Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 17:43   #31
BHPian

Update after 300 Kms

This car is classic. Drive is very smooth, Ivory Gold, makes people turn and look.

Inital issues

Since i am very much used to Zen , I felt bit trouble with indicators. Now I am use to it.

Driving Comfort - 90% (Still need some more time to get 100% satisfaction)
Mileage - Not yet checked, Planned to calculate in Next Tank full onwards.

Just following running in guidelines, not crossing 2500 rpm. As the KMS increase in the ODO , I feel more smoothness, is it because i am getting used or engine get tuned up ?

Another problem I am facing is head light, it is not effective. Need to change. Planning to take for highway round trip (200Kms) , searching our team bhp travelogues for good road and place

Will update after my highway trip.

Upgrades

Added Sunfilm - Llumar Steel 35 SR , looks great - 4200/- in bangalore.
Old 3rd June 2008, 20:33   #32
BHPian

Nice car. I like the interiors a lot. Not very sure about the performance though. What is the ex showroom price for this one?
Old 3rd June 2008, 23:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Nice car. I like the interiors a lot. Not very sure about the performance though. What is the ex showroom price for this one?

Delhi Ex showroom prices:-

Aveo 1.4 5.97L

Aveo 1.4 LS 6.39 L

Aveo 1.4 LS Ltd Edition 6.52 L

Aveo 1.6 6.81 L

The site is Chevrolet Cars India,New Cars in India,Latest Car Models India,Chevrolet Spark,Aveo UVA,Optra,Tavera
Old 8th June 2008, 01:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
This car is classic. Drive is very smooth, Ivory Gold, makes people turn and look.

Inital issues

Since i am very much used to Zen , I felt bit trouble with indicators. Now I am use to it.

Driving Comfort - 90% (Still need some more time to get 100% satisfaction)
Mileage - Not yet checked, Planned to calculate in Next Tank full onwards.

Just following running in guidelines, not crossing 2500 rpm. As the KMS increase in the ODO , I feel more smoothness, is it because i am getting used or engine get tuned up ?

Another problem I am facing is head light, it is not effective. Need to change. Planning to take for highway round trip (200Kms) , searching our team bhp travelogues for good road and place

Will update after my highway trip.

Upgrades

Added Sunfilm - Llumar Steel 35 SR , looks great - 4200/- in bangalore.

Congrats Mahesh - looks like we made similar choices - same Aveo Ivory Gold and Llumar - I paid 4500 in Mumbai - it is well worth the money I can tell you.

I agree about the Headlight not being powerful enough - I saw this on another thread too - but never got a reply what a good replacement would be. Anyone?

Yes it will be hard with this car for the first 1000 kms or so to keep the revs below 2000 rpm - but once we have run the engine in it will be much smoother.
Old 8th June 2008, 01:20   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post

Depends on what you want in performance - remember this is a "cruising" car.

It is a 1.4 L engine - it has the best 1.4 litre engine amongst current petrol cars - the BHP is better than the Fiesta engine as well as the Fabia engine - so it copes very well.

But if you like aggressive fast driving and like to weave in and out and overtake then this is not the car for you - you should go in for a 1.6 or 1.8 engine car.

But this is is the best value for money car today - plush looks, reasonably good drive, excellent fuel economy and great maintenance plan.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:59   #36
BHPian

1st Service Experiance

Last week, I completed my first service experiance.

KMS completed : 792.

Problems reported.
1. In the Highways noticed left side drag when you leave the steering (During my shot trip to Lepakshi)
2. 1st to 2nd gear it too hard
3. back door need a force.

I booked the Service for Thursday 9:00 AM, reached the service station in KR puram by 9:15 , as expected they have not recorded my booking. waited for 15 mins. Later i was assigned a Service advisor, He took note of initial problems.

At 2:00PM I got a call the car is ready. I visited the service station and inspected the car.

1. Car was water washed and clean.
2. ODO shown 796 , looks like 4 kms it was taken for test.
3. Clutch plate was adjusted to resolve the 1st to 2nd gear shift problem
4. Service advisor explained me why we need to use force in back door
a. When windows are up and all other doors are closed, the air locks inside , so it gives resistance for the back doors. He also demonstrated with one door open and 1 window down. The back door closed with minimal force. Interesting. I was not aware of this.
5. He said the left drag was fixed.
6. Specific advice for running in : Keep the speed 80-90 for first 1000 and recommended till 2000 kms. He did not say anything about RPM limits.

Overall , It was a unique experiance ,we dont pay and just leave the car and take back the car.

During Weekend , I took the car to chennai, The expeiance was great. But keeping the RPM at 2000 was very tough job.In 5th gear , it just moves to 2500 and above, then I need to pull it down to 2000. BTW After service I didnt find the left side drag.

After 1350 Kms on a average the FE landed 12 KMS approx 450 Kms City driving with AC 100% and 900 Kms on Highway with AC 95%.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4. Service advisor explained me why we need to use force in back door
a. When windows are up and all other doors are closed, the air locks inside , so it gives resistance for the back doors. He also demonstrated with one door open and 1 window down. The back door closed with minimal force. Interesting. I was not aware of this.
Strange. So, seems we need to live with it.
Quote:
6. Specific advice for running in : Keep the speed 80-90 for first 1000 and recommended till 2000 kms. He did not say anything about RPM limits.
Oh, I am driving at 3K rpms and speed of 90+ during my chennai trip in weekends. I am nearing 2000kms. So, guess its ok.
Quote:
Overall , It was a unique experiance ,we dont pay and just leave the car and take back the car.
Agreed.
Old 24th June 2008, 13:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Strange. So, seems we need to live with it.

Oh, I am driving at 3K rpms and speed of 90+ during my chennai trip in weekends. I am nearing 2000kms. So, guess its ok.

Agreed.
I think you are ok, I touched 100+ with 3K RPM during my return back from chennai at that I crossed 1000 KMS. But did not kept the speed in constant, I was varying RPM and speed. But the Hosur -Chennai highway really pulls the rpm and speed.

Regarding Doors, we need to live with it, or keep your windows bit down , when ever people get it and get out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks