Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2023, 18:36   #16

Re: 2023 Mercedes GLC 300 | Ownership Review of 2500 km

Great write up. Have a A200d 22 Limousine. Almost 2 years. Excellent car. Ride quality is amazing. Even at highway speeds car is very stable.

Comfort has been my goto drive mode too. Perfect blend of performance and comfort. Sport mode is fun but guzzles fuel.

I miss ventilated seats too. They should provide it in next releases.

Few things I don't like.
1. Little body roll at times.
2. Pick up lag during bumper to bumper traffic.

Overall, great car and fun for car enthusiast.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th October 2023 at 20:47. Reason: Removing mentions of speeding
TheAllKnowing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 11:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I am looking at purchasing a MY 2024 model, the dealer has asked me to book now to make sure delivery is in Jan or Feb. Anyone have any suggestions or guidance on this front?
SN
Hey sknair,

The GLC is a great all rounder, a great purchase in my books. I would suggest to take delivery if possible before the end of this year.

Mercedes is going to hike prices for their volume sellers in Q1 24. This is what my SA's in Bangalore and Mangalore told me, and you will not be offered price protection.

If you intend on keeping the Mercedes as long termer, one year will not make a difference. If you intend on selling within 4 to 5 years the depreciation of a MY 23 car would be greater than the MY24 car.

Just my 2 cents, congratulations on the car

Cheers
Cliff

Last edited by Sheel : 27th October 2023 at 11:33. Reason: Capitalized GLC & Mercedes. Thanks.
Cliff9091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 16:28   #18

I do admire the German vehicles. I own a GLS, but there are always some big problems. I admire your guts driving it long distance.

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2023 at 10:12. Reason: typo
ahujapradeep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 20:08   #19
BHPian

Excellent review! If I were to buy a luxury car here in India, it would be the the Mercedes GLC! Has plenty of features, power and luxury for the Indian market .Also, I really like the gray color of your car. Congrats on the new ride and hope you post regular updates on this thread. Also I like how you bought a petrol model(popular option is diesel, but I like the fact you bought petrol).
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 10:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigs View Post
Thanks SN. Have answered your queries....
.[/b]
Hi Tigs, I am not able to DM you, could you please DM me?
How is the experience so far? had a few more questions.
appreciate your advice.
thanks
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 14:46   #21

Quote:
How is the experience so far? had a few more questions.
thanks
I dont know why you can't DM. I will check settings at my end.

Experience has been amazing. Clocked 4k km as of now without any glitches.

Thank god I trusted my instinct on this as opposed to some points being raised in most Video reviews I saw about the Car.
Tigs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 12:16   #22

Quote:
I dont know why you can't DM. I will check settings at my end.

Experience has been amazing. Clocked 4k km as of now without any glitches.

Thank god I trusted my instinct on this as opposed to some points being raised in most Video reviews I saw about the Car.
Hi Tigs, I got my petrol GLC 300 too and love it so far. I do have a couple of small issues though and wanted to check if you did too . Whenever the reverse/any camera goes out and in, it makes a very noticeable noise even in traffic . Does that happen with your car too?
Also the centre console sliding thing isn't staying open on mine (worked fine the first 20 days) and have to be sent to the service center to be fixed which is a little disappointing .
But those aside, it's a beautiful car .
SidAbz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 15:46   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidAbz View Post
Whenever the reverse/any camera goes out and in, it makes a very noticeable noise even in traffic . Does that happen with your car too?
Also the centre console sliding thing isn't staying open on mine (worked fine the first 20 days) .
Hi SidAbz

Congratulations on the new car.

1) Reverse camera noise is evident. But its not a defect. To some its a pleasing sound, to some it's not. I personally like it. Couple of my friends get bothered by the sound as well.

2) Regarding console, make sure there isn't some obstruction underneath the channels. Never had any problems with it.

3) If You find couple of error codes coming up on the steering display in the future, dont get worried. Just turn off the car, exit and lock the doors. Come back in the car after 5 minutes and things will be fine.

4) Get the Rear spoiler if you can. Has boosted fuel efficiency by 20% for me.

5) Also get the screen guard for Centre and Steering display. You wont get this with Mercedes. But on Amazon, the C class screen guard works fine.

Hope this helps.
Old 7th December 2023, 21:53   #24

Quote:

1) Reverse camera noise is evident. But its not a defect. To some its a pleasing sound, to some it's not. I personally like it. Couple of my friends get bothered by the sound as well.

Thanks for all the suggestions Tigs ! Appreciate it .

So it's been a month since I got the car. When I first started noticing the camera noise I wasn't sure what it was which was really bothering me although I did have a feeling that it could be the camera. Now that I know for sure, it is a relief. But I am confused as to how I feel about it now. I guess I have mixed feelings now.

Console I don't think anything is obstructing it. I guess it's just one of those things.

I already got the spoiler (two weeks after the delivery ). Though it isn't very obvious I thought it still made the car look better. I was wondering if it would actually make a difference performance-wise, glad to know it does. I haven't noticed the difference yet, or maybe it did go up from 6.5 to 7 kmpl. This after having done 1000 kms up to now. What does yours say?

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th December 2023 at 11:04. Reason: Fixed Quote. Spacing, grammar.
Old 9th December 2023, 10:13   #25

Quote:
Thanks for all the suggestions Tigs ! Appreciate it .
But ya, 7.1 kmpl is where am at after having done 1000 kms now. What does yours say ?
Hi SidAbz

7.1 is too low. But don't worry, your car will settle down soon.

At 5000 km mark, I am getting 10.5 - 11.1 in the city and 12 - 14 on highways.

These are highly efficient engines and most reviews have rarely covered this aspect.

But then, you will see that Mercedes in general is always nitpicked a lot more than any other car in the same segment.

Couple of suggestions,

1) In the city, I now opt for Economy mode only. As my car has settled down, gear shift lag in this mode has disappeared. It's as seamless as the comfort mode.

2) On highways, I drive in Comfort mode.

3) For Fuel, I opt for Shell V Power. This has made significant difference as well.

4) I've also reduced car Tyre pressure by 2 points.

5) Don't start driving immediately after you start the car. Let the Engine reach its optimum temperature first. Keep a tab on the steering panel to see this. Wait for the blue engine light to disappear.

6) Lastly, switch on the AC after you hit E3/C3 or E4/C4.

All these combined have had significant impact.
Tigs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 10:26   #26

Quote:

7.1 is too low. But don't worry, your car will settle down soon.

Thanks for a lot of very helpful information Tigs !

Anything over 10-kmpl I would be happy and I agree with you that these cars are quite efficient for their power and size. Something in general people wouldn't assume.

I completely agree and observed the same about the Eco mode. The first time it felt relatively slower in shifts or power but after a few days when I put it on Eco by mistake I realised there isn't too much of a difference between Eco and Comfort. Am still driving in Comfort though, which lets me enjoy the new car that is so smooth and powerful. Maybe in a couple of months, Eco will become my default too.

Somehow, it slipped my mind, and I have filled it with regular fuel. Unfortunately, there is only one shell petrol bunk in Hyderabad, which is an hour away from me, so I have to find the right alternative and use it next time.

What is your tyre pressure? Is it comfort/efficiency-oriented? Nitrogen is what I am presuming.

Mod Note- Please proofread before posting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th December 2023 at 11:02. Reason: Trimmed quote. Fixed spacing, grammar.
Old 12th December 2023, 14:07   #27
BHPian

Hi Tigs & SidAbz,
Can you please help me with this if possible.
I got a VIN allocated to my booking, and likely to receive early Feb.

The 10th character in the VIN number is "R", which I believe means MY 2024; could you please check if the 10th character in your VIN is "P", meaning MY 2023.

Also please check the 11th character, it is showing "L" for me, meaning it is manufactured in Malaysia. I thought the cars coming to India were from Germany as CKD.

Any inputs on accessories, PPF, and PDI.

Looks like they don't have a Dashcam which is important these days, please share if you purchased and fitted from any third party.

appreciate your help.
Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 08:17   #28

Quote:

What is your tyre pressure? Is it comfort/efficiency-oriented? Nitrogen is what I am presuming.
Hi @SidAbz,

Tyre pressure I have set at 285 front & 300 rear. Did this after researching a lot about the same on MB forums.

Quote:
Hi Tigs & SidAbz,
could you please check if the 10th character in your VIN is "P"

Also please check the 11th character

Any inputs on accessories, PPF, and PDI.

Thanks
Hi @sknair,

Congrats on your booking.

Yes, 10th Character is P in my case and 11th is same as yours.

Accessories

I went in for their Mats, Sil load guard, Door handle Recesses, Spoiler

PPF - Got it done through Dealer itself. GSWF Protection. 5 Years warranty.

PDI was pretty smooth as well. Checked everything. This includes any error codes that were there in the past.

Dashcam - This has an inbuilt dashcam but needs an app for it. App is currently in U.K and Australia only. Will come later to India.

Keep Active Brake Assist disabled in City traffic. System is little sensitive and given that there are so many jerks on the road, system can get activated.

If you still want to use it, set it to 'Late'.
Old 13th December 2023, 15:05   #29
BHPian

Quote:

PDI was pretty smooth as well. Checked everything. This includes any error codes that were there in the past.

Keep Active Brake Assist disabled in City traffic. System is little sensitive and given that there are so many jerks on the road, system can get activated.

If you still want to use it, set it to 'Late'.
Thanks, Tigs, appreciate your quick response.
Can you please elaborate on "This includes any error codes that were there in the past", and how to do this?
Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 19:56   #30

Quote:
"This includes any error codes that were there in the past", and how to do this?
Thanks
Just request your Mercedes RE to show you if any error codes popped up when Vehicle was checked at their end. They usually have a historical record. This is not a big deal, but it always helps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks