Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 17:30   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Binoyb22,

Congrats man...neat beast. Alloys look good. did you update the headlights to HDI???
Whats the ICE setup in your car.

Regards,
Sajan
Thanx sajan.iam happy with the stock music system.not planning to change it.planning to change the headlights to HID.which is the best one available and how much will it cost??

Last edited by binoyb22 : 27th April 2008 at 17:38.
Old 27th April 2008, 17:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
ok.. now.. I WANT that car....

One decent red spoiler and light tints would do for me
sorry SLK..its priceless
Old 27th April 2008, 18:43   #48
BHPian

Wow man! that Alloys looks fantastic on that red beast. Feels like to lay hands on.
Old 27th April 2008, 23:08   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyb22 View Post
Thanx sajan.iam happy with the stock music system.not planning to change it.planning to change the headlights to HID.which is the best one available and how much will it cost??
Hey binoyb22,

Me too looking out for the same. by the way, have you checked out this thread, i' am looking out for these projector headlamps as it is shown on page 1 on the white Verna, got that killer looks and those awesome neon lights on the bumpers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...erna-pics.html

Regards,
Sajan.

Last edited by sajands : 27th April 2008 at 23:13.
Old 27th April 2008, 23:09   #50
BHPian

check out the front design of the car, they have almost the same grill shape but just in the change in the headlights. If the current Verna gets this headlights I guess it would look like a stunner.

Regards,
Sajan

Last edited by sajands : 27th April 2008 at 23:13. Reason: needed to add few lines
Old 28th April 2008, 09:49   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Hey binoyb22,

Me too looking out for the same. by the way, have you checked out this thread, i' am looking out for these projector headlamps as it is shown on page 1 on the white Verna, got that killer looks and those awesome neon lights on the bumpers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...erna-pics.html

Regards,
Sajan.

BUt i heard people say that neon lights are not good for long night drives?

is this correct by any means??
Old 28th April 2008, 14:58   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Wow man! that Alloys looks fantastic on that red beast. Feels like to lay hands on.

Thanx metroplis.

unfortunately you are so far away.
Old 28th April 2008, 20:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyb22 View Post
BUt i heard people say that neon lights are not good for long night drives?

is this correct by any means??
Hey man,

Not sure about that, need to check on that as xeneon lights are factory fitted on the skoda and bmw's and audi's and these cars are also driven on high-ways. I guess should hold good. Again, please do clarify with others as i'am not sure if they are good for long night drives.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 29th April 2008, 08:18   #54
BHPian

Quote:
check out the front design of the car, they have almost the same grill shape but just in the change in the headlights. If the current Verna gets this headlights I guess it would look like a stunner.

Regards,
Sajan
Verna in India can have those angel ligts? Verna's lights have a blunt edge from the indicator but this hybrid have a sharp one.
Old 29th April 2008, 16:43   #55
BHPian

Tyre pressure

Guys,

Whats the ideal tyre pressure to be maintained for verna CRDI.
i have upgraded my tyre profile to 195/60/14.
Old 2nd May 2008, 13:38   #56
BHPian

@ ripper..."also, the next time you're in cochin, will you please PM me? I'd like to see the car with the upsize, if its ok with you."

iam here in cochin.will be going back to bangalore on sunday.
ripper any idea what is the tyre pressure for verna(195/60/14)??

Last edited by binoyb22 : 2nd May 2008 at 13:39.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:48   #57
BHPian

Guys,

Done with first service and vehicle is very smooth.Getting over all FE of about 17(100%AC).
Then about high speed stability which evryone is very eager to know about.
Happy news is that verna is rock solid at 160 with 195/60/14 michelin tyres.Did this in mysore road.
Old 5th May 2008, 12:20   #58
BHPian

guys whats with this stabilty stuff??? yesterday i had taken my verna to 220kmph!!!! went for the ton!! its rock solid at 220kmph, tried this in L&T bypass road, 2.30-2.50 pm. i wanted to test the brakes, but dam, as soon i took my leg off from the pedal to brake, speed slowed to 200kmph!! then i braked as hard as i could, wheels never locked up, it came to 60kmph like crazy i thought the bonnet was nose diving into the road!!!, the car was really stable, by stabilty i mean that , we cant feel the high speed!! but things in the side of the car move backwards so fast that your eyes start to ache if you try to concentrate!! and the car never went off the lane while braking- now i know what all four disc set-up is capable off.
and for handling i switched lanes at 160-190kmph no issues there also[ but yes follow the priciples of Hydraulic power steering, more the speed more light you should be with the steering]
but yes the L&T bypass has cross winds like crazy...and yes i aint stupid enough to do zig - zag at such insane speeds, 140kmph should be the limit for that.
and here is the brake up of speeds achieved - speedo read

1st and 2nd gear - i am easy here car has done only around 19k kms!! didnt want to thrash my car,
3rd gear- 115kmph, change to 4th at around 4.3k Rpm
4th gear 145kmph, ditto
5th gear 220kmph,
its a swift pull till 200kmph , then it took around 10secs to reach 220kmph it was a level road!! so i think an inclination can achieve 220kmph at around 5 secs from 200kmph , actual speed must be around 190-200kmph!! i felt the climb to be slow(10 secs from 200-220kmph seems a bit too slow for me..lol.) . and here is the best part, my tyres are MRF ZVTS 185/60 R14 - kept the pressure at 30psi [as instructed by MGF personel , set the pressure at 30, though 32 is recomended - this info can be found on the platform of the front driver seat ] i doubt whether the tyres are rated for such a speed but hey all this happened in around 2 minutes so no worries over there, i just did it for testing top speed, thats all.
and yeah coming to mention of the brakes, its just awesome no words to describe it. the ABS never came on!! [ may be i didnt Brake Hard Enough ]
it is hell worth to pay for that 28rs toll at L&T bypass its worth it!!

the only down side is trye noise!!! blame it on the tyres but yup i kept the AC 100% fan speed -2 and the music was kept at high volume..so it didnt bother me much.

so for all the speed junkies out there Verna wont dissapoint!!.

peace out
sameel
Old 5th May 2008, 15:51   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
guys whats with this stabilty stuff??? yesterday i had taken my verna to 220kmph!!!! went for the ton!! its rock solid at 220kmph, tried this in L&T bypass road, 2.30-2.50 pm. i wanted to test the brakes, but dam, as soon i took my leg off from the pedal to brake, speed slowed to 200kmph!! then i braked as hard as i could, wheels never locked up, it came to 60kmph like crazy i thought the bonnet was nose diving into the road!!!, the car was really stable, by stabilty i mean that , we cant feel the high speed!! but things in the side of the car move backwards so fast that your eyes start to ache if you try to concentrate!! and the car never went off the lane while braking- now i know what all four disc set-up is capable off.
and for handling i switched lanes at 160-190kmph no issues there also[ but yes follow the priciples of Hydraulic power steering, more the speed more light you should be with the steering]
but yes the L&T bypass has cross winds like crazy...and yes i aint stupid enough to do zig - zag at such insane speeds, 140kmph should be the limit for that.
and here is the brake up of speeds achieved - speedo read

1st and 2nd gear - i am easy here car has done only around 19k kms!! didnt want to thrash my car,
3rd gear- 115kmph, change to 4th at around 4.3k Rpm
4th gear 145kmph, ditto
5th gear 220kmph,
its a swift pull till 200kmph , then it took around 10secs to reach 220kmph it was a level road!! so i think an inclination can achieve 220kmph at around 5 secs from 200kmph , actual speed must be around 190-200kmph!! i felt the climb to be slow(10 secs from 200-220kmph seems a bit too slow for me..lol.) . and here is the best part, my tyres are MRF ZVTS 185/60 R14 - kept the pressure at 30psi [as instructed by MGF personel , set the pressure at 30, though 32 is recomended - this info can be found on the platform of the front driver seat ] i doubt whether the tyres are rated for such a speed but hey all this happened in around 2 minutes so no worries over there, i just did it for testing top speed, thats all.
and yeah coming to mention of the brakes, its just awesome no words to describe it. the ABS never came on!! [ may be i didnt Brake Hard Enough ]
it is hell worth to pay for that 28rs toll at L&T bypass its worth it!!

the only down side is trye noise!!! blame it on the tyres but yup i kept the AC 100% fan speed -2 and the music was kept at high volume..so it didnt bother me much.

so for all the speed junkies out there Verna wont dissapoint!!.

peace out
sameel

Man 220 in verna.Too much i say because the max speed i heard for verna is 190

is it peted??

what is FE that you are getting with 100% AC.

Anyway nice colour and alloys sameel.
Old 5th May 2008, 16:02   #60
BHPian

@Sameel- where have you been Sir. There are some posts you got on Petes for Scorpio and Safari where you said Safari's engine (tech) is not good for Petes. I have been waiting for your further comments and here you are .

I am really surprised that you achieved 220 (speedo) in Verna. Could you please, confirm if its Peted? I pulled back at 195 and can guess that some more juice was left before I ran out of road but 220 was not my guess. I guessed it could probably be upto 200 speedo read. But I am very happy to read this info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks