in them and just the way they are. Maybe you lowered my expectation in the beginning and then delivered this essay which was, in one adjective, great!
Coming to your new purchase, it is a magnificent beast! Glad your mother gave you the nudge at the appropriate time and made you stick with it. Congrats sir, stay safe and have fun!

Superb write-up Pancham. Your story of the Journey from Thar to Compass was gripping.

Congratulations on the Black Beauty !! Wish you many happy miles on it.

Cheers,
Pawan

Congratulations on your new Car. Happy miles and memories with it.

I own a 2020 version LTD+ 4x4 AT. I realized that this car is best suited for highway cruising and off roads.

I miss the linear acceleration. Cannot believe that they got this wrong so much and they had a great opportunity to fix it in the 2021 version and they did not.

The car struggles to match the acceleration inputs. The argument that its a TC and it has its inherent issues will not cut the ice because, Tucson has this department the most sorted in this segment and they use the same ZF sourced box IMO.

Congratulations on your new purchase and wish you all the best ! The limited diesel AT 4*4 retails for 34 lakh at Bangalore. The price you have quoted is an excellent deal .

Congratulations Pancham and welcome to the Jeep Club. Your car looks awesome, please get PPF film done which will save the black shade from highway scratches and city bruises.

My Grey Goose says a 'Hi' to her sibling, she is almost 1 year old than yours, came on 12th Nov 2020. She is a 4x4 Diesel Manual and munched 32K KMs already:

My Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 Diesel Automatic | Ownership Review-gg.jpg