Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2008, 01:49   #31
Team-BHP Support

Got delivery of the new Black Logan 1.4 today. Drove it for more than 100 Kms today and IMO at 4.8 lacs onroad this is a very good vfm.
Old 30th March 2008, 03:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

How did you like the Logan? In terms of performance and handling?
Old 30th March 2008, 09:58   #33
Senior - BHPian

LOGAN,anyways thank god that he got a black one.Thats the best color for a logan.Why did he chose a logan after all the deliberations on the palio?
ram
Old 31st March 2008, 10:35   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
How did you like the Logan? In terms of performance and handling?
The Logan has one great USP and that is space inside. It may be ugly but once inside it pampers you with space and comfort. The seating position is also quite good with good lumbar support. The engine is a bit on rougher side compared to the Jap ones. The ORVMs are very small compared to the size of the car. Since the car is going through the running in period I have not driven it hard, so cannot comment on performance or handling. But IMO it has not felt sluggish till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai
LOGAN,anyways thank god that he got a black one.Thats the best color for a logan.Why did he chose a logan after all the deliberations on the palio?
yup, Black Logan is somewhat better looking than the others. There were several reasons for him not choosing the Palio. The main one being the inability of the Tata dealers to convince him about the features of the Palio. On a test drive all the praises about Palio came from my side and at one point it was difficult to understand who the salesperson was . If this sort of attitude continues I doubt how many 1.6s will be sold unless a buyer is hell bent upon buying one. The Tata sales guys have zero convincing power. On the other hand the behaviour of the Mahindra guys were exemplary to say the least and I too have been overwhelmed by their behaviour.
Old 31st March 2008, 11:05   #35
BHPian

[quote=BlackPearl;777486]The Logan has one great USP and that is space inside. It may be ugly but once inside it pampers you with space and comfort.quote]
Now he can carry the entire world with him and not only his cousin, when he goes for a long drive
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:59   #36
Team-BHP Support

One thing I fail to understand about Logan is that why Mahindra has given only 2 valves per cylinder. IMO the roughness of engine is due to that. My three year old Baleno engine sounds exceptionally smoother when compared to the Logan.

P.S. - @Mods, can this thread please be renamed to a running report on Logan 1.4 GLE?
Old 2nd April 2008, 23:59   #37
BHPian

Since you said he is inlined towards the palio ask him to check out new Palio 1.3JTD.THe engines sounds decent.
Old 6th April 2008, 00:57   #38
Team-BHP Support

I am finding it increasingly difficult to drive the Baleno and the Logan alternatively. The two cars are extremely different. All the controls on the Logan are in the opposite side and the mirrors cannot be adjusted internally. Its a pain to adjust the left hand side mirror as the car is very very wide and I have to stretch myself a lot.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 6th April 2008 at 01:01.
Old 8th April 2008, 02:21   #39
Team-BHP Support

Clocked 580 Kms in a week and the FE turned out to be 12.87 kmpl with 90 % AC.
Old 8th April 2008, 03:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Got delivery of the new Black Logan 1.4 today. Drove it for more than 100 Kms today and IMO at 4.8 lacs onroad this is a very good vfm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Since you said he is inlined towards the palio ask him to check out new Palio 1.3JTD.THe engines sounds decent.
He already bought a Logan.
Old 8th April 2008, 07:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Oey BP, when do we get to see the car?
Old 8th April 2008, 12:50   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Oey BP, when do we get to see the car?
any day you want preferably at night, but I can't understand why you would want to see a Logan 1.4 !! its not your cup of tea

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks