Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 13:58   #121

Folks

Thanks!
I am enjoying this machine!
Raja: Thanks for the tip as my commute involves 1.5 kms of rubble road.
Yep that should help me drive smoother.
Already got a minor blemish on my car. A maniac 2 wheeler banged into the lower right hand portion of my bumper (impact was side on and he had his earphones on and was looking the other direction when he hit my car !!). It is out of alignment with the metal body by a few cms. Planning to get it fixed during first service.

Folks: Any tips on max engine/vehicle speed for first say 1K kms?

thanks
ravi
Old 25th February 2008, 14:05   #122
Team-BHP Support

The cedia sports has an elongated front bumper as well as a longer rear bumper. The select and spirit have a shorter front and rear bumper. It's not just the skirting. The bumper are different 100%.
Old 25th February 2008, 14:07   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravijag View Post
Folks

Thanks!
I am enjoying this machine!
Raja: Thanks for the tip as my commute involves 1.5 kms of rubble road.
Yep that should help me drive smoother.
Already got a minor blemish on my car. A maniac 2 wheeler banged into the lower right hand portion of my bumper (impact was side on and he had his earphones on and was looking the other direction when he hit my car !!). It is out of alignment with the metal body by a few cms. Planning to get it fixed during first service.

Folks: Any tips on max engine/vehicle speed for first say 1K kms?

thanks
ravi
Try and keep the engine RPM under 3000 and top speed under 110kph or so. Do make sure not to run the engine at constant engine speeds for too long.

The Spirit and Sports have completely different bumpers... both front and rear.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 25th February 2008 at 14:08.
Old 25th February 2008, 14:23   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The cedia sports has an elongated front bumper as well as a longer rear bumper. The select and spirit have a shorter front and rear bumper. It's not just the skirting. The bumper are different 100%.
Yeah, thats what i was also feeling when i saw the spirit and select models!!!!
Old 25th February 2008, 15:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I was under assumption theose are same, as the salesman did not give me this info.
But, the specs, say the Spirit and Select is overall 4480 mm versus, 4595 mm of Sports and that explains...

Mitsubishi Motors India
Old 25th February 2008, 15:16   #126
BHPian

Spot on! Now that settles it!
Old 9th April 2008, 00:32   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
What does that prove.

(1) you drive faster (2) Cedia does the job (3) others drive slowly (4) their cars are not upto it (5) combination of all the above.

Have you ever thought that a fast driven M800 can go easily at 100 and can overtake a conservatively driven Merc.
I agree Vasu. I don't know why so many of us get drawn in such claims. They prove absolutely nothing
Old 1st July 2009, 12:19   #128
Senior - BHPian

I've been looking for a sedan for quiet a while,but was struggling to choose between SX4 & Cedia.

called southern motors yesterday & booked for a test drive.lets see.
Getting more exited looking @ these posts.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:52   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I've been looking for a sedan for quiet a while,but was struggling to choose between SX4 & Cedia.

called southern motors yesterday & booked for a test drive.lets see.
Getting more exited looking @ these posts.
Please dont do a test-drive of cedia !!, you would fall for it and would be having an irreversible urge to own the machine
Old 11th July 2009, 17:25   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Please dont do a test-drive of cedia !!, you would fall for it and would be having an irreversible urge to own the machine
true true.. you ll certainly fall in love with the car.. its a real drivers car with features like climate control, double din screen, navigation system, leather interiors as stock and all this in Delhi for 10.3lacs.. Increadible is the word..

and then its a head turner... with SX4, you certainly get an excellent maruti suzuki service network and good after sales.. but after sales of Mitsubishi is also very good.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 11th July 2009 at 17:28.
Old 11th July 2009, 17:36   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
with SX4, you certainly get an excellent maruti suzuki service network and good after sales.. but after sales of Mitsubishi is also very good.
Mitshubishi service might be as good as Cedia, but the maintenance cost of SX4 is lower than Cedia. And the most important factor comes in, the availability of service. Suzuki has the country's widest network and almost anywhere you go you will have service center. The same is not true for Mitsubishi. Out of SX4 and Mitsubishi, of course Cedia is a better car than SX4 in many regards, but SX4 IMHO is a practical buy.
Old 11th July 2009, 17:52   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Mitshubishi service might be as good as Cedia, but the maintenance cost of SX4 is lower than Cedia. And the most important factor comes in, the availability of service. Suzuki has the country's widest network and almost anywhere you go you will have service center. The same is not true for Mitsubishi. Out of SX4 and Mitsubishi, of course Cedia is a better car than SX4 in many regards, but SX4 IMHO is a practical buy.
certainly SX4 is value for money with good after sales support and low maintenance cost is low. SX4 here in delhi costs around 8lacs (zxi with leather interiors) and cedia 10.3lacs. Cedia's maintainence cost is higher than sx4 but not a lot. I recently got my 30k service done and it costed me around Rs. 1800. The parts of cedia are also expensive as compared to SX4 but they also last more than that of sx4. this doent mean that SX4's is not reliable... its a damn reliable car but cedia has a much better built and more reliability.

in between.. Suzuki's country wide network can never be questioned.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 11th July 2009 at 17:56.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

There are many myths propagated by various sources even about Parts prices.
Of course, Suzuki's service has the reputation around the country.
My car is completing 2 years in Sept end. Service-wise, they take the car from my home or office, do the service and deliver it back to me the same day.
If you are travelling around counry-wide frequently, requiring service at various placess, then SX4 is better option. I myself can sure come back to Chennai for my car's service and I prefer to get the servicing done at the same dealer, where I know the people and they now the car.
Again, SX4 is sure a practical buy, whereas I have explained what I liked better in Cedia compared to SX4 in my first post.
Old 13th July 2009, 11:24   #134
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Maya Motors have been excellent. As I explained in my other post about the peculiar problem that came in my car, they did it free of cost. They sent the mechanics with steering wheel assembly to my office and replaced it right there.
I think I cant ask for more...
See details in this thread..
Old 13th July 2009, 11:30   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Two things we generally are kind of obssessed with.. - Mileage and Maintenance Costs.. Though both are highly dependent on how the car is being used, we tend to link these two to the car manufacturer or dealer. When I bought Cedia, I din't ask him what is the mileage. And I never gave my car to anybody else to even take a test drive in these 20+ months. I have always requested the same driver from Maya Motors to take my car for service and deliver it back.
It all depends how you want to use the car...
I spend about Rs.2000 per month on Petrol and about the same every 6 months on service. No other "maintenace costs" was incurred... Thats perfect for me...

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 13th July 2009 at 11:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks