Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 19:36   #166
BHPian

re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

JoshMachine, congrats on completing a year with your beautiful machine. Undoubtedly, the cleanest lines on a car is found on Audi’s. Wishing you many many more kilometres, happy driving. Peace
Air_Kerala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 23:55   #167
BHPian

re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

Dear Joshmachine,
Congratulations. It’s a pleasure to read your updates. I will have to blame you if I am going to get an Audi😁. I am one of the fortunate ones who owned two 2 TSIs. One in Tiguan Allspace and another one in Skoda Superb. It’s a pleasure to drive these machines. Unfortunately, I had to sell Superb due to my change in job resulting in low running. Would you please elaborate on the second-row space and comfort in A4 and its comparison with Superb?

Regards
Dr ST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 13:10   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Awesome as always !! Your thread is going to be the de facto guide for someone buying this beauty new or pre-owned. Loved the side profile of the car in your last pic.
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
I have 2022 Octavia and I was pleasantly surprised to see your average FE has been around 13. For me, over last 12500 KMs, it has been approx 12. As you rightly said, this engine and the GB is a match made in heaven. I am not sure how much this combo differs between our cars but my experience is not too different from what you have penned down in the thread.
From my experience, I believe the FE on this EA888 family toggles every 2-3 tankfuls of fuel (around 1500-2000 km), considering the fact that the driving patterns (city traffic, highway etc.) can change over this distance and time period. My A4's FE was hovering around the 13.7-14.0 kmpl just around 14k-15k km mark but it has gone down to just above 13+ kmpl mark. So I guess this is an evolutionary trend and the turbo engine is quite sensitive in this regard.

Looking at the kerb weight differences, the A4 is heavier than the Octavia by about 100 kgs or so. No idea about the aerodynamics bit and how that comes into play given the design elements of the 2 cars but then, we are not looking at speeds where we will need to bring the aero drag or whatever in question here.
So practically speaking, in my view, only the driving style and the environments (city/highway) will play a larger role in determining the FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
A hearty congratulations! Your A4 is such a stunner and that beautiful colour makes it all the more elegant. Grey is something not too easy to do well, but Audi has done it brilliantly here. This is a wonderful thread for anyone looking for painstakingly detailed information on the A4 or a thoroughly enjoyable read, or both!
Thanks a ton!
The Terra Grey color really stands out among the blues, the whites and the blacks. Agree with you totally that Audi has got it spot-on.

Quote:
It's amazing to see how efficient the 2.0 TSI can be for the performance it offers. Looks like the Budack cycle really works wonders!
You are absolutely right!

Per Audi, this engine, is technically superior over its predecessors, by virtue of many advancements namely - the revamped fuel system (higher pressure 250 bar), chain drive (longer guides, lower tensioning force, faster oil pump ratios etc), newer engine management with enhanced combustion cycle process, Audi Valvelift system on intake side and some other modifications like a new vacuum pump, smaller turbocharger, engine oil with less viscosity among the salient features.
The highlight or the talking point of the Gen.3B engine is the modification to the regular combustion process of the Miller cycle. Audi has given this modification a new name, calling it the B-cycle. At its core, its principle is comparable to the Miller cycle, which, in my layman understanding, uses a higher expansion ratio than compression ratio (i.e., over-expansion) obtained by either early or late closing of the intake valves and results in a smaller effective compression stroke; combustion and expansion proceed normally.

Quote:
It's really cool that you take your A4 literally everywhere.
You hit the nail on the head here... I take it to the vegetable market + restaurant + grocery store + out of Pune + office + any other place that I feel like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Kerala View Post
JoshMachine, congrats on completing a year with your beautiful machine. Undoubtedly, the cleanest lines on a car is found on Audi’s. Wishing you many many more kilometres, happy driving. Peace
Thanks a bunch!
Couldn't agree with you more on the clean lines/design elements from Audi. Very few brands come close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr ST View Post
Dear Joshmachine,
Congratulations. It’s a pleasure to read your updates. I will have to blame you if I am going to get an Audi😁. I am one of the fortunate ones who owned two 2 TSIs. One in Tiguan Allspace and another one in Skoda Superb. It’s a pleasure to drive these machines. Unfortunately, I had to sell Superb due to my change in job resulting in low running. Would you please elaborate on the second-row space and comfort in A4 and its comparison with Superb?
I guess I will take the blame willingly if you get an A4 too
Both of your cars are solid in their own ways - the Tiguan and the Superb!

If I compare the A4 and the Superb for rear seat space, the latter has more cubic feet area in the back for sure. But I somehow didn't find too much fault with the A4 either, the seats are quite comfortable and have that snug feeling. Just that the entry/exit can be cumbersome for parents.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 12:57   #169
Senior - BHPian

Went for a short visit to Alandi, about 1.5 hrs. from my place.

Alandi is popular as a place of pilgrimage and the resting place of the 8th century Sant Dnyaneshwar. The place is located on the banks of the river Indrayani and draws thousands of devotees during religious festivals. Every year, the Paduka (symbolic sandals) of Sant Dnyaneshwar go on a 21-day Palkhi from Alandi to reach Pandharpur on Ashadhi Ekadashi (June or July). The Palkhi procession is joined by hundreds of thousand of Varkari devotees for the ~150 km journey.

The journey along the route is largely uneventful, except for some traffic snarls along the way in Pimpri-Chinchwad.

Parking at the place is not that great, but you can still manage to find a good spot in the designated but unofficial parking area.

We reached there in the late afternoon/early evening yesterday (a regular weekend) hence there was the usual crowd pattern in the premises, neither too much nor too less.

The place is quite serene, and the local administration seems to have generally managed to keep the river banks clean although there are some miscreants who end up soiling the river water by doing anything and everything.

At the river bank in Alandi, the view and the overall atmosphere was so captivating that we just sat there mesmerized by it all:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230513_183520.jpg

..and somewhere along the way:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-img_1717.jpg

And on the way back to home, we stopped at The Pavilion Mall. This was on display:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230513_212305.jpg

Although I do not personally subscribe to this orangish color, must admit that the Q3 looks smashing in it!

Last edited by JoshMachine : 14th May 2023 at 13:08.
JoshMachine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 14:48   #170
BHPian

Hi Joshmachine, are you not afraid of random brushes or dashes from the 2 wheelers if you take it to all places not exactly means for an Audi ?

I always fear this and thus take the car out only when I have a flight plan ready for the car. I must know where I start, which widest route to take, which parking space etc. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post

You hit the nail on the head here... I take it to the vegetable market + restaurant + grocery store + out of Pune + office + any other place that I feel like
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 17:46   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi Joshmachine, are you not afraid of random brushes or dashes from the 2 wheelers if you take it to all places not exactly means for an Audi ?

I always fear this and thus take the car out only when I have a flight plan ready for the car. I must know where I start, which widest route to take, which parking space etc. LOL
To be honest, I believe in living the Audi/A4 dream every day, hence I take out the car almost everywhere I go as mentioned above .
With the crazy Pune traffic, I know its a bold strategy but one that I am ready to live with.
And about defining places not exactly meant for an Audi, well, its we who should decide that and not 'others', what say

I am of the opinion that unless I spend the maximum time with this dream acquisition, I will not be able to do justice to why I got it in the first place! Cliched, I know.

And (touchwood) in the last 12-13 months, I have been fortunate to keep the A4 scratch-free!
For all the transgressions, I will let the Audi CSVP + insurance zero dep cover work hard to take care of that.
JoshMachine is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 18:25   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, I believe in living the Audi/A4 dream every day, hence I take out the car almost everywhere I go as mentioned above ...

If one is not going to drive a car, there is little point in owning it!

(Unless one has multiple vehicles including collector's items)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 20:32   #173

Quote:
It definitely does work, no questions asked. But its a very expensive setup, being sold by the OEM.
Hi JoshMachine.
Sorry for the radio silence but better late than never I hope. I did get the Premium Plus because my old man felt the roughly 4 lac OTR premium for the Technology variant wasn't justified.

I wont dare overlap the already massive coverage you did in your review, but point of note as an E250 driver : this thing punches way above its weight with regards to NVH and ride quality !

Thanks again for those anti-rodent measure links; alas I had already plonked the INR 38K for Audi's anti-Marten kit by then.

Shoutout to TBHP familia, and especially to you JoshMachine ! (Ikonic(??) handle I must say) for your amazing guidance on this topic; I did apprise the Goa dealership of your influential review, and how you deserve atleast some of the credit for Audi's now slightly higher bottomline.

Attaching pics of the not-so mythical Mythos Black A4 (Apologies as I took these after a week of ownership), along with pics of the hopefully rat no-fly (crawl) zone engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails
A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-a4-front.jpg  

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-a4-iso.jpg  

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-a4-rear.jpg  

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-anti-marten-kit.jpg  

Radeon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 18:25   #174
Senior - BHPian

Monsoon trip around Pune

Cometh the rains, and all of us in the family wanted to get out and head off to a nice place.

This time round, we visited this tony resort: Jal Srushti, located about 1.5 hrs.' drive from our place in Pune. And did we time it right, since we were perhaps the last of the lot to enjoy the place and the resort has closed its gates since due to the heavy rainfall in the region.

Somewhere on the way towards the fabulous resort:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_115601.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_115634.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_115901.jpg

The resort was quite pleasant given the onset of monsoon and everywhere around, we were greeted with lush green, serene environs:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230624_132702.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_071018.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_071655.jpg

Inside the resort, the landscaping looked liked it had been given some serious planning, and the results showed:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230624_150919.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230624_151634.jpg

The amateur shutterbug in me, couldn't resist taking in all the beauty:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_072237.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_072547.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230625_092254.jpg

The cottages also have quite an interesting decor:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230624_153104.jpg

And exude a sense of some good old world charm:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230624_134903.jpg

Having said this, there are bits and pieces of some peculiarities around the resort, like these for example and brought a smile to our faces:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230624_150649.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230624_150723.jpg

We stayed there for a weekend. The food was pleasantly good, and it catered to all palettes, cuisines et al.

Even this time round, the A4 held its own very well inspite of some semi-rural, muddy, sloshy terrain. Got a big thumbs-up for the absorbent ride quality from my parents, who were seated on the rear seat all along!

After returning, the daily routine has continued with reasonable mile munching happening on most days. About a week ago, crossed the 20,000 km milestone:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230730_072622_1691334821274.jpg

This, in a matter of some 15-odd months. Good riding, I would think. Definitely higher than any of my previous cars.

And on a Mumbai-Pune run over the last weekend, got some respectable fuel efficiency numbers:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230806_175908.jpg

Cheers.
JoshMachine is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 07:03   #175
Senior - BHPian

Re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

@JoshMachine, the way you have eloquently described your A4 experience, you should be a Posterboy for Audi's Sales/Marketing team. It is evident that you not only use your car, to the hilt, but also care for it in all possible ways. Such experiences tempt some of us to contemplate the big (mental) push into the luxury marque arena. I am just hoping that the wallet agrees with the mind some day !

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 25th September 2023 at 07:05.
fhdowntheline is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 21:03   #176
Senior - BHPian

Re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

#TheAudiLife Freedom Drive

Got the opportunity to participate in Audi Pune's "Freedom drive" held last month (sorry for the delayed updates on this one, folks!)

On a cloudy 15th of Aug morning, some of us Four Ringer existing owners in Pune alongwith some wannabe owners were invited to the Audi Pune showroom, for a promising day of good fun. The intention was to just head out and enjoy the drive!

From an initial expectation of 8-10 cars, the convoy eventually grew to about 17-18 cars quickly.

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_100358.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_100428.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_103129.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-dsc_3863.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_104244.jpg

I was offered to ride the mighty Q7, but I politely turned down and chose to drive my A4 instead.

The event was flagged off by kids accompanied by all the fanfare:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_104116.jpg

Saw a classy A3 cabriolet in action:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_104622.jpg

Attention to details:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_104302.jpg

The chosen destination for the drive was the resplendent retreat: "Ekaant", nestled amongst the low-lying hills of Lavasa. The drive was to be a leisurely 1.5 hr drive, with a healthy dose of fog, clouds and rain for company!

And raindrops, did we see a plenty:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_112054.jpg

...with sneak peek of my A4 in action on roads drenched with foggy conditions all around:-

We halted near Temghar dam for a quick pit-stop, and unsurprisingly, found the place to be overflowing with tourists.

Couple of shots of the terrain-stained Terra Grey A4:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_121433.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_121740.jpg

The retreat boasts of some nice, cozy accommodation options (limited rooms, though) along with a good restaurant, where we all had a sumptuous, tummy-full experience:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_133721.jpg

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_130204.jpg

The view from the restaurant down the hillside, was just mesmerizing:-

A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-20230815_135245.jpg

Kudos to the Audi Pune team for yet another wonderfully orchestrated event. Every time (my previous experience, captured here) I get to be a part of their celebrations, I come back thoroughly impressed by what I witness, and also with lots of feel-good vibe!
JoshMachine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:

#TheAudiLife Freedom Drive

Seems like a lot of fun. Nice pictures.

Any news of a refresh on any of the Audis with ADAS?

The Grey Q3 Sportback looks drool
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 19:00   #178
BHPian

Hello Everyone

Just took the plunge in A4 waters and got audified with premium variant. With the audi offers raining like never before, entered the uncharted territory on 28 Sep with a black A4.

Extremely happy with the small but an amazing ownership, hope to keep adding more meaningful post to the forum.

I purchased a dashcam and unable to find any way or mean to route wire via the roof liner. Can someone please help me with DIY.
Attached Thumbnails
A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up-img_9126.jpeg  

naveendagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 15:54   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Any news of a refresh on any of the Audis with ADAS?
Wishful thinking, my friend I am also keen to know if/when there is news about this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
Just took the plunge in A4 waters and got audified with premium variant. With the audi offers raining like never before, entered the uncharted territory on 28 Sep with a black A4.

Extremely happy with the small but an amazing ownership, hope to keep adding more meaningful post to the forum.
Hearty congrats
The A4 in black looks so good, oozing more class all around. A definite head-turner on the roads!

Wishing you lots of miles with lots of smiles.

Please share more pics and maybe a list of features if anything has changed in this Premium edition.

Quote:
I purchased a dashcam and unable to find any way or mean to route wire via the roof liner. Can someone please help me with DIY.
In my dual dashcam, I ran the rear cam wire along the left side of the roofliner, over the left B-pillar and then tucked it just above the rear stop light.
The detailed post, here.
JoshMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 16:23   #180
BHPian

Tyre-related query- Had a side puncture in the rear right tyre ( 3k km only) in my A4. Audi workshop couldn't find replacement tyre of the same brand (OEM). Now they are proposing to change all 4 tyres to Goodyear Assurance comfortred - I need to pay 6k and they will bear the rest of the charges. Catch is that they are only offering goodyear tyres as a goodwill gesture. 11 months old car- only 3k done.
I have no idea about Goodyear tyres and not able to find online details about the same. Would appreciate if anyone can share his experience of using Goodyear tyres in Audi/ any other luxury cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks