Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2007, 17:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

The Swift,SX4 and the new GV have the same design theme in the exterior as well as interior departments.
Old 26th October 2007, 17:16   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Congratulations. When do you expect delivery?

You're serious abt that question ?!
Old 26th October 2007, 17:57   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
The Swift,SX4 and the new GV have the same design theme in the exterior as well as interior departments.
As long as you don't buy all three of them, there is no chance of getting bored
Old 27th October 2007, 19:59   #109
Team-BHP Support

Today I visited the Mangalore dealership to select the seat cover and sun film shade. Also used the opportunity to have a closer look at the vehicle.

I wanted to see where the sub woofer was located. I found 6 speakers in total, a tweeter on both the front doors where it meets the A pillar, and all four doors had a 7 inch speaker. But I couldn't locate the sub woofer. The salesman contemplated that the sub woofer could be inside the 7 inch speaker. I told him sub woofer has to be somewhat bigger than that to be of any use.

Under the hood, there was one interesting item, I had noticed it during my TD day. Interesting air intake system (pardon the mobile camera).

The delivery is now predicted to be on November 5th, keeping my fingers crossed. New info on FE was available, this is according to actual user experience.

Where---------------------MT-----------------AT
City-----------------------8kmpl--------------6kmpl
Highway------------------11kmpl--------------8kmpl
Old 27th October 2007, 21:03   #110
Team-BHP Support

Samu, what's interesting in the intake system?
Old 27th October 2007, 21:25   #111
Team-BHP Support

I think it's on top. Unlike others below front wheel arch.
Old 27th October 2007, 21:28   #112
Team-BHP Support

Which colour are you getting finally? That will depend a lot on shoot timing, you see!
Old 27th October 2007, 22:02   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I think it's on top. Unlike others below front wheel arch.
Oh that way. That reminds me, the cedia too has teh air intake right on top in front of the bonnet.

I guess that's the most efficient and like an OE CAI.
Old 28th October 2007, 00:48   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Which colour are you getting finally? That will depend a lot on shoot timing, you see!
Supposedly metallic pearl white. But the brochure doesn't say metallic. Anyway, I don't really have a choice unless I am willing to wait 2-3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Oh that way. That reminds me, the cedia too has teh air intake right on top in front of the bonnet.
Yup, reminded me of Gurkha snorkel.
Old 29th October 2007, 18:15   #115
HSV
BHPian

Had a test drive of the GV A/T day before yesterday.

The sales guy who came was somewhat cluey than what you'd normally find. He explained that the sub-woofer is under one of the seats. He did mention which one - but I cant remember now - front or back seat. However I didnt bother to look under the seat, and merely took his word for it. the sound was pretty good by my standards, nothing out of the world - but pretty adequate.

BTW It certainly didnt feel underpowered like what many have been claiming. I have driven an A/T Nissan X-trail and an A/T Hyundai Santa Fe in Australia couple of years ago, and it felt quite comparable. Good road handling, and felt like a car - as I could whiz and weave through Delhi traffic. I am quite impressed.

regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Today I visited the Mangalore dealership to select the seat cover and sun film shade. Also used the opportunity to have a closer look at the vehicle.

I wanted to see where the sub woofer was located. I found 6 speakers in total, a tweeter on both the front doors where it meets the A pillar, and all four doors had a 7 inch speaker. But I couldn't locate the sub woofer. The salesman contemplated that the sub woofer could be inside the 7 inch speaker. I told him sub woofer has to be somewhat bigger than that to be of any use.

Under the hood, there was one interesting item, I had noticed it during my TD day. Interesting air intake system (pardon the mobile camera).

The delivery is now predicted to be on November 5th, keeping my fingers crossed. New info on FE was available, this is according to actual user experience.

Old 29th October 2007, 18:35   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
The sales guy who came was somewhat cluey than what you'd normally find. He explained that the sub-woofer is under one of the seats. He did mention which one - but I cant remember now - front or back seat.
I did find out later, it is under the driver seat. The saleman looked under it and confirmed after I called him with that detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
BTW It certainly didnt feel underpowered like what many have been claiming. Good road handling, and felt like a car - as I could whiz and weave through Delhi traffic. I am quite impressed.
I felt it was underpowered only when I tried to suddenly accelerate, like I used to do in baleno. Otherwise it was fine. Yeah, it very much drives like a car, very good for city driving.
Old 29th October 2007, 23:39   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Interesting air intake system (pardon the mobile camera).

Yes, the air intake is mounted as high as possible...nice for waterlogged roads. And it has an alternate short path which I think is used at high RPMs, bypassing the regular (long) air intake. It always fascinates me how the length of air intake affects the torque at high and low RPMs.

And the FE you mention for MT seems quite respectable for a full time 4x4. I m eagerly awaiting your first hand opinion (I am a GV believer )
Old 30th October 2007, 17:31   #118
Team-BHP Support

I too hope I'll get that FE, but I have never been lucky with FE except with the Acura TL which used to give 23/34 city/hwy for a gallon.

Here is something crazy, one shouldn't try this without snorkel and M/T mud tyres. The OE (H/T) tyres spin like there is no tomorrow, and I hope he didn't get any water into the intake.

Old 30th October 2007, 17:42   #119
Team-BHP Support

saw this now, yeah the sub woofer is under the seat i guess and the snorkel intake is there in swift diesel also.

ensure you plug in some cloth or plastic while water wash, and remove afterwards to avoid the ingenuity of washing guys to feed water to engine

yup it has small water drain hole underneath to catch the heavy rains etc
Old 1st November 2007, 18:14   #120
Senior - BHPian

vitara sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
True. It is quite car like to drive. And I also felt, that although it does not have outright performance, it is a lovely vehicle for those who like to drive.
The front seats, seating position, the steering, the handling .. luverly.

If only they had launched it with a diesel at that price. I think it costs 3L more than the VX 4x4 Safari.

Btw, it's supposed to come with a sub-woofer. Were you able to locate it?
Shuvc, the sub is under the front passenger seat. It's one of those flat, space saver things - not a true big box sub. I noticed it while sitting in the back seat during a test drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks