Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 19:18   #16
BHPian

Yet another migration from Maruti!
Congrats Firebird and yes not much review available on this car. Even GM advts what I have seen in TOI are more Spark oriented.
Old 22nd May 2008, 21:55   #17
Senior - BHPian

Till the massive Spark discounts started, UVA was what sold in Delhi (for GM). Its an extremely underrated decent car that inspired good control - only issue is that its petrol.

Plus driver airbag is not done - they introduced the dual glove box only to cover up the space for passenger airbag. All the same, amazingly quick ordering brother.
Old 22nd May 2008, 22:23   #18
HKP
BHPian

good choice..

UVA is a good car by all standards. Since the dealership is very near to you and easily accessible you wont have much issues. I have seen Aveo in Cashmere color, but not UVA please do post the Pics.

\\hkp
Old 23rd May 2008, 08:51   #19
BHPian

Excellent buy

Congrats the UVA is a fantastic buy - it was the next on my short list - we had shortlisted the Aveo, U-VA and Fabia in that order and finally booked the Aveo 1.4 LS LE - we should get delivery today.

The UVA is superbly spacious inside, feels very good to drive, is solidly built and is the largest hatch around, except the Fabia. Its more spacious inside than the Fabia, but has a much smaller boot - so thats the compromise.

I personally would have preferred the UVA over the Aveo - but got overruled by the wife.

The only complaint I could have about the UVA is that after looking at the Fabia - or even the Aveo - the UVA interiors are plasticky and dull.
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:29   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I personally would have preferred the UVA over the Aveo - but got overruled by the wife.

In my case innitially that happned as wife knew that budget is 8 lakhs...so Aveo 1.6 LT Option was first choice.

The logic applied to convince her was
1. How many days in a year we use boot - Ans. may be 6 to 7 days
2. How many times do we travel 5 people in car - Ans. Very rare
3. Would it fit the parking - Ans. Noway this would fit
4. So is it worth spending 2.25 laks for getting boot and sedan - Ans. Well not really....

So eventually Practicality took over sedan dream.

I agree, the interiors look dull in that colour...but are well put together...and fill long lasting.
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Firebird, I know of Bharati, they are a decent dealership but the surprising thing was that they gave a ready for delivery car for TD when I went to check out the Optra diesel. Not only that but the guy went "Sir please push the car to see the power". AShtavinayak is a new dealer opened in Malad. My neighbour took delivery of his Captiva from there. Did you buy from them?
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:05   #22
BHPian

I booked at Bharti since its near my home.
Ashtavnayak is near my office (Mind Space).

Both offer good service.

About the delivery vehicle offered for TD, yes I did see that. I told them after TDing Aveo 1.6 that I found the car to be not as smooth as UVA. They said, they would be getting a delivery car in some time and offered me to TD that.

I denied saying why should I screw up that car and I am expecting same from you in case of my car. I told the Sales person and team leader that this is not a good practice you following. They lost for words and said "Yes sir we know but sometimes prospects push us to try new vehicle". I told them don't ever do that as you may end with all prospects and no bookings.

I feel this should keep them away from my Car being test driven by others. I insisted that I will come for the PDI and will note the odo reading.

The surprising thing is they do have Optra D/P, Aveo 1.6 / LE, UVA LT, Spark as TD vehicles, and still they offer delivery vehicle for TD.

Last edited by Firebird : 23rd May 2008 at 12:08. Reason: added comment
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Ah! one more dissatisfied customer for MSIL.
One more dissatisfied customer of FIAT too, as he moves from 2006 Palio 1.6
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:35   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
One more dissatisfied customer of FIAT too, as he moves from 2006 Palio 1.6
ummmm well not a dissatisfied but.....yes definately not impressed....but I still like the 1.6 drive in 2nd and 3 rd gear all the say to 80 kmph

For a moment I wanted to wait for GP....but then finally its going to get service at TATA....so whats the point in getting the beauties like GP and Linea and to get them screwed at TATA

It is just that Shaman service centre is too far away from my place and Fortune is too pathetic to take palio to service...
Old 27th May 2008, 11:19   #25
BHPian

Update on Delivery

Yesterday went to dealer. The dealer has got the car now.
Dod some checks for the dents or scratches. All is in good shape.

I will take the PDI checklist with me at the time of delivery
The earlier delivery day was promised on Wednesday 28th May. Due to one day delay from ICICI, this will now happen on Thursday 29th. But due to some personal work I will not be able to take the delivery on Thursday, so will go on Friday morning.

The observartions.

1. The steering in this particular airbag version is now same as that of the Magunm LT steering (I liked that). I really did not like the steering provided with normal LT version of UVA.

2. The steering is 4 spoke, leather wrapped with a bold golden Chevy badge at the center and 2 horm switches on 2 spokes. (I liked that)

3. Checked the gear leave movement, surprisingly found it to be exactly same as TD vehicle. Will TD the car on wednesday to check more. The gear knob is leather wrapped.

4. There is a center console which shows all indicators(ABS, Fuel Pump etc) except turn indicators, handbrake.

Will post the pics today evening.
Old 31st May 2008, 22:47   #26
Senior - BHPian

Fire Bird! where are the pics dude? also, would love to meet up with you sometime when you get your car to office. I am in prism towers!
Old 3rd June 2008, 08:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
UVA currently is the most underrated hatch around... no one seems to talk about it, not even brickbats come its way :P
Good decision Firebird. Its a good car for anyone who's looking for a biggish hatch.
extreme, some time long back i had posted a review here: the Chowchowbath.com blog Blog Archive Chevrolet UVA 1.2 LS test driven

in case someone really wants the good things about uva, its all in there
i still love this car a lot, if they give it with diesel (1.3 mjd) + abs + airbags i dont see any reason why this would automatically be the best choice today!
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Fire Bird! where are the pics dude? also, would love to meet up with you sometime when you get your car to office. I am in prism towers!
Me too ....fifth floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
extreme, some time long back i had posted a review here: the Chowchowbath.com blog Blog Archive Chevrolet UVA 1.2 LS test driven

in case someone really wants the good things about uva, its all in there
i still love this car a lot, if they give it with diesel (1.3 mjd) + abs + airbags i dont see any reason why this would automatically be the best choice today!
Ok I got the car as promised by dealer. Just being lazy in posting the review. The pics are in mobile phone (3.2 mp)...will surely post those pics today evening.

The first impression you get when you start the car is...yes its too much silent (compared to my earlier 1.6). The ABS, Airbag, Fuel pump, Battery, door open, Fog lamp indicator are in the center console on the dash. Its specious. The seats support well. The tilt adjustable steering is good.

I got the car when odo was 86 KM. Now odo is almost 240 km.

The gear shift appears to be not like Palio but definately better than indica or wagonR....till today not a single time I faced problem in slotting into reverse. Touchwood.

The power and torque are good (not best) to carry 4 people around city with AC. I have not driven with non AC state, so would not be able to comment on how it would be without AC.

Fit and finish were GM is the best, cashmere look cool on UVA.

The steering is leather wrapped (same as Magnum LT) and is spot on. Also the steering is much lighter than Palio even though its Hydraulic PS.

The stock alloys are ok...but not impressive as Palio.

The light on and key in audible warning are good.

Tried the Fog lamps at night. Yes, I am impressed with the light throw compared to Palio, swift and even NHC stock fog lamps. So looks like I can use fog lamps in real fog.

The stock lamps illuminate well. I will consider replacement later.

So far so good. Will post the detailed review and pics shortly.
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Me too ....fifth floor
Short world! I am in B wing 8th Floor. So I guess your's is the first UVA in Prism. I see a red Palio parked outside the lobby, I am now assuming its yours!
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:44   #30
BHPian

No no ....got UVA today...Parked in middle basement Wing A...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks