Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 16:54   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I did. I feel the Swift, SX4 and the GV look similar from the front. Not identical but similar.
They do look similar like brothers, which they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Yes suman.You are right,but it will be the perfect vehicle for samu's offroad territory.
Yeah right, but I have discovered on the web that GV is no slouch either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Man,The road contractors in coastal KA must be really rich guys.
Of the every 100 rupees given by the government, 50 goes to politicians and PWD department, in the remaining 50 the road contractors have to make some profit and lay the road too. Finally, just 25-30 rupees gets spent on the road. That explains the road quality.
Old 25th October 2007, 16:54   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Raajiv,

Just try out the GV and you will realize that it's an amazing vehicle to drive on bad roads (power and FE notwithstanding).

And if you compare with Pajero, it's 5 lacks cheaper so FE is much more than offset.

And don't forget that Pajero sold here is way outdated (it's not even CRDi). So Suzuki is more than vindicated for their less powerful engine on GV. At least they have priced it reasonably.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:22   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Raajiv,

Just try out the GV and you will realize that it's an amazing vehicle to drive on bad roads (power and FE notwithstanding).

And if you compare with Pajero, it's 5 lacks cheaper so FE is much more than offset.

And don't forget that Pajero sold here is way outdated (it's not even CRDi). So Suzuki is more than vindicated for their less powerful engine on GV. At least they have priced it reasonably.
Anand,

You are perfectly correct.But remember mitsu is also selling the big brother of Pajero,the Montero and it is also a very capable off-roader,but way too high for Samu's budget.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The ex-showroom price is 14.11L, there are no discounts it being a new car, but I am haggling for all terrain tyres.

Hi Samurai,
Just wanted to check if you were able to actually get some discount. Price being quoted in Bangalore is 16.8 L OTR.
Cheers !
Old 26th October 2007, 11:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

OT: Thats a good one, applicable to other areas of public development works too.

Quote:
Of the every 100 rupees given by the government, 50 goes to politicians and PWD department, in the remaining 50 the road contractors have to make some profit and lay the road too. Finally, just 25-30 rupees gets spent on the road. That explains the road quality.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:18   #96
HSV
BHPian

You wont believe this, but in Delhi none of the dealers have a Grand Vitara A/T for test drive. Funnily enough they expect customers to buy this vehicle without a test drive!
Old 26th October 2007, 13:36   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
You wont believe this, but in Delhi none of the dealers have a Grand Vitara A/T for test drive. Funnily enough they expect customers to buy this vehicle without a test drive!

And in Pune all the dealers have only A/T for test drive...
I am waiting for an M/T to be available for TD for last 2 months or so.

Come to Pune.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:36   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not bad, I got a GV test drive sitting in a village while you Delhi boys couldn't.

This is an unsung, unadvertised car. My local dealer didn't have the TD vehicle, in fact they are not authorised to sell GV. Only 3 dealers in Karnataka can sell GV and the closest to me was 75Kms away in Mangalore. The local dealer borrowed the TD vehicle for a day upon my request, and then gave TD to many people apart from me on the same day. Mine was the first sale, the second one was the local dealer himself, don't know who else. People who never considered this vehicle are getting converted after a TD, just like me.

The day I placed the GV order, I bought Smart Photography magazine for the first time at a shop while waiting for a dinner takeout. Guess what I found within first few pages, a two page AD for Grand Vitara, that too in a photography magazine I bought for the first time. What are the chances for that? I don't believe in signs, but this was weird.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:49   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried Rana Motors? They are located at Safdarjang, one of the biggest. They were getting a A/T vehicle for us to TD a couple of weeks back - we then changed our minds & asked them not to come
Old 26th October 2007, 14:12   #100
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Have you tried Rana Motors? They are located at Safdarjang, one of the biggest. They were getting a A/T vehicle for us to TD a couple of weeks back - we then changed our minds & asked them not to come
Hey thanks Suman. I tried Bagga and Rohan, but didnt try Rana. I'll do that now. Bagga said they dont have a TD vehicle to send home/office, and asked me to come to the showroom and they'd let me try on one of the vehicles standing there, whereas rohan flatly refused and had the sales guy had the gall to tell me to try a M/T instead and buy the A/T as they are more or less the same!
Old 26th October 2007, 14:18   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do look similar like brothers, which they are.
Sisters actually, since all cars are girls.
Old 26th October 2007, 14:30   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Sisters actually, since all cars are girls.
all besides the sx4, now thats a man.
Old 26th October 2007, 15:47   #103
Team-BHP Support

Here is an interesting off-roading video of GV. Same chassis, but with Diesel 1.9 engine.

Old 26th October 2007, 16:53   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guess what I found within first few pages, a two page AD for Grand Vitara, that too in a photography magazine I bought for the first time.

Rudra wanted to surprise you.
Old 26th October 2007, 17:07   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine was the first sale,
Congratulations. When do you expect delivery?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks