Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 20:15   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
buddy its not just the weight the tyres also makes a difference!! and the main thing is VGT it gives more and more power as you build up the RPM in any gear,
and i do know guys with peted elantra doing a 220kmph!! but those who had put the 205 section tyre find it very difficult to move ahead after 200kmph. the peted verna will definitely go above 220kmph!!. but hey i happy and thankfull that i am still alive!! after doing a 220kmph, all you need is 10 secs roughly after 200kmph to hit 220kmph in verna. if luckyly you get an inclination then it will be reaching 220kmph before 10secs, i did get an inclination while i was at 180-190kmph, the speedo shoot down to 210 while coveing the inclination , i had to break after that.the toll booth fellows thought that i will crash through the toll . but the brakes slwed me down like anything they were all smiling at me and warned me that in the next section of the bypass Speed Patrol is there ..so i ws a good boy..lolz.
But frankly speaking the speed impressed me a hell lot!! but the braking blew me away its too good.
Are you sure that Peted Verna can go beyond 220 kmph mark? Redlining at 4,500 RPM. What was the RPM while you were at 220 kmph? Gear Ratio Supports it going beyond 210 kmph mark too?
Old 7th May 2008, 08:30   #77
BHPian

dude if my stock verna is able to go at 220kmph, dont you think its only logical that a peted verna can do something more!! .i have tried in fourth gear to redline, at 160kmph!! the RPM needle goes to 5-6k range and the engine cuts off the power ..dam!! i know its for safety..but still, so the way i see it, i was able to see the speedo at 220kmph, n then the rpm needle was howering in the 4200-4400rpm region region ..probably because it was between 4-5 k rpm around the centre..probably i touched 4.3k rpm... my guess is it can go to 5k rpm with petes box and then engine will cut off.. so a true speed of 200kmph is very much possible!!. but this is dangerous mann , i just saw the toll booth long away!! and when i braked i was just at the toll booth.
distance flies in those speeds if you know what i mean..
peace out
sameel
Old 7th May 2008, 10:31   #78
Senior - BHPian

Sameel
There will be absolutely no power and torque left in the engine at 5k rpm with or without Petes.
Old 7th May 2008, 10:42   #79
BHPian

@KPZen- please, elaborate what you wrote. In case, engine goes till 5K rpm , technically, both power and torque cannot be nil. Power may remain flat while torque may go down. Is it because you assume that beyond the redline at 5K rpm, engine will cease?
Old 7th May 2008, 10:53   #80
BHPian

@kpzen

dude i meant that with petes , its possible to atain 4.5-5krpm in 5th gear, yopu are right at 5k rpm no power and torque will be left. i was just saying that maximum speed is achieved in stock verna wtithin 4100-4400rpm in 5th gear.
now when we use a petes box the engine will have enough torque and power to take the car to 4500rpm+ around till 5k Rpm by which the engine will be cutoff for the safety of the engine!!. but still more speed will be achieved within that small 300rpm-400rpm addtionaly gained by the engine!! due to the petes box!
peace out
sameel
Old 7th May 2008, 10:56   #81
BHPian

Quote:

well my verna is stock!! and dude if you are a techie i hope you know what that VGT unit does..
it gives you optimum turbo according to your speed , but hyundai has tuned it for upper end, meaning at 200kmph[ technically at higher RPMs] turbo would be at its max. more than a normal FGT so the thing is the turbo is not fixed its variable that is at higher speeds RPMs in each gear, you get higher input pressure from turbo. thats why when you stay at 200kmph with the pedal floored it gradually in around 10secs time goes to 220kmph[coz obviously you are still getting a boost from the turbo]. it is dam exciting, but yes be carefull with the steering at such sppeds the steering is having maximum assistance.

the input we give i.e. left or right will be so magnified that if we do a turn as we do in 100kmph, the car will go off the track!! be very light, i just fethear turned the wheel to shift lanes at 160kmph+

and dude 200kmph is no big deal on a verna. its the technology the more speed you attain more boost comes to the engine which again increases speed. the principle is simple. now i know why my dad doesnt let me have this baby. but now its with me in cbe, and i am enjoin it!!.

the cars which have FGT will struglle at higher[insane speeds] coz of only fixed turbo input from a fixed RPM ..

For the steering issues you can upgrade to the Alto's Speed sensitive steering which gives lower assists at higher speeds.. Don't ask me how to do it..
Old 7th May 2008, 11:00   #82
BHPian

Good one buddy

i know its really good this EPS stuff its there in the I10 ..really good too.
verna has hydraulic power steering, notorious at high speeds haha ...
peace out
sameel
Old 7th May 2008, 16:48   #83
BHPian

Quote:
dude if my stock verna is able to go at 220kmph, dont you think its only logical that a peted verna can do something more!! .i have tried in fourth gear to redline, at 160kmph!! the RPM needle goes to 5-6k range and the engine cuts off the power ..dam!! i know its for safety..but still, so the way i see it, i was able to see the speedo at 220kmph, n then the rpm needle was howering in the 4200-4400rpm region region ..probably because it was between 4-5 k rpm around the centre..probably i touched 4.3k rpm... my guess is it can go to 5k rpm with petes box and then engine will cut off.. so a true speed of 200kmph is very much possible!!. but this is dangerous mann , i just saw the toll booth long away!! and when i braked i was just at the toll booth.
distance flies in those speeds if you know what i mean..
peace out
sameel
I was talking about the gear ratios and fuel cut off for achieving more than 220 kmph mark. If Fuel Cut off is at 5k RPM then, yes it can really do well. But we need 215 size tyres with ABS for such acts? 205 will be good enough to control it? if possible suspension work too to avoid bouncy stuff in it.
Old 7th May 2008, 17:40   #84
BHPian

better lights!!

dude it aint worth all that troble 140kmph is more than enough on our roads.. what say guys!! or you guys have ma dads view. 100kmph is more than enough!!.
all these works are done so as to achive these speeds but it aint worth the risk , i have had a crash myself at 130kmph into a tractor in my old accent, it wasnt a good thing!!. but guess my time is not up .

dude binoy what about the lights you thinking of anything?? , i have a fool proof idea change the headlights completely i meant the whole piece!! i heard you can get angel eyes from malaysia!! it would be awesome!!!
hubba hubba...

peace out
sameel
Old 8th May 2008, 10:49   #85
BHPian

Quote:

dude binoy what about the lights you thinking of anything?? , i have a fool proof idea change the headlights completely i meant the whole piece!! i heard you can get angel eyes from malaysia!! it would be awesome!!!
hubba hubba...

peace out
sameel
Iam planning to change.but if we change the whole piece will it be covered under warranty?what will bet he price of angel eyes??Are you planning for the same?if so get one for me too from malaysia.will pay u later..what say sameel
Old 8th May 2008, 10:59   #86
BHPian

warranty will be gone immediately boss , thats why i havent changed!!, angel eyes can come between 7-30k a pair of two that is with all the bulbs[pricing depends here- xenon is dam costly!!] and stuff i guess, havent thought about getting one, maybe once the warranty is over..long time for that..lol.
Old 8th May 2008, 13:14   #87
BHPian

Quote:
warranty will be gone immediately boss , thats why i havent changed!!, angel eyes can come between 7-30k a pair of two that is with all the bulbs[pricing depends here- xenon is dam costly!!] and stuff i guess, havent thought about getting one, maybe once the warranty is over..long time for that..lol.
In that case i will also change after the warranty period
Old 9th May 2008, 10:08   #88
BHPian

Quote:
dude it aint worth all that troble 140kmph is more than enough on our roads.. what say guys!! or you guys have ma dads view. 100kmph is more than enough!!.
all these works are done so as to achive these speeds but it aint worth the risk , i have had a crash myself at 130kmph into a tractor in my old accent, it wasnt a good thing!!. but guess my time is not up .

hubba hubba...

peace out
sameel
Can you show us the picture of angel eyes for verna?

How about this ?
Verna Hybrid aka Accent Hybrid
Attached Thumbnails
My new Power Beast(Verna CRDI SX ABS)-picture_accent_sr_turbo_conc_06_1.jpg  

Old 9th May 2008, 10:27   #89
BHPian

Gangsta

It looks stunning.is this angel eyes??this would be the one which costs 30k.rite sameel??

Anyways is very tempting..will get it done after the warranty period
Old 12th May 2008, 08:46   #90
BHPian

Parking Lights

Parking light is on till the key is in the ignition.when i remove the key from ignition parking light goes off.
Is it happening in for all the vehicles(verna) or is just with me.

I have seen most of the vehicles will still have the parking lights on even if the keys are removed from the ignition.

Your thoughts on this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks