Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 20:23   #46
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I have the same issue on my 2023 XZA+.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5563748 (The Indominus comes home | Ownership review of my Tata Safari XZA+(O) Adventure Persona)

I am not sure what is causing the issue, if it is the software which is doing this or the sensors are bad. It shows Low tyre pressue even at 33psi. Please keep this thread updated, with what you find and the resolution for the same.
An update: I kept the affected tyre under observation for a week and regularly measured air pressure with hand air pressure gauge and it never showed any drop. Also, TPMS sensor reading for this tyres has recently started varying from 16-29 on its will. Finally, reported my observation to Service Manager and they have arranged for new sensor part for this tyre. I am scheduled to visit this Wednesday to replace the faulty sensor. Will post more update after the visit.
negi15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 20:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negi15 View Post
An update: I kept the affected tyre under observation for a week and regularly measured air pressure with hand air pressure gauge and it never showed any drop. Also, TPMS sensor reading for this tyres has recently started varying from 16-29 on its will. Finally, reported my observation to Service Manager and they have arranged for new sensor part for this tyre. I am scheduled to visit this Wednesday to replace the faulty sensor. Will post more update after the visit.
Update on TPMS sensor issue: Visited the SC today after taking prior appointment with Service Manager. Faulty sensor was replaced by new one under warranty. TPMS fault lamp is gone now. It took longer than expected. However, still overall happy with the interaction with TaMo Service centre during my 3 visits in last one month.

Keep revving!
negi15
Old 11th July 2023, 10:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Follow-up visit after 3rd servicing
New issue Found:
One of tyre is showing 31psi on MID and it's been reported as warning randomly. No puncture is found. Hand air-gauge meter shows no drop in air pressure. SA mentioned to monitor it for few days. If there is no tyre related issue and TPMS stills reports air pressure warning for it, sensor may needed to be replaced. I hope it doesn't come to that. Will post once this is resolved.
Till then..
Keep revvin..
Negi15
Same issue on mine they simply did recalibration. But it remains just 3 psi lesser than rest of remains on 29 psi but manual check shows the pressure is ok.
Old 11th July 2023, 11:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Same issue on mine they simply did recalibration. But it remains just 3 psi lesser than rest of remains on 29 psi but manual check shows the pressure is ok.
I would suggest to get it replaced under its 1 year warranty.
Old 14th July 2023, 10:10   #50

Hello Sir,
Firstly sorry if this is not the right way to ask doubts, but I am a newbie who has Joined Team-BHP very recently, so please pardon my Mistake. Firstly I hope you & your wanderer is doing fine, I own a Feb 2022 Tata Harrier XT+ DE. And currently it stands at 18k kms and I facing following issues:
1) Humming Sound while I depress the clutch & press accelerator simultaneously in 1st Gear and continues till I depress the whole clutch & it can be heard very clearly in cabin. The sound only extints to some extent if the car is driven for 400-500 kms on Highway, else it's always present.
2) Grinding/Kir kir sound it comes when I am in 4th Gear (60-70) or 5th Gear(75-80) or 6th Gear (85+) accelerate bit aggressively, not like pedal to metal even if I accelerate to overtake a truck this sound like Old Tata Indica doing Kir ..Kir.. Kir comes for a good 5-6 seconds.
I would be very very glad If I get some help regarding this or a lead where I can post this issue. Thank You So Much, & please pardon my errors.
Old 17th July 2023, 19:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guywithfiesta View Post
Hello Sir,
Firstly sorry if this is not the right way to ask doubts, but I am a newbie who has Joined Team-BHP very recently, so please pardon my Mistake. Firstly I hope you & your wanderer is doing fine, I own a Feb 2022 Tata Harrier XT+ DE.
Hi guywithfiesta, Sorry to disappoint you. I have an automatic one. So, I am not in position to help you out with manual transmission issues. However, I would suggest you below approach:
1) You must already be part of SOUL group of your region. It is Tata Motors owned what app group region-wise. If not, get yourself added to anyone of them. It is really helpful group where owners having similar issue can guide you through the resolution steps.
2) Bring it up with Tata Service Centre and if they are not helpful, write an e-mail to CRM Tata motors of your area. You can find the email displayed at SC itself.
3) If progress is still not made as per your liking, tag the issue to official Tata Motors Facebook page. It helped in my case.

Hope this helps.
Old 19th July 2023, 07:59   #52

Quote:
Hi guywithfiesta, Sorry to disappoint you.:
1) You must already be part of SOUL group of your region. It is Tata Motors owned what app group region-wise. If not, get yourself added to anyone of them. It is really helpful group where owners having similar issue can guide you through the resolution steps.
Thank You So Much sir for the help, well I have visited th ASC for 8-9 times and still no resolution is to be found. And yes I am part of SOUL & definitely I will be writing my concern over there & if still satisfactory resolution doesn't comes up I'll be considering a complaint filed on Social Media!
Old 22nd July 2023, 19:03   #53
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest to get it replaced under its 1 year warranty.
Getting things done at service center is another challenge they have changed, I am chasing them for seat change and rubber beading also
Old 23rd July 2023, 11:45   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Getting things done at service center is another challenge they have changed, I am chasing them for seat change and rubber beading also
As of now, I have not found such issues with my SC. However, do note that I have stayed with same SC for last one year even though I have two others near my home. Service manager is very nice person and I directly follow up with him to resolve any issues. However, yes they have their own pace to get things done as they are overloaded with work.
Old 29th July 2023, 12:30   #55
BHPian

1st Anniversary and 17K up on the ODO!

Time flies and first anniversary of Wanderer arrived. So, I thought about sharing overall ownership experience (till now) on this occasion and share my perspective in nutshell.

My Use case :
Any opinion is based on personal requirements. Opinions differ for same thing based on different requirements. In my case below were the requirements.
- Pleasure to drive
- Comfortable Long drives for family of four. Occasional short drives with two families.
- All Essential safety features
- Easy to drive for office-commute i.e. automatic. The only solo drive Time.
- Should have enough utility spaces.
- No new launches. Did not want to spend energy on teething problems of new launches.
- Decent Music system. Wireless Android Auto Support, steering mounted controls. - Did not want advance electronics in car like ADAS.
- Available off the shelf.
- Panoramic sun-roof was must. (Family Wishlist)

Of all the contenders, we finally unanimously selected Safari Dark XZA+ and bought it home last year July 2022.

Dislikes:
- Fit and finish for such an expensive vehicle
- Even for top end variant, there is no front parking sensor and camera. Official accessory also did not look good solution to me.
- Reverse camera quality is not good. Camera also sits out in open and gets dirty with ease during rains causing inconvenience during reverse motion. For such huge vehicle, two additional corner sensors are a must to give more confidence. Just two placed towards the centre are no enough.
- Infotainment with android auto has issues at the start. However, with software and android auto upgrade, it's much stable now. But still at this price, touch screen has to be more slick and responsive. Software is too buggy. They fix one issue and plant new one in new SW upgrade.
- No auto boot opening mechanism in top variant. At least if it's manual, there has to be something substantial to hold-on for opening the boot. During rains it sometimes get irritating if your hands are wet. Do note, that I am not complaining about heavy boot lid here. I think it's required for third row passenger safety.

- Robust and sturdy build. Provides a sense of safety inside it.
- Airy cabin. Command seating for front two rows. Even third row is usable for short trips. Kids spend lot of time switching between second and third rows.
- Great ride quality. At higher speed you glide over bad roads without much undulations being transferred inside.
- Comfortable and wide seats: Seats are not too soft. It has perfect cushioning for long drives. Second row accommodates three grown-ups easily sitting side by side without anyone needing to bend their shoulders.
- Amazing driving experience. Good road visibility. Planted on highways at higher speeds. Braking is solid and confidence inspiring.
- Ample utility spaces on doors and between the front two seats. Third row seat has its own blower control along with bottle holder.
- Dark interiors have a premium feel.
- Good Music and sound system.
- Terrain response modes are useful. I have used WET mode frequently during Pune rains.

Overall, likes above have higher credits as those are what create travel experiences. Dislike are more like complains of feature being not provided even on paying for top end variant.

Issues faced in last one year:
- One TPMS sensor went bad. Was replaced under warranty.

For a reference, below details should provide how the vehicle has been used for a year:
1) 17K on ODO
-- 40% for solo office commute
-- 60% for family trips outside city.
2) Fuel Economy(AC always ON, default CITY mode):
-- Average 11-12kmpl in city runs
-- Average 17-18kmpl outside city
3) Drive modes usage:
-- 80% CITY mode, 10% SPORTS Mode 10% ECO mode.
-- Manual Mode used only once(for trial).
4) Terrain response Mode usage:
-- Wet mode frequently used (during rains)
-- Rough road mode (never used)
5) Traction control never switched off.
6) Hill descent used only once for trial(on office parking ramp )
7) Average speeds:
City - 20-25kmph
Highway - 80-90kmph

Overall Experience:
It has been fun-filled one year with great family outings(both short and long). Ride comfort is great and family members never reported fatique after long 8-10 hours drive. Seats are not very soft and are perfectly cushioned for long drives. It's a pleasure to drive and handles very well on highways. Family really liked the commanding seating position it offers for first two rows. For me, it provide all the usable features. Service centre experience is satisfactory. Things get done but at slow pace.
Hopefully the good experience continues.

Keep revving!
Negi
negi15 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 22:57   #56

Quote:
Also, we took Wanderer on four day trip to Sambhajinagar. Covered 900Km in fours days including Ellora, Grishneshwar Mahadev, Lonar. Will share more details about ride in another post. No issues except for "key not found" warnings 3 times in 4 days.
Hi,

Two months ago, I bought a Tata safari XZA+ dark and driving it was nothing but a dream come true I took it all around the city (Kochi), on a short trip to Ooty after which I got it serviced followed by a long drive all the way to Mumbai. Everything was fine and the car was all that I could ask for.

Until 22 Aug 23 when on my way from the office at around 1745 hrs in Mumbai (distance of 2.5 km) the car suddenly stopped responding to the accelerator and got stuck at 8 kmph. I immediately dialled Tata RSA who suggested I drive the car in this condition to the nearest safe point and park it on the roadside for towing. By the time I did the car showed all the warning lights possible(image attached).

Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review-whatsapp-image-20230825-22.21.33.jpeg

I agree that car being a complex machine is fallible and likely to fail and this was the exact thought i had when I was stuck at the road. And then starts my worst service experience, first was the whole towing fiasco which as told by the RSA team should have been a simple task of 80-90 mins after which I hand over the car to towing agents and relax and wait for the service centre to contact me. In reality, the agents took 3 hrs to reach my location and they reached around 2130 hrs (PS: the location in talks here is a prime one in south Mumbai) and too only two of them who asked my help in terms of sitting on the steering to steer the car while embarking it on the truck. I did so as I didn’t want any harm to my car and seeing their level of professionalism I decided to join them on the trip to service centre I.e. Puneet Cars, Worli (on my bike) to ensure safety of my car. On reaching the service centre I was told by the watchmen that the towing guys are utterly unprofessional and have a history of damaging car while unloading, so here again I stepped up to unload my car and handed it over to the centre at 2315 hrs.

Still I had hopes that it might be a small glitch and I will get to drive my car in a day or two, but these were shattered the very next day. I got a call from the service centre asking for the issue in the morning and after explaining them the whole thing when I called in the noon to confirm what the issue is and when to expect the car back, I was shocked to find that they were clueless and were exploring the options of battery being drained out and what not. Regarding the delivery of the vehicle I was told that it will take at least 08-10 days for me to get back my car.

Frustrated from all this I decided to escalate the matter and wrote a mail with all the details to Tata Motors Ltd to only get calls again going around the loop of what the problem is and how can they help me. I also suggested as the vehicle is brand new within warranty and being my only mode of conveyance a standby vehicle maybe provided to me for the duration for which no action was taken.

I would like to ask this forum for help with ways to get back my car at the earliest and get compensated for the harassment I am undergoing.

Update as of today I was told that the service centre is working in close coordination with TML and has been told to replace three major parts in engine and see if it solves the problem and if it does chances of which are 90% I can expect my vehicle by next week mid or end and if it doesn’t then no timelines.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th November 2023 at 21:50. Reason: Extra smiley deleted; quoted text trimmed
Straight_curv is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 08:46   #57
BHPian

Whenever Tata brings in a new model, there's so much positive response from the public. Yet, the service support is what makes the product reliable.

In this age of sensors and ECU, why can't an onboard diagnosis algorithm also be incorporated to gauge the health of the vehicle.

Why are the service personnel "clueless". Comeon, this is a 100 years old ice engine with a 30 year old electronics.

Why Toyota has very reliable machines - how could they do it. If they can do it in India any Indian company should be able to do it in India and possibly elsewhere except for God forsaken lands.

I deeply empathise with the OP and the unimaginable harrasment after putting in his hard earned money.

Tatas may not be media editing their failures. But becoming clueless is taking away confidence away from the brand.

My close friend in Thiruvananthapuram has a Harrier. In 2021 one such warning lamp came up. The car was taken to service center and the service engineer was clueless for 3 days, finally he resolved it when another harrier came and they took a particular part suspected of being faulty and replaced it and voila the error was gone.

They took some more time to get the part and fix it. The warning still comes.

So why the incompetence in finding out and fixing it is not sorted out yet - after so many years.

There can be a handful cases initially, but the fact that they have not figured out after so many years that service staff remains clueless is because of the lack of passion.

I had been a Tata fan due to the fact that it's a completely home grown brand and has of the late made some really stunning cars. But it's the service that matters and keeps me away from Tata. And I sincerely hope that they don't have the same work culture in ev segment also, else the huge headstart they got will all be lost to other brands who will be able to manage service better.
helios9406 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 20:32   #58
BHPian

Re: 1st Anniversary and 17K up on the ODO!

Quote:

Dislikes:
- Even for top end variant, there is no front parking sensor and camera. Official accessory also did not look good solution to me.
- No auto boot opening mechanism in top variant. At least if it's manual, there has to be something substantial to hold-on for opening the boot. During rains it sometimes get irritating if your hands are wet. Do note, that I am not complaining about heavy boot lid here. I think it's required for third row passenger safety.
Hey for the above 2 Points
Point 1 : I have Front Camera and Sensor installed and the Camera comes up in the OEM Screen you can check my posts for same.

point 2 : I intent to get the boot open mechanism installed from latest safari to ours, even you can inquire with the SC
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_curv View Post
Update as of today I was told that the service centre is working in close coordination with TML and has been told to replace three major parts in engine and see if it solves the problem and if it does chances of which are 90% I can expect my vehicle by next week mid or end and if it doesn’t then no timelines.
Buying such an expensive flagship product and facing such ordeal is criminal. This is exactly the reason people think multiple times before going for Tata and ones who finally go for it always have such worry in their subconscious minds.
I feel really sorry to hear your experience. Hopefully issue is resolved now.

Quote:
Hey for the above 2 Points
Point 1 : I have Front Camera and Sensor installed and the Camera comes up in the OEM Screen you can check my posts for same.

point 2 : I intent to get the boot open mechanism installed from latest safari to ours, even you can inquire with the SC
Thanks @iskandariya!

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd November 2023 at 19:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 14th December 2023, 19:42   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_curv View Post
Hi,

Two months ago, I bought a Tata safari XZA+ dark and driving it was nothing but a dream come true I took it all around the city (Kochi), on a short trip to Ooty after which I got it serviced followed by a long drive all the way to Mumbai. Everything was fine and the car was all that I could ask for.

Until 22 Aug 23 when on my way from the office at around 1745 hrs in Mumbai (distance of 2.5 km) the car suddenly stopped responding to the accelerator and got stuck at 8 kmph. I immediately dialled Tata RSA who suggested I drive the car in this condition to the nearest safe point and park it on the roadside for towing. By the time I did the car showed all the warning lights possible(image attached).

Attachment 2495354

I agree that car being a complex machine is fallible and likely to fail and this was the exact thought i had when I was stuck at the road. And then starts my worst service experience, first was the whole towing fiasco which as told by the RSA team should have been a simple task of 80-90 mins after which I hand over the car to towing agents and relax and wait for the service centre to contact me. In reality, the agents took 3 hrs to reach my location and they reached around 2130 hrs (PS: the location in talks here is a prime one in south Mumbai) and too only two of them who asked my help in terms of sitting on the steering to steer the car while embarking it on the truck. I did so as I didn’t want any harm to my car and seeing their level of professionalism I decided to join them on the trip to service centre I.e. Puneet Cars, Worli (on my bike) to ensure safety of my car. On reaching the service centre I was told by the watchmen that the towing guys are utterly unprofessional and have a history of damaging car while unloading, so here again I stepped up to unload my car and handed it over to the centre at 2315 hrs.

Still I had hopes that it might be a small glitch and I will get to drive my car in a day or two, but these were shattered the very next day. I got a call from the service centre asking for the issue in the morning and after explaining them the whole thing when I called in the noon to confirm what the issue is and when to expect the car back, I was shocked to find that they were clueless and were exploring the options of battery being drained out and what not. Regarding the delivery of the vehicle I was told that it will take at least 08-10 days for me to get back my car.

Frustrated from all this I decided to escalate the matter and wrote a mail with all the details to Tata Motors Ltd to only get calls again going around the loop of what the problem is and how can they help me. I also suggested as the vehicle is brand new within warranty and being my only mode of conveyance a standby vehicle maybe provided to me for the duration for which no action was taken.

I would like to ask this forum for help with ways to get back my car at the earliest and get compensated for the harassment I am undergoing.

So finally a long pending update from my side about this case, please excuse me for the long absence from the blog. So the car was with the SC for almost 17 days after which it was handed over to me. During this entire period the assigned executive was actively updating me with the day to day activities and also of the fluctuating date of the delivery for the vehicle, but the vehicle came back to me post a 50 KM test run by the SC. Coming to the delivery experience it was not the best to say the least but the happiness to get back the car after such a long period kind of overshadowed the bad part. But worth a mention the car was very dirty and had a lot of new minor scratches (pics attached) all over, the dirt I am talking about is food crumbles and used bottles lying in the car.

The SC and the executive were helpful enough to ask me to give the car again for a week to rectify these but I took a decision to handle them myself and ask them for any compensation for the expenditure incurred for the commute by me for the duration the car was with the Service Centre as I was not provided with a loaner vehicle. The SC obliged and provided me with a decent enough sum of money for the period but the things took their own time and I finally received the amount as late as yesterday.

The whole experience was a learning one with the following being the learning points:-

1) In case of a breakdown don’t loose your cool and take the vehicle to the service center of your choice based on the reviews and not the nearest one as suggested by the towing vehicle, for this you may have to give a call or two extra but save you a lot of trouble in the future.

2) Always take a before video as detailed as possible before handing over the vehicle to the service centre and compare the same at the time of delivery.

3) Go for an extended warranty as early as possible it will save your money in long term (and also in short term as in my case )

Finally, the whole breakdown was nothing but a simple part of complex machine giving way but the cooperation from the executive (Mr. Nikhil and Mr. Shankar) made the whole process a lot easier. TML has long way to go as a company with respect to the after sales service and I hope with the growing sales and foot hold of the company in the market it will soon find ways to cover the huge gap between what is being provided and what is being expected.

Signing off
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review-img_0031.jpeg  

Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review-img_0030.jpeg  

Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review-img_0029.jpeg  

Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review-img_0028.jpeg  

Tata Safari Dark Edition XZA+ | Buying Experience & Ownership Review-img_0027.jpeg  

Straight_curv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks