Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2008, 11:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

any figures about the FE in initial period? And by the way, whats the expected FE of this car?
Old 29th April 2008, 12:54   #32
BHPian

Hey Sush..
Congrats for the purchase ..
How many kms have u clocked on the odo ?
Pix plz.. we r waiting to know the average as well !!!

Mod's Note: Usage of SMS lingo in posts is an immediate violation of the board rules. Please start typing full words rather than taking shortcuts.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th April 2008 at 17:51.
Old 29th April 2008, 20:13   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
any figures about the FE in initial period? And by the way, whats the expected FE of this car?
Just Hold on , till mine reaches 1000 Kms! Currently 825 Kms.
Old 29th April 2008, 20:16   #34
BHPian

Expected FE is 15-20 Kpl in City (Depends on many factors) and 18 - 25 Kpl on Highwayfor Diesel.
For Petrol 1.6 it is 13 Kpl in city and about 16+ on highway.
Old 30th April 2008, 09:47   #35
BHPian

Mine had clocked 280 Kms so far. The average that the car's meter is showing is 10.5 but I would prefer the tank full to tank full method.
I am planning to calculate the mileage once the car completes 1000 Kms.

Will post the pics soon. I have been a bit lazy on that front.
Old 1st May 2008, 09:08   #36
BHPian

Request to Long time Logan ownners:

What is the Gear Shift Speed for each gear in Logan? That is not mentioned in theOwners Manual. I do it this way: Low to next higher shift at 2000 rpm. Is that good enough? Mine is Diesel version.

Sorry I missed out one info in that request.

Last edited by ajmat : 1st May 2008 at 13:39.
Old 4th May 2008, 17:26   #37
BHPian

Guys, here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Why I bought Logan 1.6 GLS (Petrol)-03052008002.jpg  

Why I bought Logan 1.6 GLS (Petrol)-03052008003.jpg  

Why I bought Logan 1.6 GLS (Petrol)-03052008009.jpg  

Why I bought Logan 1.6 GLS (Petrol)-03052008005.jpg  

Why I bought Logan 1.6 GLS (Petrol)-03052008.jpg  

Old 4th May 2008, 19:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Mine had clocked 280 Kms so far. The average that the car's meter is showing is 10.5 but I would prefer the tank full to tank full method.
I am planning to calculate the mileage once the car completes 1000 Kms.

Will post the pics soon. I have been a bit lazy on that front.
Hey Sush, Congrats on your new Car..Its sure a VFM package. The pics looks great!

Modern cars dont need a run-in period. Having said that, it is also a good practise not to redline until 10,000 kms.. 2 different theories..anyways..happy driving.
Old 4th May 2008, 21:26   #39
BHPian

Congrats on all the folks who have got Logans recently.

Are any of you planning on any accessories ? I think getting a good art leather (if not leather) foam padded seat cover would increase the comfort.

So far among the car's that I have sat in, I found the comfort of the seat in a Mitsubishi Cedia has been awsome. Wonder if a custom made seat cover can give you the same level of comfort.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:40   #40
Senior - BHPian

Good luck with your new car and Godspeed to you, but i do have a question. We spend most of the time inside our cars. How on earth could you spend your hard earned money on a car with a dash/console as is in the Logan?. I cannot fathom spending my driving time staring at such a waste of space.I've never seen a cheaper quality plastic on any other car in my life (Yugo included) and one that is void of any redeeming design feature, including utility. Sorry, but that is my opinion and i'm sticking to it. Are Indians that 'paisa vasool' conscious?.

I would have thought that the younger generation of Indians have leaped over the 'deprivation decades' mentality of our peers. Judging by their acceptance of the Logan and their willingness to pay almost twice as much as what the same car sells for in Romania, i doubt it. We will have to wait for the next generation, i guess.Nothing personal so no offense, i hope, but the above is my anguished observation. The dash in the Logan is ghastly, to say the least.
Old 5th May 2008, 00:04   #41
BHPian

Maruti iCATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
One valueable thing we get with Logan irrespective of the model we choose is the Engine immobilizer that prevents anyone with a duplicate key to drive your car away! In other makes one has to pay for it!
How is this different from Maruti's iCATS? It is available on all Marutis.

Is it true that Ford, Honda and Toyota also have engine immobilizers across all models?

I quote in part from the link below:

Maruti To Introduce iCATs | Top News

iCATs (intelligent Computerized Anti-Theft system) works on the principle of multiplexed communication where an inbuilt transponder, into the car key, carries a unique electronic identification and a secret code that digitally communicates with the engine computer via a controller. The car engine starts only if the secret code matches thus preventing the car from being stolen.

Following the European Union way of employing hi-tech anti-theft devices in cars, the largest Indian car manufacturer, Maruti Udyog, is set to introduce the immobilizer system, iCATs, across all its models.

The immobilizer concept is still not compulsory in India, but car manufacturers now understand the need of this digital protection because of the rising numbers of car thefts and the low rate of recovery. Toyota Motors, Honda Siel Cars India Ltd and Ford Motors already have immobilizer fitted into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
Thanks to all of you for your best wishes.
Rajneeesh, when I test drove aveo 1.4, fiesta 1.4 and logan 1.6 at moderate speeds (40-60) I felt that Logan showed more urgency in accelerating. After multiple test drives I felt that despite it's weight, it had more pulling power. In aveo and fiesta I felt a slight drop in power when the AC was switched on. I didn't feel it in logan 1.6.
Did you test drive the Maruti DZiRE? It is another VFM car.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:05   #42
BHPian

Ditto Murugan. The immobilizer in Logan is the same as Maruti. It also has a embedded electronics in the key head (embedded in the palstic head) that needs no seperate power (Like the access control cards). It gets power from the RF signals of the transponder (The Circular ring around the key hole in logan) as well as it decodes the siganal and responds to the quiry regarding its 12 byte id number imediately after ignition and at frequent time intervals. The transponder sends it to the Engine Computer and if there is no reply or the code is wrong the engine will stop running in two seconds from then. A very good anti theft mechanism and the only hitch is that dont miss the key and have duplicate safe.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:06   #43
BHPian

Congrates. Great pics. Very good colour choice. Attractive.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I cannot fathom spending my driving time staring at such a waste of space.
That's great because you are not supposed to stare at the dash/space while driving your car.

You are right about the quality of plastics etc but when I wrote down my priorities before buying a car, a beautiful dash was not one of them.

It's easier to comment about the Indian mentality but one has to live with one's budget. I really like Honda Civic and the new Optra but that does not mean that I go ahead and buy one of them. I don't have that kind of budget.

You also spoke about the hard earned money. You should understand that if someone is investing his/her money on some xyz car then its definitely based on some priorities.

I have one more piece of advice to all my friends who are settled abroad. Please stop comparing the prices and quality of cars in other countries and India.
Old 5th May 2008, 11:35   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Did you test drive the Maruti DZiRE? It is another VFM car.
I didn't, because a petrol test drive car was not available

Moreover, our family has already owned lot of cars from the Maruti and Hyundai stables. I wanted a change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks