Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 08:23   #31
BHPian

Hi all,

A quick update. I'm gettign my truck this afternoon by 4 PM. really excited. oh god the day is going so sloooww. Hope the day goes on to 5th gear soon.
Bugs

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th May 2008 at 08:43. Reason: Post edited. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...llike..this.
Old 28th May 2008, 14:20   #32
BHPian

Best of luck,click pictures while you take delivery and post them.We are waiting to see your truck.
take care.
Old 4th June 2008, 04:33   #33
BHPian

So whats the update. Have you taken delivery yet? Where are the pics?
Old 4th June 2008, 10:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new beast dude...
Old 4th June 2008, 10:58   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
So whats the update. Have you taken delivery yet?
Oh yes. The Safari has arrived! Pearl white really suits the Safari.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Where are the pics?
Havent had time to log in after getting the car, i guess.
Old 5th June 2008, 10:08   #36
BHPian

Well guys. I've got the truck and he is one week old now. got 400km on the odo.

Offer received
1) Rs 10,000/- cash discount - Done
2) Floor Mats and Mud flaps (I guess Safari comes with Mud flaps for front) - would be put in before delivery - Done
3) Perfume - would be put in before delivery - Done
4) 3M SunFilm (opted for a light shade) - will get it done aftermarket - Decided not to go for it for the time being. I just love the plane look from outside.
5) Upgrade for seats from Fabric to VX type Art leather (beige is what is being promised) - - would be put in before delivery - Done and what a beauty. But i still prefer to get the seats done again. (not the seat cover, but to get it stitched on to the seats.)

Got the delivery on time. Dad and my brother in law joined me during delivery. did all the checks as per the check list (thanks to tbhp for providing this). No issues, dents or leaks found. finished all the paper works and finally was given the keys to my truck. Was really excited at this moment. The guy then gave me a detailed run thru all of the controls of the truck. the various buttons and how to tilt the seats etc. i got into the driver’s seat and cranked the engine. Dad was standing outside and came up to me and said "boy! this does not sound as if its a diesel".

Dad, BIL and the dealer got into the truck and off we went for alloy change.

Crazy and kb you guys could not be more right. Thanks for making me cautious about New Bharath Tyres. They are wolfs in sheep’s clothing.

I went there to see why they were not liked by so many people. As they say "seeing is believing" and so i did. went there meet Me Prasad (owner), he took me to the 2nd floor where they keep all the alloys and asked me to pick my choice. I had noticed the st time i went there that he had HR alloys but the log was in all steel. i read in this forum that original HR has HR embossed in a blue background. So i asked him is this original stuff and he said Yes. but i was still sure this was not. So I was looking at other models and I picked one. Initially this guy had said he would take by stock rims and give a good deal. When the day came he changed his tone. said all he can give for 5 stock rims in Rs 50/-. I was like what. Even if I were to sell it to a scrap metal dealer i would still get a better price than this. I was so pissed off with the guys attitude that i said to myself no way I’m going to buy anything from this guy ever again.

So frustrated (but was also expecting something close to this as you guys have warned me), we went off to another shop. Car Shoppe. There i see only two models and I picked one. This time the HR is in the Blue back ground and i also checked the Made in Taiwan etched on the alloys. he was offering me a set of 5 for Rs 29.5k and was ready to buy my stock rims for Rs1.5k. so a deal worth Rs28k. as he did not have provision to fit the alloys at his place (now I think of it, it was really good he did not have it), we went off to another workshop where they fit this. reached there and off goes my front LH and rear LH stock rims from my truck, they guys are so fast they removed it even b4 i could get out of my truck.

But problem. The alloys I picked were 8.5 so my stock Bridgestone would not fit. They said I had to upsize mine to 255s. that would set me another 12-15k. I said lets not have any thing put on right now and decided not to upgrade to alloys. This was eating up too much into my already stretched budget. the stock rims and treys are anyways good till 30-40k. So I thought let me go with this set up right now. And if needed will got with the upgrade.

As of now there is no sun film or alloys for my truck.

Now for the other accessories part. Since Monday the 26th I've been following up with the dealers for my door visor and hoot-deflector and till now nothing has happened on it. they were supposed to fit the door visor on the day of delivery. but guess the piece they had was defective and was assured would be done during the weekend. Weekend has come and gone and now its almost close to the next weekend still no sign of any thing. will wait for one more day and then planning to escalate to TATA. I need help here too.

Driving experience.

Feels like King on the road . massive road presence, good control over the drive, and get good respect from others too. As I upgraded from Zen to Safari, the difference is obvious. I’m 6'1" getting in and out of the truck is real simple unlike in the Zen. Gr8 view of the road. Really enjoying the drive. Not yet calculated the FE figures to be accurate. approximately its about 11-12kmpl. not done any long drive so far. have plans to visit our friends in Kochi sometime next week. let’s see how that turns up.

Pictures.

Will be posting the pictures as soon i finish reading the "Posting pictures " guidelines of TBPH. I've all the pictures on my machine. just a matter of uploading them.
Old 5th June 2008, 10:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oh yes. The Safari has arrived! Pearl white really suits the Safari.
On time!.

Quote:
Havent had time to log in after getting the car, i guess.
You bet bor. have been busy with the truck and with work. will post the pics soon.

Bugs
Old 5th June 2008, 11:26   #38
BHPian

My Truck - Safari 2.2VTT Pearl White

Hi guys,

Here are few pics of my Truck.

Bugs
Attached Thumbnails
My would-be drive- Safari 2.2L VTT EX Pearl White!! – Arrived 25/05/08 - Pics on Pg 3-atshowroom1.jpg  

My would-be drive- Safari 2.2L VTT EX Pearl White!! – Arrived 25/05/08 - Pics on Pg 3-atshowroom2.jpg  

My would-be drive- Safari 2.2L VTT EX Pearl White!! – Arrived 25/05/08 - Pics on Pg 3-front1.jpg  

My would-be drive- Safari 2.2L VTT EX Pearl White!! – Arrived 25/05/08 - Pics on Pg 3-front2.jpg  

My would-be drive- Safari 2.2L VTT EX Pearl White!! – Arrived 25/05/08 - Pics on Pg 3-interior_front.jpg  

My would-be drive- Safari 2.2L VTT EX Pearl White!! – Arrived 25/05/08 - Pics on Pg 3-interior_midrow.jpg  

My would-be drive- Safari 2.2L VTT EX Pearl White!! – Arrived 25/05/08 - Pics on Pg 3-side1.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 5th June 2008, 11:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good that you did not put up the alloys, with 8.5 rim size you would have also needed a cut on the bumpers and stone guard.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:53   #40
BHPian

looks really nice congrats just the only thing i would suggest you do is get the seat cover fitted a lil better they look ridiculous.
Old 5th June 2008, 12:47   #41

Congats,Looks nice,please change seat covers,which HU u got? blaupunkt or alpine?
Old 5th June 2008, 16:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey nice truck!
Happy driving and hope us euse it the way it ought to be.. trust me.. the safari can take more beating than your wildest imagination... just stop short of reclaiming your life Safari ad style!
Noticed ur tyres shining. I think your dealer used a tyre polish to shine it!
Nice pics.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:31   #43
BHPian

hey bhagathmp

Congrats for the new truck.
Nice color, i liked it..
drive safe and enjoy your ride..
Old 5th June 2008, 18:26   #44
Team-BHP Support

Excellent! Saw the car a few times, and looks very nice on the road. Congrats.

Are the seat covers put properly? Seem a bit loose, specially the bottom part. Also is it 50 rs per rim, or 50 rs for 4 rims, that they offered?
Old 5th June 2008, 18:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Excellent! Saw the car a few times, and looks very nice on the road. Congrats.

Are the seat covers put properly? Seem a bit loose, specially the bottom part. Also is it 50 rs per rim, or 50 rs for 4 rims, that they offered?
They also promised 5 alloys for 23k right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks