Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2008, 17:50   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
congrats both of you guys. Our forum has always been fond of the palio albeit its fiat legacy. Now with the MJD this car is only going to get more popular. Wish they plonk the MJD on the adventure and spruce up its interiors. Love the look of the estate in red and black with those pirelli's and bullbars.
They should re-launch the adventure with minor upgrade & MJD engine probably 1.9 MJD & give looks as a SUV rather then a estate.
Old 9th April 2008, 18:07   #32
Team-BHP Support

Aushdeep, the turning radius is too bad and quite annoying but I have never had any issues with parking the car with that turning radius. Its just about getting used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I didn't know we have superstitious people here!
Anyways, congrats on the Purchase aushdeep, and enjoy the Tank and those doors that close with a "reassuring thud".
Come on DCEite, I thought you knew this thread being a mod - S
Old 9th April 2008, 18:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

moralfibre i find that turning on the 1.6 is easier than the 1.2 (i drive both cars alternatively) any clues why ? additional power ?
Old 9th April 2008, 19:28   #34
Team-BHP Support

Congratz on the new car, do keep posting updates
Old 9th April 2008, 19:47   #35
BHPian

Wow!! another Palio Multijet owner on the forum. Congrats Aushdeep, indeed a very good decision there. And a nice initial review too. Regarding the turning radius thing, as Kiran(MF) said you will get used to it, may be all this while you were used to driving the petrol cars hence the difference, as petrol cars are a bit light weight too.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aushdeep View Post
The braking of the car is too good as would have hit a truck who turned without indicating and the distance was quite less but the brakes were good enough to decelerate within seconds frm 120 - 30. The car handled well thanks to the brakes.

I got extended warranty slip for the car and it states 150000 km or 3 years whichever is earlier. It shows the confidence of Fiat on the Product.
The braking is really good. I guess a tyre upgrade will help it more and make the car look much better.

Extended warranty for free? And this comes into effect after the initial 2year (?) warranty is over right?
Old 10th April 2008, 07:39   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
moralfibre i find that turning on the 1.6 is easier than the 1.2 (i drive both cars alternatively) any clues why ? additional power ?
Can't be Bottle, both have steerings that take 2.66 turns to go lock to lock and a turning circle is 10.2 m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
may be all this while you were used to driving the petrol cars hence the difference, as petrol cars are a bit light weight too.
That is immaterial. The car has a huge turning radius whether Petrol or Diesel.
Old 10th April 2008, 07:55   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
i find that turning on the 1.6 is easier than the 1.2. why ? additional power ?
No ways! It's all in the mind.

MF has explained the turning radius of both to be same. And the power can't make any difference to it.

Last edited by speedzak : 10th April 2008 at 07:56. Reason: Quote.
Old 10th April 2008, 11:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
No ways! It's all in the mind.

MF has explained the turning radius of both to be same. And the power can't make any difference to it.

unless you do do'nuts every time you want to make a turn- the extra torque of the 1.6 would certainly make a difference there
Old 11th April 2008, 14:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
That is immaterial. The car has a huge turning radius whether Petrol or Diesel.
Ooopsy!!... you are right Kiran. I mixed the two things; the driving feel (driving a petrol v/s. driving a diesel) with the turning radius..sorry for my ignorance, although it clicked to me, later i couldn't edit my post.

Cheers,
Dhaval
Old 11th April 2008, 14:22   #41
BHPian

Aushdeep: good luck and happy driving, Sir.
Old 13th April 2008, 11:51   #42

Hi Friends, Here are some pics of the car, got some accessories like music system fitted , had told the fitter specifically not to cut any wires and he did a good job. Overall am enjoying the response and the drive
Attached Thumbnails
My new Palio Multijet-picture-035.jpg  

My new Palio Multijet-picture-036.jpg  

My new Palio Multijet-picture-037.jpg  

My new Palio Multijet-picture-038.jpg  

My new Palio Multijet-picture-039.jpg  

My new Palio Multijet-picture-042.jpg  

My new Palio Multijet-picture-043.jpg  

Old 13th April 2008, 13:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

nice car aushdeep , how much did the seat covers and music system cost ? and what components did you use ?
Old 13th April 2008, 13:22   #44
BHPian

Rear wheel drive and do'nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
unless you do do'nuts every time you want to make a turn- the extra torque of the 1.6 would certainly make a difference there
Himanshu I think you would need rear wheel drive if you would want to do do'nuts or at least a very good handbrake that bites well. Front wheel drive and do'nuts do not mix.

As far as 1.6 being easier to turn than a 1.1/1.2 all other things being equal it can be done by altering the orifice in the relief valve that is present in the power steering pump. Relief valves of different sizes are available for power steering pumps which would vary the assistance available from these pumps.
Years ago for increasing power steering assistance in the luckily trouble free TATA Estate I owned, I increased the orifice diameter resulting in the ability to turn the wheel with the little finger barely touching the steering wheel but which led to jittery steering at high speed with a feeling of loss of control above 100kmph. There was increased steering pump whine too. I reverted back to the original orifice diameter after a months experimentation.
Power steering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Re: How does power-steering work?

Bye and wear your seat belts.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 13th April 2008 at 13:38.
Old 13th April 2008, 19:28   #45
BHPian

tail light?

Hi everybody
I notice that the tail light in the attached pic has a orange coloured indicator in the rear as opposed to the white ones with a orange bulb in the multijets.

Vignesh

1.2 Siena ELX

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks