Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 12:51   #1
BHPian

Caught the i,finally!!!

The Search:

With a budget of 5-5.5L, wifey and myself set to buy out a car this New Year. About our self, we are new to the world of cars as our commute to work and other places was only in a bike. So all this I am going to put is in the eyes of a prospective first car buyer and in the experience of a novice in the world of automobiles.

Average Distance traveled per week: 150-200 kms.So a diesel car is out of concern. (Point learned from Team-BHP)

Requirements:

1. Safety (This was in top priority since we were newbie’s to the world of cars)
2. Comfort (With the kind of roads in our territory, I need a comfortable ride!!)
3. FE (Ofcourse, Indian head thinking here and the sky rocketing prices of fuel in India!!)
4. *** and Maintenance (With 2+ years of experience in Team-BHP, it was easy for me decide either the Maruti or Hyundai is going to fit my bill here!!)

So, after a lot of test drives and haggling with the dealers, booked the Hyundai i10 Magna Option with DSC,Chennai.Since the car is pretty new and has made it debut in India, Did not get any discounts from the dealer apart from the standard fitments, but I haggled hard to get body cover and Teflon coating done. With all set after taking a loan from a nationalized bank, the delivery date was fixed on Feb 18,2008 and boy I cannot express my happiness in words here.I was as excited as a school kid !!!!!!My first possession of four wheels!!!!

Feb 15 – Sorrow day:

On Feb 15, received a call from the dealer stating that the Deep Ocean Blue color was not available even on 18 Feb, so delivery may get delayed, but we had the option of choosing an Alpine Blue color 2008 model. Convinced everyone for the Alpine Blue Color, As I did not want to wait a long time to get my hands on the car.

Feb 16 - Inspection Day:

Fine Saturday Morning, decided to check out the model at the dealer’s yard. There she was filled with all muck and slush. Quickly noted the Chassis Number, Engine Number and also checked for interior/exterior damages. After a thorough inspection, convinced myself that the car is for me.So, decided to make the payment the same day and voila, confirmed that the date of delivery is on Feb 18, 2008.

Feb 17 – Dreamy Day:

I was dreaming all through the day only about her.Wifey suggested me to get my things packed up and was willing to arrange a stay for me at the dealership. J

Feb 18 – Delivery Follies:

Day started with a bang! The Sales Person called me and informed me that I had to get a hypothecation certificate to get the car registered. With my Bank not working on Monday I had only the option of getting it the other day and since Feb 18 was very auspicious, decided to take the car with the name board reading “For Registration”.

Took a day off @ the office and reached the dealership at around 4.30 PM.With the handy checklist provided at Team-BHP,carefully ensured that all the checks are made by me. So all set, @ 5.30, cranked her for the first time and started rolling after the customary pooja.Drove directly to a fuel station nearby and checked for tyre pressures.(Point Learned from Team-BHP)
Reached home safely and parked the car right opposite to my Lovely French Window in the Living Room, so that I can have a glare at her. Will put up the Initial Impressions soon once I get her registered and have a nice drive.

Mods, this will be a Running Report. So, please do not close the thread.

Note from Moderator: Kindly avoid using [FONT] tags

Last edited by adya33 : 20th February 2008 at 13:06.
Raajiv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th February 2008, 12:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and i10 is a Good choice.
Enjoy Buddy
Old 20th February 2008, 12:59   #3
OEM
BHPian

Congrats Raajiv

Hope to see your Magna running around in Chennai. And I can understand the school enthusiasm you just displayed. Happened to me when I took delivery of my zen 4 years back. .....My wife thought I was nuts.

Drive safe.
PK
Old 20th February 2008, 13:26   #4
BHPian

Good choice, indeed. All the best for your ownership!

i10 seems on way to becoming a popular car, i am seeing quite a few here in BLR. One of my neighbours also bought i10 magna recently. They offered me a test drive, seeing my curiosity (i think). I liked it's steering and butter-smooth gears.

Almost all the i10s I have seen are 'magna' versions - curious to know why.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:32   #5
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your new car, Raajiv.
Wouid have been better of you could put up a few pics.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:48   #6
BHPian

Buying your first ride is quite the experience, I agree. Btw, Congrats and drive safe.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:53   #7
BHPian

Congrats.Good that the forum helped you to forge your thoughts and helped for the decision.
Yeah I know what you are talking.The thrill of ownership.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:03   #8
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new ride. Drive safe and take good care of her, especially during the run-in period (point learnt from team bhp )
Old 20th February 2008, 14:05   #9
BHPian

Pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats on your new car, Raajiv.
Wouid have been better of you could put up a few pics.
Benny,

Here you go the Pics!!!

Last edited by Raajiv : 20th February 2008 at 14:09. Reason: Same Picture deleted
Old 20th February 2008, 14:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congrats on the new ride. Drive safe and take good care of her, especially during the run-in period (point learnt from team bhp )

Thanks Eddy.Am Still Playing Safe.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats !
Whats the price diff between the Era and Magna ?
Is it really worth the extra amount, i feel the Era is pretty decently equipped too.

Last edited by Sahil : 20th February 2008 at 14:11.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats !
Whats the price diff between the Era and Magna ?
Is it really worth the extra amount, i feel the Era is pretty decently equipped too.
Sahil,

I am not sure about the price of Era.I needed ABS and that was avaiable only in Magna O.So,i went and booked the same.Actually Magna is Fully Loaded sans ABS,Airbags,Spoiler,Fog Lamps,Remote Locking and Music System.

Also there are some small things like Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel,Steering & Gear Know which is found only in the Magna O.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:18   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new car, mate!!! Good to know u opted for the one with ABS. Does it have airbags too??
@ sahil, the era cannot be specified with abs.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:28   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congrats on your new car, mate!!! Good to know u opted for the one with ABS. Does it have airbags too??
@ sahil, the era cannot be specified with abs.
Yes!!There are two airbags in the front one for the driver and the other for the front seat passenger.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:42   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. I guess this is the first Magna with Option Pack on T-Bhp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks