Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2023, 10:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_curv View Post

Finally, the whole breakdown was nothing but a simple part of complex machine giving way
Glad to know you have your car back now. However, if you don't mind can you post more details on what was the root cause of the issue and what was the fix provided? This might help fellow owners in future. Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 13:33   #62

Hi actually there were total of 6 parts which had to be changed will have to refer to the bill to update the name but the main was the timing belt. All the parts took time to arrive at the service centre.
Straight_curv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 01:09   #63

Re: 1st Anniversary and 17K up on the ODO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Hey for the above 2 Points
Point 1 : I have Front Camera and Sensor installed and the Camera comes up in the OEM Screen you can check my posts for same.

point 2 : I intent to get the boot open mechanism installed from latest safari to ours, even you can inquire with the SC
Hi any update on the point 2 were you able to get in done from the SC?
Old 1st January 2024, 16:27   #64
BHPian

Re: 1st Anniversary and 17K up on the ODO!

Quote:
Hi any update on the point 2 were you able to get in done from the SC?
I gave a little Vit - M and they installed outside Dealership ... But it was with due consent of their manager verbal of-course and Those Dashcams just saved my life will be uploading video shortly in my thread
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 16:22   #65

I bought Tata safari RDK XZA O+ in August 2023 and I have multiple issues which are not pleasant to deal with.

Issue 1:

Welcome function (Driver seat): When I try to turn it off, It shows the error "Settings can not be updated". However it gets turned off. Annoying part is it gets turned on its own automatically. sometimes on the same day, sometimes after couple of days.

Issue 2: Turning Off ADAS functions like emergency braking, Lane assist etc: It shows the error "Please restart the vehicle and try again. If the issue persists, please contact service center"

Issue 3 (Major): I drove the vehicle just for 3000 Kms and one day when I was about to leave for work, the car did not start at all and the instrument cluster started showing all malfunction like “Drive control system Fault”, “AVH system failure”, “Auto hold system failure” etc. each warning signal started lighting up. The car was not starting up. After sometime my keys did not also work. I couldn’t even lock or unlock. I called up TATA motors helpline and they arranged emergency assistance in 30 mins. The RSA guy said the battery is absolutely drained and he jump started the vehicle. He asked me to keep the vehicle running for 30 mins so that it will be fully charged. I kept it running for 1 hour but nothing changed. Next day, I had to again jump start the vehicle to take it to nearest service center.

It was in the service center for more than 3 weeks all together and after it was returned back, I see Issue 1 and 2 unresolved. For Issue 3, the car is starting now but while I switch the ignition off every time, it shows some or other malfunction error. I am really frustrated after spending so much for the vehicle.
Old 28th January 2024, 12:34   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Finally, the whole breakdown was nothing but a simple part of complex machine giving way but the cooperation from the executive (Mr. Nikhil and Mr. Shankar) made the whole process a lot easier. TML has long way to go as a company with respect to the after sales service and I hope with the growing sales and foot hold of the company in the market it will soon find ways to cover the huge gap between what is being provided and what is being expected.

Signing off
Even though, such a break-down is not expected from a vehicle that has been in production for quite some time now, it gives more confidence to observe that at least Tata has improved on support front. Their technical staff is still developing deep insight into the products. So, I still expect them to take some more time in becoming expert in handling issues. For me, good part is that the my interaction with them has been good and they have been proactive in resolving issues. I faced issues due to rat-bite on my recent long drive with family and was happy with their response and support. I had been busy on personal front for some time now, so could not check the thread for some time. I will soon be sharing my recent experiences with beast soon
Old 4th March 2024, 14:12   #67

It is March 2024 and I am following up with TMV since the issues stated popping up. To add to my frustration, they are either sending service engineers to my place to look at the issue or taking my vehicle to service center for inspection. But the outcome is absolutely ZERO.
Old 12th March 2024, 11:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardhendudas View Post
I bought Tata safari RDK XZA O+ in August 2023 and I have multiple issues which are not pleasant to deal with.

Issue 1:

Welcome function (Driver seat): When I try to turn it off, It shows the error "Settings can not be updated". However it gets turned off. Annoying part is it gets turned on its own automatically. sometimes on the same day, sometimes after couple of days.

Issue 2: Turning Off ADAS functions like emergency braking, Lane assist etc: It shows the error "Please restart the vehicle and try again. If the issue persists, please contact service center"

Issue 3 (Major): I drove the vehicle just for 3000 Kms and one day when I was about to leave for work, the car did not start at all and the instrument cluster started showing all malfunction like “Drive control system Fault”, “AVH system failure”, “Auto hold system failure” etc. each warning signal started lighting up. The car was not starting up. After sometime my keys did not also work. I couldn’t even lock or unlock. I called up TATA motors helpline and they arranged emergency assistance in 30 mins. The RSA guy said the battery is absolutely drained and he jump started the vehicle. He asked me to keep the vehicle running for 30 mins so that it will be fully charged. I kept it running for 1 hour but nothing changed. Next day, I had to again jump start the vehicle to take it to nearest service center.

It was in the service center for more than 3 weeks all together and after it was returned back, I see Issue 1 and 2 unresolved. For Issue 3, the car is starting now but while I switch the ignition off every time, it shows some or other malfunction error. I am really frustrated after spending so much for the vehicle.
It seems to me they might have flashed I correct BCM /ECM update to your Vehicle. Sit with them on the system and make sure they select the correct Variant not by VIN or vehicle number but by variant selection.
Old 12th March 2024, 11:42   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
It seems to me they might have flashed I correct BCM /ECM update to your Vehicle. Sit with them on the system and make sure they select the correct Variant not by VIN or vehicle number but by variant selection.
Yes they have done the flash multiple times. But the issue remains as is. The problem is, you can not solve an issue without understanding it. They had sent Harmon folks to take the vehicle logs. It was in Jan 2024 and I am chasing for the result since then. Till date, they are not giving me any kind of response on that too. The latest response I got form them is, they are releasing a new software version and I need to wait till then....Lets see where it goes..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks