Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 23:36   #1
BHPian

Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com

In this post, I have tried to list out my experience of purchasing a used XUV500 W10 AT AWD. (This is my 1st long post, hence please ignore errors if any).

Prologue: - The itch to upgrade to a better car started a couple of years back, but I just kept putting that thought on the back seat, in fact I had no plans to upgrade even till Dec’21 and the economic slowdown bought in by COVID just reinforced my thought of pushing the car purchase plan by another 3 to 4 years. Added to that our running is not very high and hence, I was not able to convince myself to invest the big ones on a depreciating asset which wouldn’t be used much, thereby not justifying the money I would be spending on it, but still what made me upgrade? Read on to know about it.

Our garage consisted the following cars: -
  1. Hyundai Accent Executive– 2012 (Yes, ours was part of the one the last few batches that were manufactured)
  2. Maruti Celerio Vxi AMT – 2014 (Bought Pre-owned in 2018 with 11,300 KM on the odo)
The Hyundai Accent was our upgrade from a Maruti 800 (2000 model, which was again bought pre-owned). So, this was and still is our 1st ever brand-new car that we have owned and we are very happy with it. The Accent is mostly used by me after dad was not able to use it as his daily drive for his office commute owing to Bangalore’s traffic. That’s when the Celerio came in and took over all the city run-arounds. Accent was used by me in Celerio’s absence and continued to do all the Highway duties. So far, the car has been extremely reliable and frugal to maintain. We have covered around 65,000 KM in 9.5 years of ownership with no breakdowns or major issues what-so ever. Early 2021, I replaced all 5 tires as they were old and I did not want to take a risk, as we had a couple of out-station travel plans then.

Everything was as per plan until December’21, in this month we had back to back trips scheduled on every weekend and the car saw an un-usually high running of 5,000+ KM in that month alone. This is by-far the highest the car has run in a month ever since we purchased it. The car performed really well, munching everything that was thrown at it effortlessly (we drove through cyclones, beach side roads, hill-stations all in this month). I can vouch that the Accent can still give a run for the buck to the latest cars in the market in terms of keeping up with speed, acceleration and A/c effectiveness. However, a couple of instances during these 5,000 KMs run made me re-consider the requirement of upgrading to a safer and well-equipped car.

Instances that made me re-consider upgrading the car:-
  1. During one of our regular trips to Tirupati I was driving my Aunt’s Maruti Ergita ZXI+ (2020 model) and while we were on our way back home, at around 7:00 PM we were cruising comfortably at around 80 – 90 Kmph in the center lane of the highway and all of a sudden, a two-wheeler guy appears out of nowhere from the median and stopped bang on the center of my lane (looked like his vehicle had stopped). I immediately looked at my side-view mirrors and noticed that there was a vehicle behind me on the right most lane and no vehicle on the lane towards my left. Hence, I steered the car to the left. However, the left lane was filled with a layer of mud as the highway was still under construction, took the car on the mud and bought it back to the tarmac. In this instance, I could feel the ABS kicking in and preventing a brake lock which would have been disastrous while I was negotiating the turn and pulling the car back towards the clean tar-mac. This was an eye-opening moment for me because, till this point I was a firm believer that if you are maintaining decent speeds (<100 kmph), the car would always be in your control.
    Fortunately, in this incident no one was hurt as everyone was buckled up (yes, even the 3rd row passengers were buckled up, thanks to articles on Team BHP, I keep insisting my occupants to buckle up) and we continued with our return journey and reached home safely.
  2. In December’21 when my wife and I were on a trip to Goa on the Accent, we happened to witness a head-on collision that had happened in a blind turn between a Ford EcoSport and a Jeep Compass, it looked that the accident happened just few minutes before we reached that place and the Airbags from both the cars were deployed and all the occupants of both the cars escaped without major injuries.From the position of the cars I understood that the EcoSport was well within its lane and the Compass was in the wrong lane and given that it was a blind turn, I assume they would have missed noticing each other and when they did it would have been too late for either of them to avoid the crash.
    This incident made me realize the importance of Airbags, importance of structurally stronger cars and how we could become a victim irrespective of how safe and cautious we are on the road. Undoubtedly, the Airbags were the savior here and they gave all the occupants of both the cars a new leash of life.

After these two incidents I was already considering to upgrade as nothing takes precedence over safety.
  3. On the 1st week of Jan’22, when I was returning home from Ooty with my family, after crossing Mysore, we took the Tumkur route towards Bangalore and we again happened to witness one more accident scene where a Maruti Swift had got involved in an accident with a truck, looked like the truck applied sudden brakes and the tires of the Swift locked because of panic breaking and the car went sliding and hit the tuck. (I did not witness this, but noticed swift’s tire marks on the road).
This was it! By the time we reached home that day. I had made up my mind and had convinced my family that we need to upgrade to a safer car and should not delay this purchase any further.

Now that I had made up my mind to upgrade the car, these series of questions popped up.
  • Which segment to look at?
  • What should be the budget?
  • Brand new vehicle or Pre-Owned?
  • If Pre-Owned, what would I classify as a decent mileage on the odo?
  • Are corporates like Cars24, Spinny better than the used car dealers?
  • What are the must have features?
  • And many more...
I started to list down my bare minimum requirements that the car must & should have, over and above the basic features all of us we are now used too.
  1. Should be from a reliable brand with all initial launch niggles sorted out.
  2. Should be an SUV/MPV.
  3. ABS, ESP are mandatory.
  4. At least 6 Airbags since I am looking at an SUV/MPV.
  5. Automatic – CVT preferably for a peaceful ownership.
  6. In-built navigation system.
  7. Added advantage if all 4 wheels have disc brakes.
  8. Should be a 7-seater – might not use the 3rd row always, but it should be there in case of a requirement.
Good to have features-
  1. Auto headlamps
  2. Rain sensing wipers
  3. Auto A/c
  4. Rear windshield wiper & washer
  5. Key-less entry & Start stop button
  6. Sun-roof
  7. AWD – As it be helpful to do some mild off-roading and, in road-trips to places with bad to no roads
  8. Android auto & iOS car connect
  9. Connected car features (like the ones in KIA to switch on A/c a few minutes before we board the car)
  10. TPMS
As you can see the Good to have features are just wants and I was clear that absence of these would not be a deal breaker if the car ticked the other mandatory requirements.

Based on the listed needs and wants, my heart was more inclined towards the XUV700, as I was always a fan of the XUV500 and I was at the verge of booking an XUV700 AX7L AWD. However, when I gave this a thought with a sane mind I realized that it would be too much of a stretch on the budget and I was not willing to invest that huge money on a car at this point of time. Added to that my parking at home is 1 feet short to accommodate the XUV700. So, buying such an expensive car and parking it outside was a big no! Given that the XUV700 a new launch, the car would definitely have its initial set of niggles and I dint want to be a part of the initial testing batch. When I started to list real-life use-case of scenarios I understood that I would the features would not be of much use to me at this point and did not justify the need for such a feature loaded car.

By now I had worked my finances, decided the budget and concluded that I will be getting a Pre-owned car because of my budget and parking limitations. I had narrowed my options to XUV500 (under 40K odo and 2017 & above) or an Innova Crysta (under 60K odo and 2017 & above).
I was checking for many used car portals like Car-dekho, OLX, Car trade and many other portals. One such day, I read an article on Team BHP about players like Cars24, Spinny that they list cars in a good condition, but demand a premium price for their service. I decided to give it a try as the listings on OLX dint seem trustworthy, I had just installed the Spinny app on my phone and was browsing through and Voila!

I found an XUV 500 that ticked all my mandatory requirements and majority of the good to have features. So, I immediately scheduled a test drive, but the test-drive was available only a couple of days later and I called up the customer care and they repeated the details mentioned on the website and agreed to share the RC copy with me on WhatsApp to verify the service history at the nearby Mahindra service center.
The very next day I went to the Mahindra service center and found the service history to be clean and it matched the description on the Spinny’s website and visiting the authorized service center revealed one more pleasant surprise that was not mentioned on Spinny’s website the car has its extended warranty active till Sept’22!

I came back home and I was telling my family that everything seems to be green. I noticed dad was a little hesitant since the car was Black in color, a little convincing and he agreed!

The car arrived at our doorstep the following day, since there was some road construction work that was happening on the way, the car that departed clean and tidy from the yard, was already a little dirty on the exterior when it arrived. Quickly hopped in to the driver seat, took a small test drive within the colony and then wife took over the wheel when we went for a spin with our family and everyone liked the car and gave a go-ahead.

However, I was very clear that we will have to take the car to the Mahindra service center and wanted them to inspect the car to eliminate some last-minute & unpleasant surprises. Once we reached the service center, the car was physically inspected, put on the ramp checked for any leaks, under-body damages/ corrosion etc., then the service executive accompanied us and did a longish test drive (combination of empty stretches, bad roads and bumper to bumper traffic) to check for any suspension noise, engine noise, pick-up, transmission behavior etc,. everything came out to be clean and the service center guys gave us a go-ahead to purchase the car, but did mention to negotiate on the price a bit. They also highlighted that the regular service is due on the car and recommended me to get it done if I purchase the car to keep extended warranty in-tact.

Went back home, paid the advance and agreed to make the payments in the next 2-3 hours, and told the Spinny executive that we need the car delivered on the same day as the following day was a Saturday (the weekend curfew was in place at that time) added to that the following day was my mother’s birthday so getting the car before that would make the occasion special and memorable.

Everything fell in place and the car was delivered to us at our doorstep by 9PM, the car was extremely low on fuel, immediately drove to the nearest fuel station and topped up fuel, the car gulped down 74 ltrs of diesel while the company listed fuel tank capacity is 70 ltrs.

The next couple of days were spent fiddling with the car, took it for the mandatory pooja to a temple within the colony, dad & wife driving it with the colony to get familiar with the car.

Will let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-car-pic_1.jpegBought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-car_pic_2.jpegBought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-car_pic_3.jpeg
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-car-pic-4.jpeg

Below is a picture from the 1st and small drive we went in the following week.
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-1st-drive.jpeg

The following week, I left the car for its scheduled service at Mahindra and then took it straight to a detailing studio in Koramangala, Bangalore named “The Detailing Mafia” for ceramic coating and under-body rust protection paint.

The owner Mr. Mahaveer is a gem of a person and the car was shinning as good as new post the treatment.
Would definitely recommend this place and Mr. Mahaveer is reachable on +91 7760801253 (sharing his number here after taking his consent)

Before detailing
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-detailing_before.jpeg

Work in progress
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-detailing_wip.jpeg

After detailing and Ceramic coating
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-detailing_after_1.jpeg
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-detailing_after_2.jpeg
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-detailing_after_3.jpeg

I’ve driven the car for around 2,500 Kms and here are the things I like and don’t like about the car.

What I like
  • The car had run a little over 14,000 KM at the time of delivery (absolutely un-used spare tire) and the service history had a record that the previous service was done at 11,000 KM an year back.
  • Very well maintained, can still sense the new car smell when we get into the car.
  • The Engine – The MHAWK is a time-tested engine. Have driven vehicles that have crossed the 2 lakh mark with just regular maintenance and are still a gem to drive.
  • Safety – The entire reason for upgrading. The car is equipped with 6 Airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP, Hill hold, Hill descent and 4-disc brakes.
  • Road presence – The car is a looker from every angle, the front left or right are the best-looking angles from my perspective.
  • AWD – The All-Wheel Drive model is not very common on the roads and I am glad I could find one in the used car market
  • Cornering lights – Had actually under-estimated the use of these, but now I am so addicted that I miss this feature in the other cars at home.
  • Cruise control – Though this not a new feature, I am extensively using this feature only from the time I got the XUV500 and it’s a very useful. With cruise on 100 Kmph, the MID displays mileage of 15+ kmpl. I am impressed!
What I don’t like
  • Absolutely no boot space with all 3 rows on.
  • Ride is bumpy (body-roll) when compared to sedans and I think it will take some-more time to get used to this, I have driven around 2,500KMs and have got used to it, but my wife still finds the car to be bumpy.
  • Comping from a history of petrol vehicles, took some time to get used to the diesel clatter noise in the cabin.
  • The engine feels sluggish initially (at 1st and 2nd gears), once the car moves to 3rd gear and above it picks up speed rapidly.
  • 2nd row A/c is not very effective, I would have preferred the 2nd row passengers get independent A/c controls instead of the 3rd row. I switch on the 3rd row A/c as well if its too hot and point the vents forward to help in re-circulation.
  • No Isofix child seat mounts.
A few pictures clicked when we had been on a weekend trip to Kabini.

Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-kabini_trip_1.jpeg
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-kabini_trip_2.jpeg
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-kabini_trip_3.jpeg
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-kabini_trip_4.jpeg

If you have read my post so far, a big Thank you!

Will try my best to keep this thread updated.

Thanks,
Nishith

Last edited by Aditya : 10th May 2022 at 17:11. Reason: Minor typo corrected.
Nishith is offline   (102) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 12:02   #2
BHPian

re: Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com

Many congratulations Nishith. Lovely looking car and a real low mileage one you have got hands on. Wish you loads of happiness and miles with the new beast.

I am in a similar situation like yours. I have recently relocated to BLR and am looking for similar options, the new ones are way above my budget and a finding a good pre owned vehicle is on the top of my priorities now. Yes I will be missing some of the new features including the fancy digital clusters, but that is a trade off I am willing to do.

If you are ok, can you share the pricing details and manufacturing year for the vehicle. I believe Spinny provides some added warranty for new vehicles, can you share some information about that too

Cheers

Last edited by diwakarmuthu : 9th May 2022 at 12:03. Reason: Spelling mistake
diwakarmuthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 21:51   #3
BHPian

Re: Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Many congratulations Nishith. Lovely looking car and a real low mileage one you have got hands on. Wish you loads of happiness and miles with the new beast.

I am in a similar situation like yours. I have recently relocated to BLR and am looking for similar options, the new ones are way above my budget and a finding a good pre owned vehicle is on the top of my priorities now. Yes I will be missing some of the new features including the fancy digital clusters, but that is a trade off I am willing to do.

If you are ok, can you share the pricing details and manufacturing year for the vehicle. I believe Spinny provides some added warranty for new vehicles, can you share some information about that too

Cheers

Hi Diwakar,

Thank you

I paid a little less than 14.5 Lakhs and the car is a 2017 September model. I know this would trigger many bullets at me stating I have over-paid, but I was okay with it as I was doubtful of finding one such well-maintained car with such low ODO reading.
Had I approached the traditional used-car dealers, I still would have to pay them the commission and get no warranty on the car and be very cautions of not falling prey to their tricks and getting duped.

Yes, you are right. Spinny also provides additional warranty. Engine and Transmission warranty is valid for 365 days from the date of purchase or up to 15,000 Kms whichever is earlier.

Do let me know if you have more questions, happy to help.

Hope you will find a well maintained vehicle as your new ride soon

Thanks,
Nishith
Nishith is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 08:50   #4
BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase & from what I heard, Spinny has been doing good business.
RaviKBobba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 11:40   #5

Hi Nishith,

Nice to see that you got the car you wanted. I hope you have great time with the possession . I can echo your observations as I have recently purchased the similar car, 2016 XUV500 W10 AT AWD, with 60k on the Odometer. Still, I am in exploration phase.

Did you see a rusting on the door?
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-1.jpg  

Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-2.jpg  

Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-3.jpg  

Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-4.jpg  

Bought a pre-owned Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT AWD from Spinny.com-xuv5001.jpg  

Nature&Me is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 12:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviKBobba View Post
Congratulations on the purchase & from what I heard, Spinny has been doing good business.
Yep, they seem to be doing good business. We tried our best to negotiate on the quoted price, stating we'll make the payment within the next few hours and take delivery of the car the same day but, they never budged. Speaking to the manager of my SA dint help either. In fact, they stated "Fixed Pricing" is one of their USPs and they cannot deviate from that. (But have read on forums and heard from the SA that Spinny never allows room for price negotiation. However, the price of the vehicle will be reduced by certain percentage, if the vehicle is unsold for a stipulated period of time)

In my case, I was not willing to risk it as this car already had its test-drives scheduled on the following working day. (I realized this when I tried to book a test drive for the same car from a different account to a different location).

I knew someone out there would grab this if I don't. Since I didn't find any red flags, I saw no point in delaying the decision and closed the deal immediately. (Spinny's 3 day money back guarantee policy was also reassuring in taking this plunge. I also planned to take the car on a long drive within this 3 day time frame to check if everything is working as expected and the car performed flawlessly).

Will I recommend Spinny to anyone? - Of course, yes!.

But please be ready to do your home-work, spend some bucks by taking the car to an authorized service center and get it inspected by a non-biased professional. I also checked with the insurance company and the information they shared matched with what was mentioned on Spinny and Mahindra's service logs.

I knew that the front bumper of my car was replaced at some point of time, this was mentioned on Spinny's website, matched with Mahindra's service record and insurance history.

Would like to highlight one more positive customer experience with Spinny:-

Post taking delivery of the car, while going through the documents the next day, I noticed that the model name was mentioned as FWD instead of AWD in the RC and I had posted this as a query on here (Online used car aggregators and their illusion of transparency) as well.

I informed this to my SA, was assured this will be look into. Simultaneously spoke to one of my contact at the local RTO, they mentioned this can be updated if the correct model number is mentioned in the Invoice file that is submitted during registration. He did charge me some money to locate the file, check and let me know whats mentioned in the Invoice and fortunately, the correct model was mentioned.

I co-ordinated with my SA the following day and he assured me that he has already highlighted about this discrepancy to his team and they are in talks with the dealer from whom this car was purchased to obtain a duplicate copy of the Invoice and submit it to the RTO, get the model corrected and then submit the RC for the Ownership transfer.

When I was in this confusion, I even visited Mahindra showroom where the car was initially purchased and was told by the showroom executives and multiple other people I spoke too that only the Chassis number & Engine number are important and the model number errors are very common and can be ignored as these are mistakes from the data entry guys.
However, I am glad that this is now fixed and I don't have to worry about this anymore.

This entire process did take longer than expected, but, I am happy that Spinny was able to sort this out for me.

While I am calling out the positives of Spinny, I feel I need to call out an area that needs attention.

Fast-tag:- While many of you might have already guessed the issue by now, let me elaborate it for the others.

As part of Spinny's policy they remove the Fast-tag fixed on the car by the previous owner, while this is a required step to ensure there is no mis-use. I was caught in a fix, where I wanted to get a Paytm fast-tag and it seemed like the previous owner was also using the Paytm fast-tag and neither did Spinny nor the previous owner submit request to deactivate it and because of this miss, I was not able to submit my order for a new Fast-tag and I ended up paying twice the toll charges on the entire trip I had planned for testing the vehicle's performance the next couple of days.

I highlighted this to the Spinny customer care, Paytm customer care and to the previous owner. In a couple of days the old fast-tag was deactivated and I was able to place an order for a new fast-tag.
Though, I am not sure who resolved this, it was sorted out in a couple of working days.

Hence, would urge all prospective used car buyers to add this check as part of your check-list while taking delivery of the car.

Thanks,
Nishith
Nishith is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 13:16   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature&Me View Post
Hi Nishith,

Nice to see that you got the car you wanted. I hope you have great time with the possession . I can echo your observations as I have recently purchased the similar car, 2016 XUV500 W10 AT AWD, with 60k on the Odometer. Still, I am in exploration phase.

Did you see a rusting on the door?
Hi Nature&Me,

First of all, congratulations on acquiring the car, wish you happy, safe and trouble free ownership ahead.

Nope, I don't see any rusting on the door. I am fortunate that the previous owner stays in a posh apartment complex, I am sure they would have had a covered car parking and I believe this would have helped in prevention of rusting to a great extent (I found this from the address mentioned in the previous RC). In fact rusting was one of the 1st checks I did as part of my physical inspection when the car arrived. As I was aware that XUVs are prone to rusting, I thought this rusting issues would crop-up if the car spend most of its time in a coastal region. Surprised that you are facing rusting issues on a car being used in Bangalore.

Can you also help by sharing which part of the door are you facing rusting issues?

However, as a preventive measure, I have already got the anti rust protection paint done on the under-body and silencers. Since I don't have a covered car parking, I am using this 100% waterproof car cover and can vouch that this is definitely waterproof and has been protecting the car from the recent summer rains in Bangalore.

Would be happy to meet you and your XUV500 in person if you are in Bangalore, I stay in north Bangalore.

Do let me know if you have more questions, happy to answer.

Thanks,
Nishith
Nishith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 14:14   #8
BHPian

Congratulations on the car. However I have a question.
Between Spinny and Cars24, who is better? I have checked car prices on both the platforms, and Spinny does seem to be on the higher side. I guess Cars24 also provides engine warranty.
Old 10th May 2022, 15:40   #9

Quote:
However, as a preventive measure, I have already got the anti rust protection paint done on the under-body and silencers.
That's good decision.
Quote:
Would be happy to meet you and your XUV500 in person if you are in Bangalore, I stay in north Bangalore.
Sure. Since I can not directly message you, request you to drop message me or mail to
d&rsh&ndev&nik&r@gm&il.com(&=a)
Old 10th May 2022, 16:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishith View Post

I believe this would have helped in prevention of rusting to a great extent (I found this from the address mentioned in the previous RC). In fact rusting was one of the 1st checks I did as part of my physical inspection when the car arrived. As I was aware that XUVs are prone to rusting, I thought this rusting issues would crop-up if the car spend most of its time in a coastal region. Surprised that you are facing rusting issues on a car being used in Bangalore.
The rusting issues in the XUV are not due to exposure to environment. Hence covered or uncovered parking doesn't make much of a difference. Its due to issues with water draining out from door cavities. so make sure you get the cavities treated for anti rust. Some ASS centres do this. This is resolved to a large extent in the 3 generation cars. I see that this is a second generation car, so please get that done. The rusting is never in the underbody of the XUV 500.

PM me if you need specifics of where to get it done in Bangalore
shrk_18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 16:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead666 View Post
Congratulations on the car. However I have a question.
Between Spinny and Cars24, who is better? I have checked car prices on both the platforms, and Spinny does seem to be on the higher side. I guess Cars24 also provides engine warranty.
Hi autohead666,

To be honest, I was not specific about which platform I should purchase from because, I had my check-list clear ready and irrespective of the platform my ground work remained the same. So I just happened to find this on Spinny and went ahead with it.

I don't have a very strong point of view if pricing with Spinny is on the higher side, because Cars24 also was quoting above the market value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature&Me View Post
That's good decision.

Sure. Since I can not directly message you, request you to drop message me or mail to
d&rsh&ndev&nik&r@gm&il.com(&=a)

Sure, will drop an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
The rusting issues in the XUV are not due to exposure to environment. Hence covered or uncovered parking doesn't make much of a difference. Its due to issues with water draining out from door cavities. so make sure you get the cavities treated for anti rust. Some ASS centres do this. This is resolved to a large extent in the 3 generation cars. I see that this is a second generation car, so please get that done. The rusting is never in the underbody of the XUV 500.

Hi shrk_18,

Yes, Will PM you to get the specifics as I am don't have contacts of ASS centers who do this
Nishith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 21:56   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I read your OP in full and was convinced that you had to upgrade to a more contemporary and safer ride. The choice you zeroed upon apparently was well researched. This is because in this category there are lots and lots of "chauffeur" driven ones and quite many of such SUV's are ruthlessly driven. Pre-owned car buying needs eyes fully trained to sight deficiencies, but choose the one with the least of these.

As regards either Spinny or Cars24 or Cars48 or whatever it is, they all get decently used and abused used cars for resale. Irrespective of the seller (unless it is tainted) one needs to check out the most decent cars of a make and model of his/her choice listed.

The M-Hawk is a rugged workhorse and maintained well, it lugs on and on. Since it is a CRDe, sudden high acceleration and immediate stopping of the engine must be avoided. After high acceleration some minutes needs to be given for idling, after which the ignition can be switched off. Spares and repairs are affordable.

And on today's treacherous roads, when we feel that almost every other vehicle is moving menacingly and offensively rather than in an accommodating and defensive mode, a SUV fortifies its occupants much better. That's the prime reason for SUV's selling so well these days.

Also one study find had concluded about a decade ago that a SUV is safer than a sedan or hatch because if a SUV hits a sedan or hatch, the hit is at the window level that can cause head injuries to the occupants. Whereas if a SUV is hit by a sedan or hatch, the hit is at the lower part of the SUV's doors, wherein the limbs of its occupants could be injured. Head injuries are deadlier!

After driving sedans and hatches for many years followed by a changeover to SUV, one has to get accustomed to the SUV's high ground clearance and body roll. It takes a little time. Thereafter, the SUV's commanding presence on the road is relished by its driver.

Wish you happy driving with ownership full of good memories.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 10th May 2022 at 22:00.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 22:52   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

I read your OP in full and was convinced that you had to upgrade to a more contemporary and safer ride. The choice you zeroed upon apparently was well researched. This is because in this category there are lots and lots of "chauffeur" driven ones and quite many of such SUV's are ruthlessly driven. Pre-owned car buying needs eyes fully trained to sight deficiencies, but choose the one with the least of these.
Thank you. Yes, many cars were rejected in the initial phase itself because it was that evident on the photographs itself that these SUVs were abused.

Quote:

The M-Hawk is a rugged workhorse and maintained well, it lugs on and on. Since it is a CRDe, sudden high acceleration and immediate stopping of the engine must be avoided. After high acceleration some minutes needs to be given for idling, after which the ignition can be switched off. Spares and repairs are affordable.
Yes, I am already following this practice of letting the engine idle for at least 1 or 2 minutes before switching it off and during every cold start, I ensure to let the engine warm up, circulate the fluids and settle down at its optimum RPM before moving the vehicle forward.

Quote:

Also one study find had concluded about a decade ago that a SUV is safer than a sedan or hatch because if a SUV hits a sedan or hatch, the hit is at the window level that can cause head injuries to the occupants. Whereas if a SUV is hit by a sedan or hatch, the hit is at the lower part of the SUV's doors, wherein the limbs of its occupants could be injured. Head injuries are deadlier!
Thanks for sharing this information. I am coming across this perspective for the first time and I am completely convinced on every point you have mentioned here.

Quote:

After driving sedans and hatches for many years followed by a changeover to SUV, one has to get accustomed to the SUV's high ground clearance and body roll. It takes a little time. Thereafter, the SUV's commanding presence on the road is relished by its driver.
Yes, having driven sedans and hatchbacks for over a lakh KMs, I am sure getting used to the dynamics and traits of an SUV would take some time to get accustomed too.
The high ground clearance and commanding view from the driver seat has already taken over me so much, that I feel I am almost sitting on the floor when I step into my Accent.
Nishith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 23:50   #14
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition @Nishith. Wishing you loads of fun filles miles and amazing memories with the Cheetah. Happy Motoring.
Old 11th May 2022, 07:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
The rusting issues in the XUV are not due to exposure to the environment.
Perfect explanation, being an owner of this beast myself, the rusting is more prominent around the boot door area. AFA dealing with Spinny, they offer the best price for non-Maruti cars either while buying or selling the car. XUV 500 is a very reliable SUV except for the low fuel efficiency. My vehicle has been taken care of by HD Motors Tumkur without any hassles.

Last edited by deehunk : 11th May 2022 at 07:39.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks