Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2008, 18:09   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Just enquired price of i10 today in Agra. After Discount's & Free Insurance - OTR Price of i10 Magna is close to 4 Lacs. Sweet deal isn't it ?

i10 Magna only 4L??? It is extra sweet !!!

If I had got that discount, I would have increased my ICE budget by 50K more!!!!

Congrats!!!.

So far my experience has been nice, good A/C, Steering feedback is
good and love the way the handling gets stiff for more than 50 KMPH or so.

What I hate is the glare on the windscreen 'coz of the Beige interiors. Trust me, it is really irritating and I am getting an headache. Also the A Pillar is kind of obstructing, like the Civic.

Also the seat inclination lever is on the Left for Driver and Right for the co-passenger. This is totally opposite and I am finding it difficult.
Old 19th May 2008, 23:44   #32
BHPian

Nice car. So much better than the Santro. Good choice.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Had a brief test drive of the i10 on NH-8 the other day. Here is a comparison with WagonR (the car I have been driving for 4 years).

Where the i10 scores above the wagonR:
- Excellent AC. Really good. And its far less noisy than the WR’s.
- Interiors are the USP of this car. I need not say much, it’s a well known fact. Quality of plastics on dashboard is far better than the Wagonr or for that matter even the Santro.
- Good all round visibility. ORVMs are big and you get a clear picture of whats behind.
- Performance is slightly better at the lower end, first gear being particularly good (a.l.a Santro).
- Build quality is also much better than the WR. There is a good thud when closing the doors. Panel gaps are minimal compared to the Marutis.
- High speed stability. Was much stable and grounded than the WagonR at speeds above 80kmph.

Where the WR equals or better than the i10
- Absense of cubbyholes. I calculated and it’s a surprising figure of 6 small cubbyholes which are missing in the i10 when compared with WR. The dashboard sloping towards driver can’t hold any stuff either.
- Whiney engine. The engine noise intrudes the cabin at higher revs, much like the WR. (and very unlike Spark).
- Gear shift. Though its still better than WagonR, its notchy and has long throws. I was expecting Getz like gearshift, but was disappointed.
- Lesser boot space.
- Lesser headroom
- Weak handbrake
- Ride quality specially at rear is very similar to WagonR, again, the Spark beats all here.

All in all, it’s a good car. There is a feel good factor when you step inside it. IMO, Hyundai needs to lower the price a little bit and improve the Handbrake issue asap.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
All in all, it’s a good car. There is a feel good factor when you step inside it.
Perfect summation of the car! All my friends who sat in my car for the first time said that the interiors are lovely and it feel good to sit (ambiance).

Btw, my second milage check also returned the same figure of 12.9 kmpl. The first servicing is due in 2-3 weeks time.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Where the i10 scores above the wagonR:
- Excellent AC. Really good. And its far less noisy than the WR’s.
- Interiors are the USP of this car. I need not say much, it’s a well known fact. Quality of plastics on dashboard is far better than the Wagonr or for that matter even the Santro.
- Good all round visibility. ORVMs are big and you get a clear picture of whats behind.
- Performance is slightly better at the lower end, first gear being particularly good (a.l.a Santro).
- Build quality is also much better than the WR. There is a good thud when closing the doors. Panel gaps are minimal compared to the Marutis.
- High speed stability. Was much stable and grounded than the WagonR at speeds above 80kmph.

Where the WR equals or better than the i10
- Absense of cubbyholes. I calculated and it’s a surprising figure of 6 small cubbyholes which are missing in the i10 when compared with WR. The dashboard sloping towards driver can’t hold any stuff either.
- Whiney engine. The engine noise intrudes the cabin at higher revs, much like the WR. (and very unlike Spark).
- Gear shift. Though its still better than WagonR, its notchy and has long throws. I was expecting Getz like gearshift, but was disappointed.
- Lesser boot space.
- Lesser headroom
- Weak handbrake
- Ride quality specially at rear is very similar to WagonR, again, the Spark beats all here.
Excellent review dceite. @whiney engine - That is because Hyundai has engineered the hell out of a 1.1L engine to produce FE and city drivebility (good power lower down) etc. However the stress at high rev is too much for the engine to bear

Expect better performance with the new 1.2L 80 bhp petrol expected before Sept 08.

Elito

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks