Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 16:54   #46

Dear M3_07

As a special case and in my case only Tata Motors supplied a vehicle directly to me that they themselves told me that first time in Tata Motors history we are suppling a vehicle directly to a customer, they made a great help to me, they are the people who made my dream come true and I really appreciate their GM, + 2 more Sr. Executives for their whole-hearted support and assistance in getting me my Dream Vehicle Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 Quartz Black.

I will sum-up the story here

We have decided to buy the vehicle in August 2006 (ONAM Season) accordingly we have approached RH Motors, Calicut, negotiated and placed our Order with a DD of Rs. 1 lakh as advance deposit. They kept the order with them for 2 weeks and encashed the DD. Thereafter they came back and asked for 100% payment in advance to place their order on Tata Motors for the vehicle, we turned them away. Secondly we approached Koyenco Autos-Calicut in December 2006 (to avail X-mas and year end rebate/discount) and placed our order with a Rs. 1 lakh DD. Same way they also they kept my order with them for 3 weeks, encashed the DD and finally return to me and said that Tata Motors stopped manufacturing Safari Petrol, Quartz Black colour is stopped and so on. Thereafter, Koyenco-Cochi Representative contacted us and accepted our order and the DD for Rs. 1 lakh and promised to deliver the vehicle in 30 days. They also played the same drama and utilized my money for their needs for a month and came back and told that TATA Motors stopped manufacturing Safari Petrol Vehicles and if you need Safari Dicor, we can supply it. I said I do not need your service anymore and asked to return my Deposit. When all my attempts (total 4 attempts) with TM dealers failed, and lost all my hopes to get my dream vehicle starting fading, in May 2007, I have directly contacted the General Manager of Tata Motors Ltd. Mr.Debasis Rey in Mumbai and explained everything that I faced with their Dealers in Kochi & Calicut. He was so gentle & nice, he said sorry to me first, and instructed their Southern Divisional Incharge to take stern action on these errant Dealers for their non-cooperative attitude, mis-guiding and giving wrong information thereby tarnish the image of Tata Motors. He promised me that We (TML) will supply you your dream vehicle directly and asked me to place your order by e-mail to their Mr. Sanjay Gupta, TML, Pune indicating the Model of Safari and the colour of your choice. He specifically said no need for advance payment. We shall deliver the vehicle maximum by 20-25 days. They even asked me Calicut or Cochin near to your place Palakkad. They updated me about the progress of the vehicle manufacture and its despatch position by e-mail, and as promised they despatched the vehicle in 20 days and informed me the vehicle is arrived at Kochi Show-room and ready for delivery. Accordingly we went to Kochi, the same day Sundaram Finance Representative handed over the DD to them and TML Sales Manager handed over the key to my Wife. Gifts and Vehicle cover were already kept inside the vehicle and the vehcle was kept separately under the control of TML Sales Manager, did not allow anyone of the Dealer even to touch the vehicle, and No PDI was done on my vehicle. Thereafter TML-Pune has sent me a DD for Rs. 15,000/-as their Cash Discount. I did not bother for Cash Discount, even if I do not get any cash discount, my aim was to own our Dream Vehicle at at Cost and finally TML made my dream come true, because of them today I own Safari Petrol VXi 4x4 Quartz Black in which I really feel proud, fortunately my Vehicle is free from all defects and problems, running very well, already crossed 7000 kms approx. still it is as brand new, that that's our Heart.

Sorry for such a lengthy detail, b.cos this is an eye-opener to anyone who is facing humilition or harrassment from the dealer of their respective areas, they can directly contact Tata Motors and seek their intervention and cooperation. They are always there to help anyone who needs them badly.

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 21st February 2008, 20:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hi this is Deepak's brother Raghu

@Murali - Hey buddy enjoy ur dream vehicle and thank the Tata guys with a party to them who made ur dream come true.

We understand that b'cos The King was also our dream from the day it was launched in India - there is a say OLD IS GOLD we can come to know this by seeing The King - Tata Safari (Evergreen Vehicle)
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:06   #48
BHPian

@muralidharan

Nice writeup buddy. The TM dealers in the country are "suckers" & there however are true professionals too.

I'm sure by revving up the pedal, the first time, you would have been relieved of all the pain & agony that you have undergone. That is life for all of us - the hard way.

Drive safe & have fun!!
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

The links for my garage where our Dream is looking fascinated -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ture-1426.html

Check it out...................
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hey congrats Deepak, Raghu and Muralidharan for owning Safari. I am looking forward to own one (mostly Petrol!) by this year end.

Its awasome KING!

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 22nd February 2008 at 20:44.
Old 23rd February 2008, 09:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Hey congrats Deepak, Raghu and Muralidharan for owning Safari. I am looking forward to own one (mostly Petrol!) by this year end.

Its awasome KING!

Regards,

Ravi.
Thanks Ravi and come to the Elite group of The King - Tata Safari at the earliest and enjoy being a King
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:40   #52

Hai Friends,

Thanks to all. Just go to this site to see my Black Beast

Picasa Web Albums - Muralidharan - My Safari Pet...

Best Regards,

Murali
Old 27th February 2008, 11:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys here are some more pictures of my ride on The King

Picasa Web Albums - Raghavendra - The King - Ta...
Old 28th February 2008, 14:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

Why a Petrol Safari

Muralidharan,

I'm keen to know why you went for a Petrol Safari as opposed to a Diesel 2.2 ?

Appreciate it if you can share your criteria for selecting the petrol over the diesel motor.

Happy Motoring.

regards
Old 31st July 2008, 16:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Guys the vehicle has run 12,000Kms and nearing the 2nd Service from the T.A.S.S and a review will put up on the 12,000kms done in 6months, which i think has done a good workout for the vehicle.

Touch Wood till date never faced a problem of any type excluding the Tata trademark problems small niggles...
Old 4th August 2008, 14:23   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Guys the vehicle has run 12,000Kms and nearing the 2nd Service from the T.A.S.S and a review will put up on the 12,000kms done in 6months, which i think has done a good workout for the vehicle.

Touch Wood till date never faced a problem of any type excluding the Tata trademark problems small niggles...
I went to my dealer 2 weeks back (its been 9 months since my date of purchase) and my car has run for 13000 KMS.
The Service Advisor told me to wait till the 15K mark and then they would change the oil. However they changed the air filter and did the washing etc.
Old 13th April 2009, 12:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Guys after driving our Dream Vehicle The King - Tata Safari for more than a year and 35,000kms done, i guess long Pending LTOR needs to be written about this vehicle.

Hoping to find some time from my busy work schedule and put up a readable review(as i am a bit weak in English ) on this thread.

Last edited by gowda79 : 13th April 2009 at 12:22.
Old 24th July 2010, 14:23   #58
Senior - BHPian

Details of 5th Free Service at 62,000Kms

Diesel Engine Oil CH4 15W40 Castrol GTX Diesel - 7.7Ltr - 1,913.15
Assembly Oil Filter - 16035
Assy Fuel Filter Delphi - 1,559.47
Oil Seal - 2nos - 42.29
Gasket Fr Hub Cover - 2 - 22.91
Grease EP2 Castrol - 500gms - 96.04
Brake Oil Universal Castrol - 250gm - 74.89
Alloy Wheel Cover - 192.95
Assy Rubber Bushing (Bottom Link) - 4nos - 525.11
Tie Rod Safari RH - 852.86
Coolant Golden Cruiser Sunstar 1400M - 5Ltr - 594.70
Battery Stud - 2nos - 29.96
Insulation Tape - 14.98
R/R Tie Rod with ends for LH Tie Rod - 300
Centre Link Replacement (RR Link Rod Bush Lower Replaced) - 750
Exterior Waxoyl Treatment (Engine Flush Out Done) - 760
Hub Greasing - 900
Coolant flushed and replaced - 300
Labour - 3,402.11
Tax - 400
Total - 10,378
Old 24th July 2010, 14:39   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hoping to find some time from my busy work schedule and put up a readable review(as i am a bit weak in English ) on this thread.
Hope your work schedule has eased out after a year and a marriage later.
Also your english too would have improved by now, so why not update this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks