Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2024, 04:08   #196
BHPian

Re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

I've recently acquired a used audi a4 technology. While I do enjoy the refined motor and comfort, I do resent the boat like handling. Coming from a F10 530d, I had imagined a smaller sedan would be tighter around bends, but I find it to be quite the opposite. While silly speeds are easy, they are not very confidence inspiring. Has anyone been able to get the dynamics sorted?

I am thinking about some mods:
- 18" tyres with PS4 or similar tyres.
- Lowering the car?
- Anything else??

Also, my a4 is a 2021, so doesn't have the B&O sound system (which I hear isn't any good either, at least it wasn't when I listened to it in the audi showroom). The sound quality isn't worthy of being inside a 40L + car. Has anyone done any sound upgrades? Does it even have a subwoofer? There is practically no bass response.
Old 5th March 2024, 09:45   #197
Team-BHP Support

Re: A dream come true | My Audi A4 2.0 TFSi | Ownership Review | EDIT: 1 Year and 20,000 km up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
I've recently acquired a used audi a4 technology. While I do enjoy the refined motor and comfort, I do resent the boat like handling. Coming from a F10 530d, I had imagined a smaller sedan would be tighter around bends, but I find it to be quite the opposite. While silly speeds are easy, they are not very confidence inspiring. Has anyone been able to get the dynamics sorted?

- Lowering the car?
- Anything else??

Also, my a4 is a 2021, so doesn't have the B&O sound system (which I hear isn't any good either, at least it wasn't when I listened to it in the audi showroom). The sound quality isn't worthy of being inside a 40L + car. Has anyone done any sound upgrades? Does it even have a subwoofer? There is practically no bass response.
I think the confidence inspiring bit is more to do with the relatively less steering feel offered in Audis, as compared to what you had before.

I would suggest an upgrade to Bilstein B6 dampers which will improve the handling and damping in general, but will lead to slight bit more stiffness and body movement at low speeds.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 16:52   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I would suggest an upgrade to Bilstein B6 dampers which will improve the handling and damping in general, but will lead to slight bit more stiffness and body movement at low speeds.
I think I'm willing to sacrifice "some" comfort for a more planted ride. I also feel the ride height needs to go down a bit. Would the bilsteins lower the ride height too? Also, do you suggest moving to 18s?
Old 13th March 2024, 16:44   #199
BHPian

Quote:
- Lowering the car?
- Anything else??
I have PS4 tyres on my 2021 A4-technology and tyres alone made a noticeable difference. Moving to 18" will further improve handling.
The subwoofer is installed under the left side of the rear parcel trey. I have changed my subwoofer and included an amp to drive it. Since my car is still in warranty I have done a clip-on arrangement with speaker level, high input into the amp. The subwoofer change alone made a huge difference.
gungax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2024, 18:00   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
I have PS4 tyres on my 2021 A4-technology and tyres alone made a noticeable difference. Moving to 18" will further improve handling.
The subwoofer is installed under the left side of the rear parcel trey. I have changed my subwoofer and included an amp to drive it. Since my car is still in warranty I have done a clip-on arrangement with speaker level, high input into the amp. The subwoofer change alone made a huge difference.
Hey gungax, thats what i wanted to hear. Mine is under warranty till 2026 too, how strict are they with warranties? I have had PS4 twice on my civic and the problem with them is they degrade too quickly. You only enjoy the grip till 10k kms, the rest 15k kms of life is just very average. Are there any other tires which might be better? The car is running on Continentals right now and they're just average.

Also which subwoofer/amp combo did you go for? Can you please share some details?
Old 14th March 2024, 11:39   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is under warranty till 2026 too, how strict are they with warranties?
If they want they can be very strict with warranty. Your tyres can also void warranty. In the case of the subwoofer, I got all their conditions that will void warranty and installed accordingly. Then showed it at the service centre. At the moment they agree it doesn't void warranty but we will know only when I need to claim.

Quote:
You only enjoy the grip till 10k kms, the rest 15k kms of life is just very average. Are there any other tires which might be better?
I use Michelin on all my cars. The tyres wear down fast but found them to have better grip. The FWD nature of the care doesn't help with the handling. Tyres won't be able to fix that.

Quote:
Also which subwoofer/amp combo did you go for? Can you please share some details?
Will DM you with the details of the amp/ subwoofer installation.
Old 8th April 2024, 10:16   #202
Senior - BHPian

Belated congratulations Joshmachine! Excellent write up and a lovely ownership thread! Thanks for sharing!

Excellent choice! Wish you a very happy ownership experience!

I had a few queries, if you don’t mind answering:

1. Is the Turbo charger oil cooled or water cooled?

2. Is the TC assisted by a coolant pump which runs for a minute after the engine is turned off?

3. Dummy fog lamp housing is the only fly in the ointment as I see. Your take on that.

4. How much does the maintenance cost without the AMC? How is your service experience?

5. What is the maximum years of warranty that one can get? Standard + Extended.

5. Have you ever had any trouble with the ground clearance?

Vredestin ultrac vorti tyres are excellent. I am saying this from my experience. Excellent grip and braking ability with great life. You can try them out when you require to change.

Congratulations once again! 😊
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks