Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingadalli View Post
Just check my height and imagine me driving Scorpio with rarely reaching the clutch, breaks, accelerator when I pull the seat totally in front.
Does'nt this model of Scorpio have a height adjustable driver seat ?

I know how you feel. I bought the Safari EX model mainly because of the height adjustment.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:46   #17
BHPian

No, This model does not have height adjustment, Nor does it have the lumber jack(I guess I used the right word here. I meant to refer the support for lower back) support.

Cheers!!!
Prakash
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The whole wheel had truned into black. I called the dealer and he said that it is expected to trun black.
If thats true then I'm Neil Armstrong.

Quote:
I am not sure If I can really trust Tyretronics. Everytime I checked I used to get different reading in the the dash board and in the actual reading in the petrol bunk.
Actually, an onboard TPMS is known to be more accurate than a commercial tyre gauge. If I were you I'd trust the TPMS readings more than the petrol bunk's gauge readings.

Nice to read abt an owner's first-hand long-drive review of the m-Hawk.
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nor does it have the lumber jack(I guess I used the right word here. I meant to refer the support for lower back) support.
Lol, its called lumbar support, I think a lumberjack is a guy who chops trees
Old 22nd January 2008, 13:59   #20
BHPian

Lumberjack means Feller of trees.

But I know what you mean. You meant Lumber support. Lumber indicates lower back region.

Thanks anyway for the info. Didi not get it on the Mahindra-scorpio site.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Anyways, our first Mhawk reportee, good writing.

Guys lets ignore the other things and focus on the ownership reports.

Prakash, please keep updating this thread as you go forward and add on more KM's with your Mhawk.
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

Congratz Prakash. I somehow love the new scorpio, though i havent driven it, i see the dealer guys having their fun taking a 90 deg turn in front of my office and i observe (visually itself) that the body roll has come down compared to previous gen.

Its a new car and report the issues at first service and all of it should be fixed.

happy motoring.
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:21   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratz Prakash. I somehow love the new scorpio, though i havent driven it, i see the dealer guys having their fun taking a 90 deg turn in front of my office and i observe (visually itself) that the body roll has come down compared to previous gen.
Quite a few of those who reviewed the car have said the same thing.
M&M got it right this time, or can it be attributed to the lighter engine?
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:44   #24
BHPian

Yeah, It is very true when it come to handling the vehicle. Before I bought the vehicle I did a test drive atleast 6+ times before I finally decided. I did the test drive of both the older 2.6 Version SLX and the mHawk. With mHawk, I could just drive it as a Car with absolutly full control at 80 Kmph in the city on the inner ring road. It basically means that either I am a very good driver or the Scorpio has improved a lot. But mind you, if you think about breaking, beware, It is still not that very smooth and there will be a lag of a meter in high speed.

But the handling was good enough for me to go for mHawk and I am pretty happy to be driving NH4, NH13 and totally off roads. I also was forced to drive in the fields for 500 mters as one of the roads was blocked and I just loved it.
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:21   #25
BHPian

Nice first report of the MHawk. The frills, including the cruise control will be useless after the initial charm. ABS & the new 2.2 engine is the attraction but still cant digest that 11.2 lakhs for a scorpio. 13kmpl is a decent mileage for scorpio.

The gear lever vibration is a part of scorpio & the only thing you can do about it is to keep your legs away from it or you can experience a nice feeling of "shock" once in a while .

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Actually, an onboard TPMS is known to be more accurate than a commercial tyre gauge. If I were you I'd trust the TPMS readings more than the petrol bunk's gauge readings.
Even the Autocar review says about the inaccuracy of the onboard tyre pressure gauge in scorpio.

Last edited by mansidea : 22nd January 2008 at 16:22. Reason: used tyre instead of tyre pressure
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, This model does not have height adjustment, Nor does it have the lumber jack(I guess I used the right word here. I meant to refer the support for lower back) support.

Cheers!!!
Prakash
@prakash... This is dissapointing... I would even call it short changing the customer. Lack of essentials like lumbar support and seat height adjustmant is unforgiveable in a car tha costs 11 lakh rupees!
And seriously, like you said half of the stuff doesnt work properly, what the point, other than to glorify the spec sheet. Its grossly over priced for a Scorpio.
What about rear view mirrors... are they electric like the one's on Safari?

Nice review there. Waiting to hear more on it as you pile on miles. Happy SUVing.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 22nd January 2008 at 16:40.
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:34   #27
BHPian

No, The Side mirrors in Scorpio are manually operated with the ugly knob on the sides. The center rear view mirror is Antiglare and this mirros embed's the display for parking sensor.

Also comming to the scoop which they say functional. I felt sad when I opened the bonnet. I saw lot of dust just after one long drive. Though they say that the scoop is enabled to suck air for cooling engine, it also sucks lots of dust. I hope the dust does not get inside the engine.
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:58   #28
BHPian

Hi Lingsdalli. Congratulations on your new buy and the 'eventful' long drive.

My cousin bought the first generation 2.6DX in 2002 and I drove it. The gearknob vibration was the first thing to piss me off. Somehting that costed ~8 lacs, should not have a gearknow that makes you feel you are driving a not-so-refined vehicle. I am sad that they still haven't improved.

Anyway, enjoy the power and get your brakes checked. I wouldn't even expect the wheels of my old zen to turn black after a 3 hour continous assault on the Delhi-Jaipur highway. Your dealer is talking crap IMHO!
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> scoop is enabled to suck air for cooling engine, it also sucks lots of dust. I
> hope the dust does not get inside the engine.

That will be taken care of by the air filter. The cool air is for the intercooler.

Does the button on the dashboard work now to open the fuel lid? The ignition has to be on for it to work, I think.
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Does the button on the dashboard work now to open the fuel lid? The ignition has to be on for it to work, I think.
Well, it does work now. My driver fixed it for me. One of the advantages of having a good driver. The ignition need not be on for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks