Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 19:33   #1
BHPian

My First Sedan Dzire(Desire) Experience ends with Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition.

After spending nearly 3 years with my Zen, I thought of upgrading my car to a Sedan or a SUV. I read lot of online reviews and magazines; still my mind was not able to take a clear decision on What Car?

Finally I reached out Team-BHP, What a wonderful forum!! With lot of “Real” Feedbacks and reviews. It really made me addictive, like checking emails now I have become daily visitor for Team-BHP. Technically I am just end user of car, I do not know much mechanics. But this site everyday teaches me new things about car. Even my doubts on diesel vs petrol cost savings also got cleared.

After reviewing Dzire TD’s, I decided to go for dzire. Now my (ad) venture started. First I visited Mandovi, and took a TD, Since in lot of threads Dzire TD has been discussed, So I do not want to repeat it. Although It has a Swift Wheel base, I decided to book for ZXI, I felt it would be a VFM.

On April 7th we went to Mandovi and booked the car,

day1. The Sales guy informed, he cannot accept the booking less that 50K, I asked for reason and maruti guidelines, no answer. Finally he accepted and gave me a booking form and asked me collect the receipt next day and informed me it will take 3-4 months waiting period. (Frustration – 10%)

Day 2. Next day morning he called me and said, he cannot book the car since the waiting period is revised to 6-8 months. After lot of arguments, I called Maruti Customer care and logged a complaint. BTW I spoke to his manager too and his reply was also very harsh and said he cannot book my car. (Frustration – 50%)

Day3. Turning point , Sales Guy Calls me and said , he will book the car and waiting period is 3-4 months, and asked me why I made complaint to Maruti. (Interesting). I asked for allotment number, he replied it will take 1 month??

By May 10 , I called the sales guy and checked with him on my allotment number, he cooly said you have to wait for 3 months to get the allotment number , My frustration was 70%. So Called Maruti Regional office Bangalore, and checked with them, they informed me, it will take more than 6 months, Since they produce only 30-40 cars per month in ZXI model. Still I did not get the allotment number or definite date or month of delivery. Frustration now became 90%.

Meanwhile I was going through all other Dzire customer booking experiences in various forums, all were similar to me. I am not sure why as a customer, I should be wait for a car with such a “Great” customer focused dealer. By then frustration level has reached to 100% and I started my research again on a good car with my priorities
-Better comfort & Interior, good quality & low maintenance,VFM,FE & Resale

Thanks to Mjothi for his Aveo 1.4 LS Limited Edition review, it had really changed my view, and my research started on Aveo 1.4 LS Limited edition. Again gone through lot of comparisons, reviews and feedbacks, Finally I decided to go with Aveo. Since it matches with my priorities

Last week I visited the Vijai Motors,White field and booked Aveo 1.4. Limited edition.
Now working with the Garuda Finance to get a better Car Loan offer (Bargining for 11.75%).

Hopefully I should be able to get the loan by next week and my Dzire(Desire) for sedan gets successful end.

I will update my Experience with Aveo after I get the car key

Last edited by Samurai : 16th May 2008 at 16:08. Reason: removed font tags
Old 15th May 2008, 20:50   #2
BHPian

Congratulations on booking your new car! The Aveo is a great car and a very good value for money in my opinion. I'm sure the next few days will be full of excitement and anticipation.

That said, it's sad to see the way maruti dealers are treating people when they are supposed to be the most customer friendly.
Old 15th May 2008, 23:17   #3
BHPian

Simply great decision.
Waiting period of 6 months is hell. Maruti will loose too many customers this way. If they don't have capacity to produce, why they launch models.
Old 16th May 2008, 07:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mahesh.
Btw, I too had a zen and upgraded to this Aveo. Only thing I have is (not issue, but feature wise) the difference in the keyless entry. Last time in Zen, I had the prerana one. It had so many features like reverse horn, auto lock of all 4 doors, auto open if u shutthe engine etc. That is missing in this. Except for this discomfort, I am happpy with my baby.
Do let us know about the color and other detials once all those are confirmed. Also, the stepney is normal steel wheel. Hope yo are aware of this.
May be if we get more guys, we can buy a set and get one each of us lets see....
Old 16th May 2008, 08:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Also, the stepney is normal steel wheel. Hope yo are aware of this.
May be if we get more guys, we can buy a set and get one each of us lets see....
Good idea. If these are factory alloys, I think you should be able to buy one piece. Do you try checking with the dealers.
Old 16th May 2008, 08:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW77 View Post
Simply great decision.
Waiting period of 6 months is hell. Maruti will loose too many customers this way. If they don't have capacity to produce, why they launch models.
I 100% agree with you, that is the reason I got frustrated, more over with raising interest rates and other costs, It does not worth waiting for dzire.

Quote:
Congrats Mahesh.
Btw, I too had a zen and upgraded to this Aveo. Only thing I have is (not issue, but feature wise) the difference in the keyless entry. Last time in Zen, I had the prerana one. It had so many features like reverse horn, auto lock of all 4 doors, auto open if u shutthe engine etc. That is missing in this. Except for this discomfort, I am happpy with my baby.
Do let us know about the color and other detials once all those are confirmed. Also, the stepney is normal steel wheel. Hope yo are aware of this.
Thank MJ , I noticed this, I think since it is factory fitted, it has less features. I had autocop in my zen , which had similar features like yours prerana. I also checked with dealer on the Stepney, he said it comes only as a set, let see whether we can get more Aveo friends and color , Cashmere or Ivory Gold .

I need a suggestion, Is it advisable to get sunfilm with the dealer itself, Vijai motors said , he can give me sunfilm as a freebie.
Old 16th May 2008, 09:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Good idea. If these are factory alloys, I think you should be able to buy one piece. Do you try checking with the dealers.
Yes. I checked and they say the price in a range 4.5K to 5.5K. Is that right price? i am yet to search this forum on this.Little lazy now . Will do it bit latter.

OT. Btw, why is it mdmahesh post has so many FONT=, COLOR= like html tags? is it possible to edit it? Would be diff for readers.

Last edited by mjothi : 16th May 2008 at 09:47. Reason: added OT
Old 16th May 2008, 09:47   #8
BANNED

Thats great ! But why do you want to tell in every line of your post that you are using 'Arial' font?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
[FONT=Arial]After spending nearly 3 years with my Zen, I thought of upgrading my car to a Sedan or a SUV. I read lot of online reviews and magazines; still my mind was not able to take a clear decision on What Car?[/FONT]
Old 16th May 2008, 10:16   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I checked and they say the price in a range 4.5K to 5.5K. Is that right price?
That price is lootmaar. Stock alloys should not cost you more than 2.5K to 3K per piece. In the price that you outlined you can get premium alloys.
Old 16th May 2008, 14:43   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Thats great ! But why do you want to tell in every line of your post that you are using 'Arial' font?
Its my mistake, I used Windows word to type the content, and copy pasted into the theard, , I should have clicked preview button before clicking submit. will take care next time.
Old 16th May 2008, 16:59   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Mdmahesh,

It's fine to take the sunfilm from Vijai but ensure that it's 3M or Llumar. I made Garuda give me Llumar for my Aveo Base.
Old 16th May 2008, 17:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmahesh View Post
I need a suggestion, Is it advisable to get sunfilm with the dealer itself, Vijai motors said , he can give me sunfilm as a freebie.
i checked with them during my purchase. it is certianly not 3M or lumar. They said its normal brands. He mentioned that may cost around 1200Rs. usually the cash excahnge for the freebie would be less. So, even if you take it in right spirit, then it should be like 1500 i guess.

Better get something else or even cash. Just my 2 c.
Old 16th May 2008, 21:44   #13
BHPian

MD, Welcome To the Team-BHP club
and Congrats on your new Aveo
Old 16th May 2008, 21:50   #14
BHPian

Congrats Mahesh.
These days I am getting to see lot of Aveos, its really picking up.
About the sunfilm, ask your dealer for either 3M or Llumar, usually they tend to put up Garware.

May be you can email to all the email ids of Maruti (Customer care email ids + Maruti officials email id) letting them know about the happenings and your decision on shifting to Aveo. Most probably they will read it and hopefully try to understand the customer thoughts as well.
Its just my opinion, you may ignore it as well.
Old 17th May 2008, 05:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.r View Post
Congrats Mahesh.
These days I am getting to see lot of Aveos, its really picking up.
About the sunfilm, ask your dealer for either 3M or Llumar, usually they tend to put up Garware.

May be you can email to all the email ids of Maruti (Customer care email ids + Maruti officials email id) letting them know about the happenings and your decision on shifting to Aveo. Most probably they will read it and hopefully try to understand the customer thoughts as well.
Its just my opinion, you may ignore it as well.
I agree with you. Its always better to do such things. It will certainly have some impact on the next customer. Atleast lets help the future customer to get good treatment. Hopefully!!!

I did the same with Sundaram Motors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks