Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2022, 16:34   #61

Re: The Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
The car was done with all required accessories and it was now time to protect the paint and do some design changes.

3. Black wrap on the roof
Thanks for the awesome ownership review
I am in the lookout for a new car and post reading your review, am leaning towards Kiger CVT. Took a test drive as well and liked the car.

One query - I see you have gone for the RXZ CVT monotone version and then blackened the roof with carbon black wrap to convert it to Dual Tone. It looks very neat. If you don't mind, will it be possible for you to share the approx. amount you spent specifically on the "black wrap" job? Will help to figure out whether this would make sense economically as well (apart from the aesthetics obviously) than going for the dual tone version. Currently there is a difference of 23k between the two RXZ versions (MT & DT) as far as ex-showroom prices are concerned.
topaz2011 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 17:42   #62
BHPian

Re: The Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz2011 View Post
If you don't mind, will it be possible for you to share the approx. amount you spent specifically on the "black wrap" job?
The place I got it done is owned by a friend and his team did a splendid job. I'll recommend you to speak with him directly to get the latest prices but I can assure you that you will save a lot by going the wrap way.

https://g.page/guy-car-steamer?share
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 21:06   #63

Re: Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
If it's a new car and you are running only on peak bumper to bumper traffic only, the average will increase very slowly. I had mentioned somewhere but when I go to drop my son in the morning to the school, I get around 14. When I go to office, I get around 11+. It varies but definitely not as bad as 5 and all.

I will be really interested to know about your Hosur run. Please update.

Regarding music system, no, there is no way out. Infact, to even power up or down the window, you have to start the car. There is no Accessory mode on in this car. It's these low hanging fruits that Renault should address soon to make this otherwise good car much more acceptable.
Finally made the Hosur trip yesterday, my first experience with the infamous "rubber-band" effect.

After a complete back and forth which is about 90kms i saw significant increase in the real time mileage reading
It shows about 8kmpl now and the best mileage I got throughout the trip is 15kmpl. Should I still be worried or is this normal? I hear new cars take some time to hit the advertised mileage
(The entire trip was in normal mode only switching to eco for Toll Queues and the AC was on intermediately)

Other than the FE concerns the car was an absolute joy to ride

And as for the power windows I am still able to use them albeit only for a short while after turning the ignition off.

P.S: can you please tell me how to turn on the high beam and check the "distance to empty". Can't seem to figure out either. Pass light as well. Thank you!
Reppin_Frost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 19:19   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin_Frost View Post
P.S: can you please tell me how to turn on the high beam and check the "distance to empty". Can't seem to figure out either. Pass light as well. Thank you!
For high beam, push the headlight stalk away from steering (away from you). It locks in that position. Pull it to return to low beam. For pass light, pull that stalk towards steering, from its low beam position, and release.
DTE: Move the OK button on the steering wheel up/down until you see the information needed. It toggles among trip A, B and DTE. Every time car is started, it displays trip A by default.
PassivePolo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 15:04   #65

Hi everyone!
Jumped onto Abhishek's review and sold my 14 year old long time Swift for a new Renault Kiger RXZ CVT Brown color in Aug 2022. Its just been about 45 days and about 2000 kms of running. The vehicle seems pretty decent to drive along, handles well, I felt the steering was a bit small in size and overall seems strictly built to a price with a few hard and sharp edges around. Sometimes difficult to digest the standards of INR 12+ Lakh cars these days and definitely not in the league of the Japanese, German, Indian or Korean counterparts.

Couple of days back though, faced a horrible Petrol Leak after a short drive. The entire petrol tank was drained out onto the road and the vehicle wouldn't start. It was towed away to the service centre where the issue was 'simply' pinpointed to the pipe falling off loose. This is unbelievable for any vehicle as far as I know and have owned. We have taken serious note of this issue and trying to understand the root cause before taking back the vehicle. A small fire would have changed the scene totally. And such a situation at odd hours in a remote place may have made life difficult. This issue has really had everyone at home thinking whether we made the right decision to move away from a Maruti, Tata, Mahindra or Hyundai.

Also, observed that the rear mud flaps have fallen loose within such a short time, speaks volumes about the quality of installed accessories as well as the installation job itself.

All the quirks highlighted by other BHPians continue to be irritants but can't deny that the overall driving experience of the Turbo Engine+CVT is worth, rubberband effect aside the CVT irons out much of the jerks and non- linear power delivery smoother.

Despite the incident though the overall Showroom experience and support has been trouble free so far and I hope can move proceed to have many happy years of motoring without major hiccups.

Note: The photo was taken when the vehicle was being towed away. Imagine my luck that this happened right infront of one of our temple visit during the mandatory Navrathiri temple runs!

Cheers people!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20221003-13.27.32.jpeg  

viny2k8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 13:21   #66

1. My Kiger CVT Turbo was delivered to me in Ernakulam on Sep 3, as it was not available in Trivandrum. I returned to Trivandrum on Sep 5. On reaching, I found that the area below all the 4 doors was dirty due to road grime. When I reported this to the dealer and showed him the video, I was told that all cars have this problem, so thi is not unique to Kiger. In any case, they claimed to be aware of the problem, but did not have a solution.

2. On Sep 10, I drove back to Ernakulam from Trivandrum and was headed for the Kochi airport. About 10 kms from the airport, the car stopped and could not be moved. The dometer reading at this time was 529 kms. I found that the transmission fluid had leaked. We had to abandon the car there and it was later towed to the same dealer from where it was delivered. Being a Saturday, and Onam holidays were on, they were able to inspect the car only on Monday. In the meantime, I returned to Trivandrum in a taxi on Sunday.

3. I was told that a clamp for a hose was not fixed properly, and hence the hose had disconnected and the fluid had leaked. The car was brought back to the Trivandrum dealer on Wednesday, and I got it back on Thursday.

4. Roadside Assistance: It took 1.5 hours for them to get a cab to pick us up from the breakdown location and take us to a hotel. While I paid Rs 1300, I was told that Rs 1000 is the amount I would be reimbursed. Still waiting for that, although they claim it has been paid.

5. I paid Rs 11000 for the cab from Kochi airport to Trivandrum, still waiting for that reimbursement. In the meantime, I was asked whether I wanted to use the Rs 11000 towards extended warranty for 2 years beyond the 3 years I already had. I asked them to provide the extended warranty at no cost to me, for which they gave me some explanation that made no sense at all, so not done.

6. I still think the car is great, but I wonder whether I made a mistake since nobody at Renault or TVS seems to be responsible for the customer experience.
exec2063 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 11:16   #67

Is it just me or does anyone find that the illumination from the headlights is inadequate? Is there some way to increase?
Old 9th October 2022, 21:12   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viny2k8 View Post
The entire petrol tank was drained out onto the road and the vehicle wouldn't start. It was towed away to the service centre where the issue was 'simply' pinpointed to the pipe falling off loose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exec2063 View Post
I found that the transmission fluid had leaked. We had to abandon the car there and it was later towed to the same dealer from where it was delivered.
Okay these are scary !!! I hope these are not a usual. Both are critical, specially the fuel leaking one !!

Quote:
On reaching, I found that the area below all the 4 doors was dirty due to road grime.
This, I was also noticing after I saw some reviews but when I checked my Ciaz, same thing. Somehow dirt seeps in not inside the cabin but in the inside edges of the body panel under the door. I am not sure about other cars though. I am presuming not.

Quote:
Is it just me or does anyone find that the illumination from the headlights is inadequate? Is there some way to increase?
I have still been driving the Ciaz 2015 along side this one and this is like day time lights for me (Exaggerated). It's quite nice actually. Just check on the alignment with the service team ones. My left headlight alignment was not right. It's fine after they fixed it.

Meanwhile, few other friends and family members have picked up the Kiger and have been enjoying the car but everybody has the same say, there is evident cost cutting although the drive makes up for it. Let's hope the long term review does not change the opinion.
abhisheksircar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 23:45   #69

Just bought a new 2022 Renault Kiger Turbo CVT 1.0 - Took delivery yesterday (14-Oct-2022).

Straight out I had issues getting the car started (even while at the showroom). So wanted to seek help here on this forum, if any of you have faced something similar.

The car did not start (after being switched off) at:
1. The showroom itself (Took delivery from Renault-Yeshwantpur in Bangalore)
2. On the drive back to our home (Had to switch off the engine while waiting in traffic)
3. After I got home and parked it for about 1 hour.

Each time I have seen different errors appear on the MID - "Battery Charging Fault", "Check Auto Gear Box", "Check Anti-Pollution System".

When checking with the Service Center, what I was told is that I had left the smart key card on the wireless charging unit - which is what caused this issue.

Now, I had left the key card on the wireless charger for maybe 10-15 minutes while we completed the delivery formalities. Would that really be the reason for this problem?

To add on, I went to Renault-Yelahanka Service Center earlier today. They checked the car thoroughly (That's what they claim) and found no issue. They said both key card and battery are fully charged (I checked their claim and battery at least seems to be charged). I also tested the car - took it for a test drive and stopped the engine and and re-started. So far so good.

NOTE:
1. The car comes only with a push-button start, so if it doesn't start with the push-button, there is practically no other way to start the car.
2. I did push down on the brake pedal to start the car (as instructed) and I pushed quite hard - the car did not start inspite of that.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20221014-6.01.15-pm.jpeg  

Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20221014-6.01.16-pm.jpeg  

Renault Kiger RXZ 1.0 Turbo CVT | Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20221014-7.05.32-pm.jpeg  

sandeep.devapur is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2022, 12:33   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.devapur View Post

NOTE:
1. The car comes only with a push-button start, so if it doesn't start with the push-button, there is practically no other way to start the car.
2. I did push down on the brake pedal to start the car (as instructed) and I pushed quite hard - the car did not start inspite of that.
It won’t start in D mode, only in P or N the car will start.
Old 17th October 2022, 13:35   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarkhan View Post
It won’t start in D mode, only in P or N the car will start.
@ambarkhan - Agreed. I used the "P" mode each time. To add on, when the car didn't start at the showroom, I had the service guys come in and try to start - even they were not able to start it either.
Old 18th October 2022, 11:12   #72

Quote:
@ambarkhan - Agreed. I used the "P" mode each time. To add on, when the car didn't start at the showroom, I had the service guys come in and try to start - even they were not able to start it either.
I have had a similar issue from time to time, ie. unable to start. I suspect that it may have something to do with the Park mode sensor.
Old 18th October 2022, 11:38   #73

I am unable to attach video of the road grime under the door that I shared with Renault dealer, hence this pic of the front passenger door
Old 18th October 2022, 15:49   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Just bought a new 2022 Renault Kiger Turbo CVT 1.0 - Took delivery yesterday (14-Oct-2022).

Straight out I had issues getting the car started (even while at the showroom). So wanted to seek help here on this forum, if any of you have faced something similar.
These definitely do not look or sound usual. There can't be so many different error messages for the key messing up. Please keep the thread updated about how's it progressing but that said, quite a heartbreaker experience.

I have had few friends and family who have picked up and thankfully no major complains other than the following

1. Sound from the brakes in low speed.
2. Fuel Economy

Brakes is something that I have also faced as I mentioned ealier but that's not as pronounced. Mileage is something that I also go hit with over time. Now I must say that recently Bangalore saw some crazy traffic and I myself drove though a stretch of 20 kms in 3 hrs. Now what I have started doing is using the Eco Mode. In stop go traffic like these, it's doable. Eco mode is very un-engaging to start with but once on the move, I realized, one can live with it consideirng the mileage benefits that one can get. It's not that it has been miracles since then but it's slowly, very slowly climbing up from 8. Yes, it had gone that low. Meanwhile, a friend who recently picked up has been driving in normal driving conditions has been getting around 14 and it's mostly because he has not see the dreadful traffic that I had to see multiple time. So in normal traffic and driving conditions 12+ is quite achievable.

I am soon starting to sound like many Bangaloreans to whom if you talk about bad traffic, high cost of living, they have one thing so say, the weather is so nice. I keep repeating the same thing, the drivability is so nice with the gear shifts so smooth while we discuss issues
Old 20th October 2022, 17:40   #75

Quote:
Especially at highway speeds, I find the throw inadequate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks