Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 12:15   #76
BHPian

Point taken RajaTaurus.. know what you mean about the value of Daewoo cars in the Gulf. I used to work in a GM dealership many years back in Muscat and every once in a while we used to get Cielos for service as Opel shared few platforms with Daewoo.

I am still wondering if the Chevrolet tag would have rubbed a little bit into the quality aspect of these new 'Chevrolet' branded Daewoo cars
Old 22nd November 2007, 18:34   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
EBD - Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.
When you are on rough roads, sandy or skidding surfaces and you want to brake, the 4 wheels get different levels of friction from the ground. In normal vehciles, when you apply brakes, the brakign force is uniform on all four wheels. In cars with EBD, the brake force is electronically distributed to each wheel depending on its friction resistance. Result, you feel as if the car is braking on a normal uniform surface without any swear or skid.
More on
Electronic brakeforce distribution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Excellent clarification. Thanx for that raja! So it was more of the EBD that did the job for me. Man i am glad! And i never knew that chevy magnum was actually a daewoo model!!Thats news to me!
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

Yes the OPTRAs are originally NUBIRA with Daewoo... There equivalent to Sonata of Hyundai...
Old 23rd November 2007, 09:30   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To Answer Jacob,
I ticked off all the GM vehciles launched under the name of Chevrolet, as I knew that all these vehicles sold in India are from Daewoo Korea. The same cars are also available in the Gulf on throw away prices. Daewoo - compromised on everything to reduce cost. I didnt' want to take chances in durability. We had some Daewoo cars back in mid 90's in Kuwait and just in 1 year, the car became a rattling piece of scrap.

Also check this comparison yourself for more..
Mitsubishi Cedia Spirit vs Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 MAX TCDi | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com India
Isnt it time to forget the stigma related to names/labels?

Was astonised by Swift's built quaility last week when I was able to hear music on a ICEed Swift which had damping worth 5k.

Was wondering if people in UK/US/Korea etc would say, oh, that Suzuki, Atoz is made in India and hence of bad build quality!

Most companies work as independent units and hence their built quality shouldnt be compared to their similar models made in other countries.

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd November 2007 at 09:35.
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

if you have ever dropped into an optra you would be surprised by the quality inside.its a good car,using daewoo parts and panels,so that does mean daewoo is not a bad quality car .and moreover there are a good number of cielos even now in prime shape and tune without the support from an authorised dealer or workshop.cedia is a good car apart from the rear.
ram
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Wow, that is a sexy looking dash, indeed!
Cedizens (not in mallu terms ), I have the following questions for you:-

1. What is that button between the recirculate and defrost button on the Sports dash.
2. What are the OTR prices of Spirit, Sports and base models of Cedia.

Thanks,
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
if you have ever dropped into an optra you would be surprised by the quality inside.its a good car,using daewoo parts and panels,so that does mean daewoo is not a bad quality car .and moreover there are a good number of cielos even now in prime shape and tune without the support from an authorised dealer or workshop.cedia is a good car apart from the rear.
ram
I agree,Well i know friends who have had cielos for a long time now, without any prob. And also i have a daewoo matiz thats very old..around 7 years old now, and its an awesome vehicle! i havent had a single instance of engine giving any trouble till now. And the ride quality is pretty neat for a 755 cc vehicle i must admit.
I do not agree, that Cedia has a bad rear....I think her rear side is sexy...specially wid those curved back tail lamps...evo style[] no wonder they say, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder!!!
K m going off topic! so pulling it back!
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:43   #83
Senior - BHPian

That button is for A/C On/Off. and is the same in all 3 models.
OTR Prices - Chennai (in Lakhs):
Select: 8.3
Spirit: 8.6
Sports: I think its around 8.9.
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:51   #84
VMG
BHPian

Raja: What you have mentioned is ex-show room price not OTR.
I have paied 9.6L OTR with discounts + 3rd year warranty + 3m film.
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That button is for A/C On/Off. and is the same in all 3 models.
OTR Prices - Chennai (in Lakhs):
Select: 8.3
Spirit: 8.6
Sports: I think its around 8.9.
Thanks, but I was referring to OTR prices, not Ex-SR prices. Sometime back, you said your car cost 9.3 on the road, though EX-SR price was 8.6 lacs. I guess you have a Spirit.
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:06   #86
Senior - BHPian

Folks, Pardon me..
All those I gave ar Ex-SHOW ROOM prices Chennai.

My OTR price for Spirit was 9.3 Lakhs...

Sorry again... (Guys here are so quick replying, they gave me no time to correct myself.. )

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 23rd November 2007 at 13:08.
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:13   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks, Pardon me..
All those I gave ar Ex-SHOW ROOM prices Chennai.

My OTR price for Spirit was 9.3 Lakhs...

Sorry again... (Guys here are so quick replying, they gave me no time to correct myself.. )
Pardoned
So that would make the other two models around 70K more than their Ex-SR prices, right?
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

Yes... around 70K. Insurance cost is based on Basic price and it would be a bit more for Sports and a bit less for the Select...
Old 25th November 2007, 02:04   #89
BHPian

About Cedia ALPG

Hi Chief

Good to hear ur cedia story.. i m planning to buy cedia Sports(aussies Yellow) with ALPG option. need ur help too to understand the real mileage of cedia and also the real performance/service in chennai.

you can mail me at deepanonline@yahoo.co.in

Note from Mods - Please do not quote entire post, quote only to what you want to refer to!

Last edited by ajmat : 26th November 2007 at 09:38.
Old 25th November 2007, 10:42   #90
BHPian

Thanks

Firstly, sorry guys for the delay in reply, Been really busy, thanks to samirsarkar, vasudeva, RajaTaurus, Torqueguru for your advice, this is my first car and trust me i am not into the technical part of cars, It was a real insight into where i go wrong.

Stuff i do that should not be done

1) Gear shift at over 2,500 RPM

2) Pressing the gas pedal while changing gears.

3) I have this really stupid habit of pressing the clutch while breaking even at 60, no clue why.

Other wise i dont do much of bumper to bumper traffic, i mostly travel on the Outer Ring road in bangalore, i clock about 60 KMs in travel every day from home to college / work. But yes i do idle a lot at the traffic singnals in addition to the AC being on full blast in the afternoons.

@Torqueguru: i have completed my service at 10,000 KMS. i have done 14,000 KMS so far.

I have a request to all the Team BHP Members, might sound really dumb, but it would be nice if you guys could start a post on things people new to driving should take care so that driving is a pleasure and also on how to take care of the first Car.

Thanks again guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks