Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 17:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Deepak. Thats one car that you will enjoy a lot on highways!
Old 28th January 2008, 17:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!! enjoy your ride.

If you push the dealer too much on time/date and as you told there was a delay, the dealer will overcommit and not deliver as per expectations. The only place they can make up is a quick PDI.

Give them a day or 2 after actual arrival of stock if you want everything to done in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
1. One of the Great Shock - Vehicle was manufactured in Dec 2007

Its come from their stocks, it takes a month or 2 in new year to get a newly manufactured one.

2. One more Shock - In the manual PDI date was 12 Jan 2008 & it that it was overwritten on Nov 2007 date.

Could be a manual which they perhaps tried to use earlier.

3. No Wheel Alignment - Vehicle drags to the right - Full hand pain.

Go back to the dealer and ask him to send their driver along with you to the service station for immediate correction. (you should accompany them).

Give this feedback when TATA calls you.

4. Yet to recieve the promised gifts like Bull Bar & mats.

Dont bother they will give whats promised. Just followup.

5. Some sound from steerin when turned complete right

Hissing sound is normal

6. Engine sound above 2 rpm

Grinding/clutter noise is normal, goes away after some 600-700 km run.

Some of the questions to my friends:

1. Does the manufacturing date matter? its hardly one month difference.

Your RC book will have the manufacturing date. Model considered while resale will be 2007.

2. Do i need to change the tyres? Inspte of having ABS

ABS and tyres are two different things, a lot is available to read here.

3. Which bulbs i need to change? the OEM is not sufficient

whats your night/ overnight highway driving frequency/ hours on a monthly average.

4. Which Horn i need to change? the OEM is not sufficient

Safari OEM horn seems good enough for cities, unless you want to scare people.

5. I dont know whether PDI is done or not, how do i confirm?

They've stamped the book, so its done, use the checklist here and point it out to them, if something is missing.

6. Is it advisable to put luggage carrier on the top?

Depends upon your need, the back has enough space for luggae unless your family is big.

Anyways, i am happy with the vehicle.

Thats what matters

Last edited by dadu : 28th January 2008 at 17:08.
Old 28th January 2008, 20:07   #18
BHPian

Hi,welcome to the safari club.Its nice to own a safari
Old 28th January 2008, 20:14   #19
BHPian

Hi,
My safari 2.2 gives me 10.9 kmpl with indian oil - xtramile in city and 11kmpl with turbojet on highways.Now, i have topped my fueltank with reliance.Please advise whats the best kmpl we can get from safari 2.2?
Old 29th January 2008, 09:51   #20
BHPian

Does anyone know, as to what "Diesel are we authorised to fill" in the truck???

I am pretty confused as to people say that normal diesel shud do good as the high speed diesel contains additives. Appreciate a advice from the "horse mouth" pls.
Old 29th January 2008, 11:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the truck Deepak. IMHO, stay away from the over head luggage rack. Why make an already top heavy vehicle even more so? It'll just add up to the C of G.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:08   #22
BHPian

Enjoy your new bull power. IMHO to check PDI is done or not check your service book the first service (PDI) coupon must have been torned off with date and everything mentioned. Although you may check your problems at first free service too. But my suggesstion is dont request, just force dealer to check everything which they should do, no matter how many times you need to vehicle to service center.

My suggesstion to all is "Never take delivery of vehicle in hurry, give atleast a day time to check everything & PDI."
Old 29th January 2008, 16:01   #23
BHPian

Congrats Deepak for your purchase.
1.) Please dont put that carrier on top. It will not only kill looks of your safari but will also impact the image of safari as a whole

2.) Full steering hissing noise is common and is completely ok

3.) I dont think there is any need to change the tyres. Its bridgestone tubeless and perfect for the beast

4.) Dates dont matter much but if you waited till 25th Jan, I would have suggested a 2008 make vehicle. It should not matter much in your case as the invoice date will be 2008 anyways.

congrats and enjoy the pride...
Old 29th January 2008, 16:36   #24
BHPian

guys....have you checked out the latest carryboy carrier...it is very sleek, looks sporty & defnitely better than the conventional innova/ scorpio carriers
Old 29th January 2008, 17:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Deepak on the purchase! Its big BULL for sure very comfortable vehicle in bad road, I simply love it

Make sure you sort out small issues you noticed very soon. My few suggestions:

1. Dec. 2007 manufacture would affect resale value little bit If the person is not kind enough to respect your vehicle about getting it registering it in 2008 Jan. Since you have booked it in Dec. 2007 they would have blocked the vehicle in that monthitself so you got Dec. 2007 unless you specifically told TATA that you need Jan 2008. but don't worry as of now why worry about it.

2. about wheel alignment make sure its done right away.

3. tyre upgrade is not worth because it has already bridgestone tubeless.

4. upgrade to phillips ralley H4 90/100 bulbs.

5. Stay away from horn upgrade may be put extra horn if you need and make sure you won't land up with warranty issues by adding new electricals.

6. Safari looks awasome without Luggage carrier and innova looks better with Luggage carrier.

Hope these help you. Enjoy your ride! My favorite color! Safari looks very nice with thsi color and black.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th January 2008, 17:41   #26
BHPian

Congratulations !!!

I too have booked my Pearl White Safari from Manipal. Expecting the delivery this weekend.

Enjoy your ride, with all the problems rectified...
Old 31st January 2008, 15:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
4. upgrade to phillips ralley H4 90/100 bulbs.
Everybody is suggesting H4 90/100. But as I understand, this cannot be fit in the original holder. you need to go for a separate cut out which means the wires have to be cut. This will again hamper the warranty.

Is there any other way ? Yesterday I replaced my 90/100 with the orginal 55/65 as water had entered the headlight and the manipal service center guys said that if you go for a separate cut out, and tamper the wires then the warranty is void and the orginal holder cannot take this bulb directly and it will burn
Old 2nd February 2008, 18:44   #28
BHPian

The dealer accepted that it was Dec 07 manufactured vehicle.....& also came to know that the vehicle PDI was done 10 days before the delivery.

Also came to know that the vehicle was booked for an VIP, and due to some un avoidable circumstances the vehicle was cancelled & alloted to me.
As it was alloted for an VIP, there was an extra care taken and a detailed PDI was done.

Now, am satisfied that the PDI is done for the vehicle. But still i have raised a complaint with Tata motors saying the Sales had lied a lot before delivery the vehicle.

Regards
Deepak
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Also came to know that the vehicle was booked for an VIP, and due to some un avoidable circumstances the vehicle was cancelled & alloted to me.
As it was alloted for an VIP, there was an extra care taken and a detailed PDI was done.
I don't know the truth but thats the crap they give to impress buyer and hide small issue and delays.

anyway Congratulations on your beast, this is one lovely vehicle I always want to own. Hope will own in in 2008
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:21   #30
BHPian

This information was given from a third party...it was not from sales/PDI team.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks