Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2022, 13:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Sorry for the rant and hope that you have a great ownership experience.

Drive on,
Shibu
Thanks! I have passed that rant phase now and accepted the characteristifinish of vehicle. It's driving pleasure has helped a lot in mellowing down the occasional impulses of sore feelings caused by these characteristics..
Old 10th November 2022, 22:03   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negi15 View Post
Thanks! I have passed that rant phase now and accepted the characteristifinish of vehicle. It's driving pleasure has helped a lot in mellowing down the occasional impulses of sore feelings caused by these characteristics..
It grows on you. My Storme has done 120 K now, including Delhi-Surat, Delhi-Kolkata and Delhi Varanasi. It is such a comfortable car for long drives..
chinkara is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 22:59   #33
BHPian

Quote:
An update on characteristics of wanderer. Issue raised to TML related to fit and finish during PDI and delivery have been bought to life again. My service manager who resolved seat fabric trim issue called me up and asked about rubber beading issue on doors and windows as TML has asked for same. I was asked to drop vehicle for TML team inspection. Dropped in morning and went to pickup by evening. They have fixed top corner gap in rear spoiler. Sharp shiny edges protruding out from soft rubber on windows was also tried and fixed to some extent. However, it is still far from seamless finish. I was told that TML team will arrange for material and will try to resolve it again. Used this opportunity of workshop visit to get the DEF top-up.

Got a call for dealer after a day to check about the issue and got an apology e-mail from them regretting inconvenience caused and was assured the issue will be resolved by TML as per their policy soon. So, issue is still pending till next trial to fix it.

Overall, I did not believe that this will be followed up after initial few interactions but dealer and TML are proactively following-up the issues I mentioned in delivery note. I did get a good feeling that at least they are proactive and serious to resolve the rubber beading issue, even though it has not completely been addressed. Such proactive follow-ups will go a long way in creating positive impact on customer and creating better ASS perception.

An update on mileage:
Recently did trips to Kashid Beach, Pavana Dam, Bhuleshwar and Malhargarh fort and now its 6300km on ODO in 4 months of ownership. No issues so far. Random restart of infotainment is now expected as normal. I have older version v18. Will check if this issue is fixed with latest version during second service.

One feature which is sorely missed is front parking camera and sensors with distance display. I recently scrubbed front bumper underbody against a small concrete platform just in front of vehicle while taking it out from parallel parking on roadside. It was around 1 feet tall concrete platform which was not visible from driver seat. While I did take a note of it while parking. I did not judge its distance from front bumper while taking out the vehicle. Result was wanderer was bought to halt after initial scrubbing again top of platform. However, tt is not visible, thanks to ground clearance at the front. I am now seriously on lookout for a good parking camera and sensors after this incident. Please do suggest some good options in Pune, as showroom ones are of no use.

This is first incident with wanderer. However, build and strength of front bumper looks of high quality, as nothing was broken in bumper underbody apart from scratches during above impact but corner top of concrete platform was taken off by this impact. Definitely gives more confidence about build quality of vehicle.

Second service is coming up fast. Will share more details about it soon.

Till then
Keep revving..
Negi
negi15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 16:46   #34
BHPian

I got Parking Sensor of Tata installed they work fine and activate on Break press.

Front camera solution is present which integrates with Headunit though costing varies from person to person
iskandariya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 09:44   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
I got Parking Sensor of Tata installed they work fine and activate on Break press.

Front camera solution is present which integrates with Headunit though costing varies from person to person
Tata SA told that camera is not available from tata. Will check with other SC. Thanks
negi15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 10:25   #36
BHPian

Update at 7000Km in 4.5 months of ownership:

Got my second free service done recently at sai baba Kalewadi. Service Manager Mr Hariom was welcoming as usual. Was given initial estimate of 2500/- including wheel alignment and balancing. Since I didn't feel any left/right pull issues. Asked them not to go ahead with them. Final service cost 1074/- including top-ups, sun-roof greasing. Instructed them not to wash the vehicle. Therefore, vehicle was ready and picked up post after noon.
Took beast to my favourite car detailing place and got it washed and polished.

Infotainment software was updated to 18.17 from 18. Enquired about official front parking camera and sensors and got negative response. Don't want to go for after market so soon. So, far good experience with Tata ASS. Upcoming long trips are lined-up in December. Will post updates about the beast experience after completing the trips.

Till then,
Keep revving.
negi15 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 21:34   #37
BHPian

Update at 5 months and 9000Km on ODO:
Post second service, took the beast on religious circuit with my parents to cover all three jyotirlingas. So, this was first time it was used as 5+1+Luggage on one of last row seats folded down. Comfortable ride for parents too, drive was excellent. No issues during the trips.

Few observations:
1) Infotainment v18.17 has gone bad from v18. Now I cannot open amazon music menu via android auto and scroll on infotainment screen. With v18, it was smooth. I am also observing lagginess sometimes. On first day of new year, wireless android auto and bluetooth stopped working. Did factory reset, removed all pairings and could not get them working again.
2) On 2nd day of new year, MIL lamp turned amber after starting engine. it showed-up as first thing in morning. Based on info from safari groups, switched off the engine few times and started back. MIL amber lamp turned off. Checked with SM and he mentioned that it happened sometimes when there may be some shoot residue still left. In case, amber MIL lamp stays ON continuously, I was asked to bring-it to service centre. A day has passed and it did not show up again after 250Km trip. Just to cross check whether IRA diagnosis works well in sync with warnings shown on MID's, I check IRA and it reported warning in power rails, which went away one MIL lamp turned off.
3) I am still adjusting to power and torque it generates in sports mode. I feel at home with beast in Auto drive mode even on highways.
4) Also did samrudhi e-way from Shirdi to Aurangabad with full load and cruise control. It touched max speed of 99kmph. Beast was planted till that speed and gave good confidence. What I like mainly about it is the feedback it provides about they type of surface its going through allowing me to intervene if its out of my comfort zone.
5) Till now no left or right pull issues. Please note, wheel balance and alignment has not been done till now even though suggested during second service.
6) I have been using Tata inflator kit to top-up the tyres pressure in cold state regular by myself. My trips to local tyre filling shop has stopped for some time now.

Overall, enjoyable ownership till now and ASS has been good too. Now I don't go berserk when issues like above shows up. Check the groups and most probable you will get solution. Else SM has been positively responding till now.

An observation about after market dash cam installed from poona motors camp, it stopped recording videos since 28 sept 2022. I found it while trying to check if latest videos are captured. Worst thing is that looks like 32GB sdhc card I installed has gone bunk. Till date, I have not been able to format it, even though I could see that videos on it. I have replaced the SD card with original 16gb SDHC card which came with it and it is working fine now. Based on costing of RoaV C1 by Anker, I was not expecting this. What's point of installing costly dash cam, if it can just stop recording without providing any warnings either on app or dash cam screen.

Overall, with time I am getting less worried about these random issues popping up as they seem to be minor ones and SM is already aware of issues till now. Hope it remains that way. I am now around 70% confident in trusting the beast to take long journeys(1000 odd km in 3 days). Will slowly test its patience and limits by slowly increasing the burden on it. Hope, it likes it that way before I overwhelm it with any stress testing.

Will share more updates once I find any more issues with it.
Till then
Keep Revving..
Negi
negi15 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 08:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great thread, covering lot of details. Quick question - Did you do any research on car insurance - which company to buy from? I am looking for:

1) Ease and speed of cashless claim with good settlement ratio (the obvious one)
2) Zero Dep cover eligibility for long time (more than 5 years) - I generally keep my vehicles for long duration
3) No Geography boundaries - Should cover all of India at the minimum

Any other things to take care while getting insurance ?

Cost is not much of an issue as I need a comprehensive cover with all add-ons.

My dealer is recommending Edelweiss, but not sure on that. Talked to various owners, people are suggesting Tata AIG, Bajaj Allianz, Acko, HDFC Ergo, ICICI Lombard (basically all have it different). My current one is Royal Sundaram which provides long term zero dep (working for last 9+ years)

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 2nd April 2023 at 09:01.
Old 30th April 2023, 10:19   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Great thread, covering lot of details. Quick question - Did you do any research on car insurance - which company to buy from? I am looking for:

1) Ease and speed of cashless claim with good settlement ratio (the obvious one)
2) Zero Dep cover eligibility for long time (more than 5 years) - I generally keep my vehicles for long duration
3) No Geography boundaries - Should cover all of India at the minimum

Any other things to take care while getting insurance ?
I may not be of much help here. I never had to claim insurance in 19 years of Pulsar 150 and 12 years of Accent ownership. I have been with icicilombard for both of them since past decade getting 50% NCB on renewal premiums every year. With the beast, I am due for own damage renewal in July 2023. I am be sticking with Tata AIA here too(got competitive rates from dealer at purchase) until I find strong reason to switch.
Old 30th April 2023, 11:04   #40
BHPian

Update at 13.5Km and 9 months of ownership:
I had been busy for a while at office and personal front. So, here are updates since my last post:

1) Mileage(if it matters): My daily office commute is now 60km a day(3-4 days a week). However, commute time remains same or even less sometimes as I am able to maintain higher average speed during the commute. This has resulted in two things:
-- Enhanced driving pleasure as I do not have to face frequent slow traffic on new route.
-- Mileage has increased by around 2.5-3kmpl.

Note: Best mileage I could achieve as per MID was 19kmpl on my recent Goa trip, where 90kmph was maintained consistently. This is improvement on my earlier best of 17.5kmpl where I used to keep beast around 80kmph.

2) Issues:
-- No new issues since my last post except for the slight rubber beading pop out that happened recently on passenger door. Have used 3m double sided tape to hold it for now. Brought this up with my SC manager and he assured to fix it in upcoming 3rd service.
-- DEF: DEF symbol turned amber recently with its level shown at 25% in MID screen. It also gives single beep and DEF refuel message on MID as every engine start. Went to Tata SC at Narhe which is on my daily office commute route. Two 5 litre DEF were consumed and DEF level now shows almost full. Total cost ~1250/-

3) Driveability & Ride Quality: Beast continues to increase my confidence and trust with every passing long drive. Family is loving it. Did two trips to Goa and Aurangabad along with frequent short trips to places nearby Pune. No issues so far. I haven't face the left pull till now as reported by many owners. So, will also ensure that they don't touch alignment in 3rd service.

4) Infotainment- With recent cool walk android update on my phone, infotainment is more stable and new UI with split screens for navigation, other apps gives much better user experience. Infotainment restarts with android auto session are also very rare now. One thing I noted is that restarts with android auto session normally occurs when screen is in sunlight for longer duration. May be to protect overheating the restarts is triggered by system. I now normally use micro-fibre cloth to cover the screen from direct sunlight and restarts are very rare now.

5) Cleaning: Well, this has never been an issue with my Hyundai silver accent. A jopasu duster and waterless rinse(with waterless wax once in month) has kept it shining till date. I expected that black would take little more effort to maintain, but it has beaten my expectations. Monthly trip to detailing centre for wax coating looks the only way to keep it shining and keep cleaning marks minimal.

I have observed that PPF parts on beast are better maintained than non-PPF parts. So thought about going for full body PPF recently. PPF on bonnet has already sacrificed itself at one place to protect bonnet from a stone chip thrown over by truck going ahead on highway. Going by its loud sound impact, I was expecting worst. However damage was limited to PPF sheet. Even with this experience, the full body PPF pricing is not convincing the brain. So, still in dilemma over same. Will share my experience, if decide to go for full PPF. Meanwhile battle is still on between heart and brain.

Third service is due now. Will share the updates about the same once done.

Till Then,
Keep Revving!!
negi15 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 18:44   #41
BHPian

Nice, closely following yours as Zagros brother is few months behind. When you go for 3rd Service can you try checking on following items

1) Winged Headrest - Part no. for Dark (black ) edition
2) Whether we can software update the new ICE Software onto the present HU. It should be possible need a daring SC chap to perform it.
Old 7th May 2023, 14:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Nice, closely following yours as Zagros brother is few months behind. When you go for 3rd Service can you try checking on following items

1) Winged Headrest - Part no. for Dark (black ) edition
2) Whether we can software update the new ICE Software onto the present HU. It should be possible need a daring SC chap to perform it.
Sure. will check and post.
negi15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 19:22   #43
BHPian

10 Months-15000Km and 3rd Service update:

Took the wanderer on 4 days trip to Dapoli and as soon as we came back, it was due for third service which is at 15000Km. Here are the updates.

Took appointment and dropped vehicle at service centre around 9am. Below jobs were to be taken as explained by SA.
  1. Wheel Balancing and Alignment.
  2. Engine Oil Change
  3. Oil and AC filter Change.
  4. DEF Top-up
  5. Disc-brakes cleaning
  6. Electrical Checks
  7. Infortainment SW update from 18.17. to 18.5
  8. Sun-roof lubrication
  9. Tyre Rotation(Front Two)

Additionally I reported below issue for resolution
  1. Rear Right door rubber beading fix. This has popped out couple of months back and was to be fixed during third service.
  2. Wiper settings check, as they were making screeching sound and rainy season is on the horizon
  3. Ensure the engine oil light reset which comes up after third service in order to prevent another visit to SC for same.

Checker for below accessories to which straight answer was no. Also they didn't have accessories shop as service centre.
  1. Front camera availability

Picked up vehicle in evening. Total service cost was 14.5K. Costing compressed of
  1. Consumables
  2. Wheel alignment and balancing
  3. All wipers replaced
  4. 2L DEF top-up

Observations post 3rd service:
  1. Straight line drivability was better post service. Not that I had any issues with vehicle pull to either side before service
  2. No noticeable difference in engine noise and gear shifting.

Issues: A tata vehicle service cannot be complete without this
  1. As expected, rubber beading issue could not be fixed as they did not have material. SA mentioned they have noted it and will call once material is available. I am sure that I will have to push to get it fixed. It's any eyesore for a vehicle which sells on such premium cost.
  2. And the second one is of-course infotainment. I asked for updates in 18.5 and SA could only tell that it is related to bugfix where wiper sensors activation resulted in closing of sun-shade(I have already captured in in my earlier posts). I was not expecting TaMo to fix this. I have not yet tested the fix, but could identify another bug introduced in 18.5 as soon as I was back home. Now, the sun-shade doesn't close when you lock the vehicle. This was not the case earlier. So, anyone updating to 18.5 should be ready to manually close the sunshade before locking the vehicle. Reported to SA and he said he will report to their department.
  3. I was told that oil engine warning lamp can only be reset once it comes up, which may happen after 15000 Km or at one year(which is two months from now).

Overall no issues in 10 months of ownership, except for the fit and finish issues in such expensive vehicle. Another letdown on TaMo part is non availability of features like 360 degree camera or good front sensors/camera for older models as genuine accessories. I don't like current ones being offered. Even SC are also not interested in fitting them. I don't believe in getting them done after-market. But good front camera or sensors are a must for a vehicle where good 3 meter road visibility is missing ahead of its bonnet. I hope TaMo is listening.

Wanderer has been amazing on long drives and my confidence to take it for longer drives have gone up multi-fold now. Hopefully the experience continues. Will keep on posting more updates as the journey continues..

Keep revving..
Negi
negi15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 12:33   #44
BHPian

Follow-up visit after 3rd servicing:
Another visit made on quick 500Km after third servicing:
1) Oil Change reminder switched ON(blinking) at 15.5Km. I already asked SA to reset it during third service. However, he mentioned that they cannot reset it until it comes ON. So, the warning was reset.
2) Rubber beading which has popped out on rear right door was fixed as required material was received by SC.
3) I observed that tyre pressure reading on MID were swapped between front two tyres, while filling air in my parking next morning of service day. SA mentioned that TPMS re-calibration occurs on its own during vehicle run. However, this did not fix on its own. So TPMS was manually re-calibrated at SC, which took good 1 hour.
4) Sun-roof bug demo on v18.5 software was given to SA for fix in future SW updates.

New issue Found:
One of tyre is showing 31psi on MID and it's been reported as warning randomly. No puncture is found. Hand air-gauge meter shows no drop in air pressure. SA mentioned to monitor it for few days. If there is no tyre related issue and TPMS stills reports air pressure warning for it, sensor may needed to be replaced. I hope it doesn't come to that. Will post once this is resolved.
Till then..
Keep revvin..
Negi15
Old 12th June 2023, 20:26   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
New issue Found:
One of tyre is showing 31psi on MID and it's been reported as warning randomly. No puncture is found. Hand air-gauge meter shows no drop in air pressure. SA mentioned to monitor it for few days. If there is no tyre related issue and TPMS stills reports air pressure warning for it, sensor may needed to be replaced. I hope it doesn't come to that. Will post once this is resolved.
Till then..
Keep revvin..
Negi15
I have the same issue on my 2023 XZA+.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5563748 (The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona)

I am not sure what is causing the issue, if it is the software which is doing this or the sensors are bad. It shows Low tyre pressue even at 33psi. Please keep this thread updated, with what you find and the resolution for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks