Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2004, 19:47   #31
Team-BHP Support

Now GTO - what would you vote for ?
Old 25th September 2004, 20:23   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bad boy Ajmat. The other thread was shifted because it became more of a Vtec thread than RS. So lets not get Honda engines into this.

But I would still go for the Accord. Yes, once of the main reasons is that V*** engine.

GTO
Old 25th September 2004, 20:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

Great review GTO. I think it covered all the points!
Old 25th September 2004, 21:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Great review, it's everything I expected it to be, at the foremost, mature power delivery. Looking forward to test driving the RS one of these days. OHHHH, i want one of these so baddd!!!
Old 26th September 2004, 00:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

A small Question GTO ,
at what rpm does the turbo kick in ?
Old 26th September 2004, 01:50   #36
Team-BHP Support

Hey GTO,

Great review there!
How did you like the suspension setup while cornering?

Rtech..im waiting for your review as well since u will be able to give us a good comparison since u own an octi.....

I think one fact that all of us petrol heads have totally overlooked is the fact that we have been begging for the "sport/type-r/R/S/RS" version of any car to be launched in india.... and most car companies have just disregarded the petrolheads as an insignificant part of the population.
Some cars have made it halfway there... but they have always been curbed to fit the market better.
This is the first car geared towards driver appeal and no compromise in terms of performance (as opposed to VTEC with 175s, lancer 1.8 with A/T, ikon with no brakes etc), so i think its a great move from Skoda and we need to appreciate that!

Im gonna show some real appreciation when i get my hands on a testdrive car
cheers
R
Old 28th September 2004, 21:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Was waiting for this day since a week and a half and it finally arrived. Got a call from the Nummer Eins the Juhu dealer for Skoda that they finally had the car with them to give me a test drive. Asked them to come over to my office which they did

I came out of my office when they arrived and standing before me was a gleaming yellow Octavia RS

I took a good look at the car and then finally made myself comfortable in the driving seat. I found the seats quite comfotable to my liking . The three spoke steering had a meaty grip and the silver instrument cluster looked great.

Strapped myself in and I was off in the 11 o clock traffic at SV Road Vile Parle . There was no way I could test the car there so I asked the sales guy if we could hit the highway. He obliged. After getting on the highway started the real test . I had a semi empty stretch of road to myself but enough for me to do the job . I accelarated through the gears and was surprised at the way the car took off. Didnt feel any turbo lag at all and 100 + was up before no time. The engine note was simply amazing and it always felt asking for more. I found the gearshift good too and slotted pretty well. I went on to 150 thats all I could manage . The handling was amazing even at such speed and the car was rock stable. This was way better than the earlier petrol Octavia I had driven and I guess the credit does go to those better wheels and rubber as well.

I took a U turn from Airport Centaur hotel and luckily got an empty piece of road. Did some wheelspins as well which had the sales guys a bit terrified but what the heck. I drove back to my office in pretty much the same manner in which I started my drive. I used the air con since it was a really hot day.

After getting back to the office I got talking to sales guy who told that a Rider Turbo petrol version was to be introduced i.e the turbo petrol without all the gizmos like sunroof cruise control etc..

On the way back I drove past Mithibai and NM colleges just to see public reactions and yes the car is a head turner not to mention a chic magnet as well.

I must say I found the car really awesome . An amazing chassis , excellent handling ..one of the best I have experienced in an Indian car , great power and last but not the least the looks to go with it . At 14.6 lakhs on road it did feel a tad expensive but after driving it.. I think I would buy it if I had that money .

The Accord on the other hand no doubt a great car and it has the Honda name but as they say to each his own .. I think the RS would suit my personality and go well with me and well it does appeal to my heart too.

bottom line... ITS DIFFERENT

Dippy
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2004, 21:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

This car looks hot!!!
Damn masculine appeal with the mix of power and handling.
Love each and every part of the car.
Am dying to get back to bombay and lay my hands on a drive.
Good review ya`ll.
X
Old 29th September 2004, 10:15   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Dippy, I think you may have driven the exact same car that I did. Was the speedo also disconnected in yours? And the left front mirror chipped?

Great pictures...

GTO
Old 29th September 2004, 10:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Dippy, I think you may have driven the exact same car that I did. Was the speedo also disconnected in yours?
Yes the speedo was disconnected with the check engine light glowing hence I estimate I hit a 150 ( I guess after driving so much we can guess that atleast)

Do u rem the temp no. of the car you drove? I dont rem about the mirror though

Dippy
Old 29th September 2004, 19:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

check out the RS features here

Old 29th September 2004, 19:20   #42
Team-BHP Support

Awesome pics there Dippy.

Somehow that grey/beige carpeting looks out of place with the all black dash.

Also guys, did you notice a differnce with the seats? They are supposed to be a bit more sporty (read better lateral support) according to the Skoda ads.

Man...I HAVE to get around to trying one of these out soon!

Rt
Old 29th September 2004, 20:43   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Sep. 29 2004,17:50)]Somehow that grey/beige carpeting looks out of place with the all black dash.
Looks like a temporary set up for test drive. I'm sure the car will be finally with black or dark grey carpeting. It should also change according to body colours.
Old 29th September 2004, 20:48   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Sep. 29 2004,19:13)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Sep. 29 2004,17:50)]Somehow that grey/beige carpeting looks out of place with the all black dash.
Looks like a temporary set up for test drive. I'm sure the car will be finally with black or dark grey carpeting. It should also change according to body colours.
No Rudra, I noticed the same carpeting in the red one in the OD test too. I think it supposed to go with the black/grey seat combo (which I really like).
Old 29th September 2004, 21:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

But dunt u feel they shud be offering sporty interiors with the RS with the kind of character it has!!!1
I should`nt look too sober 1ce u step inside.
Just a though.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks