Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 16:49   #16
BHPian

Congrats Ashudeep, on the new car. Do keep posting your feedback. About the turning radius, I will get used to it. I upgraded from an 800 to a Petra, and now I hardly think about it. I just know that on some roads I am going to create a traffic jam by trying to do a u turn, and so be it. I shall live with the honks from other irate road users. The car is too interesting otherwise.
Old 7th April 2008, 16:55   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the car. love the new variant.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
The only problem I faced is with the high turning radius and had to try repeats after repeats to fit the car in a tight spot . I think it has to do with lack of judgment as was driving the car for long after having driven Santro and M 800 for long.
Dont worry about that. Thats a Palio trademark - Though it has Tank like build quality, it has the turning radius of a trailer truck. I have been embarrassed so many times while taking a U turn

Also, Looking at the way some people are taking cheap shots at anyone who buys a Palio, I suggest you first get an essential accessory for the Palio - Lemon and green chillies tied up to ward away the evil eye.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Also, Looking at the way some people are taking cheap shots at anyone who buys a Palio, I suggest you first get an essential accessory for the Palio - Lemon and green chillies tied up to ward away the evil eye.
Ditto.... though pot shots would be more like it.
Aushdeep keep us updated on the performance. Enjoy.
Old 8th April 2008, 14:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I didn't know we have superstitious people here!

Anyways, congrats on the Purchase aushdeep, and enjoy the Tank and those doors that close with a "reassuring thud".
Old 8th April 2008, 14:24   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
spadival : Thats a Palio trademark - Though it has Tank like build quality, it has the turning radius of a trailer truck. .
The tank-like build quality seems to have been carried over to the turning radius too ! Not the battle tank, I'm talking of tankers here
Old 9th April 2008, 02:27   #22

Hi Friends, Apologies for not having followed up, was a bit busy with work. Thanks a ton for your suggestions, they really helped

Have now driven the car a little over 200KM and it feels good. took it on a bit longer stretch on the highway and it really is fast still kept the speed less than 90 for major part and only once touched 120. The braking of the car is too good as would have hit a truck who turned without indicating and the distance was quite less but the brakes were good enough to decelerate within seconds frm 120 - 30. The car handled well thanks to the brakes. Everything else was comfortable but then thought to drive a bit slow cause had i missed would have hit for sure.

I got extended warranty slip for the car and it states 150000 km or 3 years whichever is earlier. It shows the confidence of Fiat on the Product.

A couple of friends test drove the Car and one has booked for him too post that, this trend seems assuring.

Will post the pics soon. Thanks for following up on the thread.
Old 9th April 2008, 08:43   #23
BHPian

Congrats ausdeep........i also took delivery of my palio multijet SDX on Monday.......driven around 130 kms........must say nice car to have after my santro.
Old 9th April 2008, 09:10   #24
BHPian

Congrats ausdeep........i also took delivery of my palio multijet SDX on Monday.......driven around 130 kms........must say nice car to have after my santro.
Old 9th April 2008, 12:47   #25
BHPian

Congrats ashudeep and vikas.Happy to know that you are enjoying your new ride.Did you find any issues with the footwell.Many bhpians have mentioned about the same.Do keep her below the stipulated rpm during the run in period.You will be rewarded in the later stages of engine life.Do keep posting more reviews
Old 9th April 2008, 12:54   #26
BHPian

Congrats Ashu & Vikas,

Enjoy the ride, be gentle with her for the first few ...umm weeks and you will be suitable rewarded in the long run.

Do keep us posted on your experiences and any issues faced with the car or A S S for everyone's benefit.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:06   #27
BHPian

Congrats to both Ashu and Vikas,
Enjoy ur ride, Great choice of car
take good care of it
Old 9th April 2008, 15:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ashudeep and Vikas on your new buy.

It really is a nice car with multijet heart. I would also suggest not to rev it high for initial 5K KMs (surely not @ 120KMPH), that practice will pay back later.....
Enjoy your drive and waiting for short term + long term ownership reviews on this one...
Old 9th April 2008, 16:05   #29
BHPian

Ketan wrote :
It really is a nice car with multijet heart. I would also suggest not to rev it high for initial 5K KMs (surely not @ 120KMPH), that practice will pay back later.....

Run in period for 5K ---A Myth or Reality ????

My take is MYTH

Though car makers won't say they have run-in period for their cars.

I think being careful on rev and top speed for first 500-1000 km is more than enough to get all sub systems smoothly operating.

Ausdeep,, I look forward for your detailed report on MultiJet engine of Palio..
ENjoy the car, good choice.

cheers
Anju
Old 9th April 2008, 17:46   #30
BHPian

congrats both of you guys. Our forum has always been fond of the palio albeit its fiat legacy. Now with the MJD this car is only going to get more popular. Wish they plonk the MJD on the adventure and spruce up its interiors. Love the look of the estate in red and black with those pirelli's and bullbars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks