Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 12:23   #16
BHPian

I tried New Domain, but it showed site under construction, so I tried http://www.sumogrande.com/index.html and hey presto :-)

I guess they are still building the 360 degree view and it has a Hero Honda Hunk there...

Pradeep

Last edited by pradkumar : 21st February 2008 at 12:42.
Old 21st February 2008, 13:02   #17
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
I tried New Domain, but it showed site under construction, so I tried http://www.sumogrande.com/index.html and hey presto :-)

I guess they are still building the 360 degree view and it has a Hero Honda Hunk there...

Pradeep
wow........... you made my day.

check the black grande - it looks awesome.

Home
Old 21st February 2008, 13:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
TATA surely makes some weird steering designs. I hate the one in the Indigo.
They're trying to put that "T" everywhere. IMO, thats taking it a bit toooooo far.

.....and why do designers come up with shrunk greenhouses.....making the passengers claustrophobic. I hate the way people peep out of the rear windows of a swift....like birds peeping out.

Like someone said elsewhere..."Why must there be a rising skirt line?"

-- Torqy
Old 21st February 2008, 13:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

I think those who think of buying a 4x2 Safari will now seriously look at the the top end Sumo Grande (GX). Its amazing VFM at 7.49 lakhs. Top notch features, great looks with that 2.2l engine (albeit detuned). Its seating arrangement is also highly configurable. I believe finally Tata will manage to get the personal car buyers to seriously consider the Sumo as an option.

By the way what is this Phoenix thing in this URL? Its Grande they have put in the main pic... However the Phoenix is visible in the three small frames at the bottom. Wow!!! Just see those frames. Amazing is the word. Looks like some brute American SUV. Tata is going to rock the Indian car market at this rate.

Anyone seen this URL? haa haa haaaaa
Old 21st February 2008, 14:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I think those who think of buying a 4x2 Safari will now seriously look at the the top end Sumo Grande (GX). Its amazing VFM at 7.49 lakhs. Top notch features, great looks with that 2.2l engine (albeit detuned). Its seating arrangement is also highly configurable. I believe finally Tata will manage to get the personal car buyers to seriously consider the Sumo as an option.

By the way what is this Phoenix thing in this URL? Its Grande they have put in the main pic... However the Phoenix is visible in the three small frames at the bottom. Wow!!! Just see those frames. Amazing is the word. Looks like some brute American SUV. Tata is going to rock the Indian car market at this rate.

Looks great ! The new Safari?

awesome 360 degree ... same shop for web design?
Old 21st February 2008, 14:11   #21
BHPian

Don't read too much into it. Remember that this is a website still under construction and they have all dummy images including the Hero Honda Hunk thing for 360 degree view.

Home

Pradeep
Quote:

Last edited by pradkumar : 21st February 2008 at 14:14.
Old 21st February 2008, 14:15   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When i first saw the Sump pics, i was not really inclined. It looked way better than the current one on offer, but somehow i was not fully convinced. Now, taking a look at the site, and seeing the Sumo in black (top end version), its WOW ! Looks really good for the price, and features on offer. With a good bull bar (like Carryboy), and nice alloys this one should rock. Personally, i would prefer having the spare wheel on the rear door to break the monotony of the otherwise drab rear end design.

Quote:
Old 21st February 2008, 14:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Don't read too much into it. Remember that this is a website still under construction and they have all dummy images including the Hero Honda Hunk thing for 360 degree view.
Yeah It looks like that site is still to be completed
But just to mention that bike is not HUNK but New Passion plus !!
Old 21st February 2008, 14:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

Might not look good in reality when you see the whole vehicle.(not that it looks good in pictures to me). Looks just bright.

The phoenix page shows how a good SUV would look like (Although the middle one looks like a Subaru or Ford)
Old 21st February 2008, 15:25   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great first report, V1p3r! The Grande seemingly retains the "comfort" attributes of the Old Sumo; it should because thats the car that it is based on. The new seating arrangements will only elevate this. I await a TD report to see if Tata has done anything about the road holding. Ride quality was never really a problem with the Sumo, the boatish handling was.
Old 21st February 2008, 15:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

The vehicle looks really good in black. It'll definitely give tough competition to the Scorpio.

I beleive it is too good looking for the Taxi segment.
Old 21st February 2008, 16:05   #27
BHPian

Why cant they put those roof rails? Checkout the roof-railed version here:
interior
The pics on the bottom make it look like a Palio adventure, which is not a bad thing at all Without that, it just looks like a minivan.
A little more cladding on the sides to liven up the side profile might be great.

250Nm from 1750 RPM? Revenge of the taxi drivers...
Old 21st February 2008, 16:13   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Why cant they put those roof rails? Checkout the roof-railed version here:
interior
The pics on the bottom make it look like a Palio adventure, which is not a bad thing at all Without that, it just looks like a minivan.
A little more cladding on the sides to liven up the side profile might be great.
And you thought that pic on the bottom was the new Sumo? Wishful thinking.
Old 21st February 2008, 17:26   #29
BHPian

wow they also have the price list out. starting at 6.54 in ahmedabad. i read somewhere that the reason the launch is slated in march is to wait for any budget incentives.
and the brochure too is available.
hehe guess all companies need to be aware of Team-BHP

Last edited by Karandeep81 : 21st February 2008 at 17:28.
Old 21st February 2008, 17:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

The gx looks great value for money..
almost all of the inclusions of the safari ex
maybe a side sticker job will break the monotonous looks
but realy great vfm
safari lx, scorpio,tavera, rhino,bolero.... now to be seen in the history books.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks