Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2008, 19:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
even I've been pulling the badging off the car, and MGF hyundai keep slyly placing it back after every service.

Mugen for a verna?
normal people may think its cool, but an auto enthusiast may look down on you.

please, please please, remove the mugen sticker.
Ooooppppsssss. Sorry. what would you think would be better in place of Mugen Power, how about HKS Power???

Regards,
Sajan
Old 28th May 2008, 19:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Hellstar,

Thanks for the update. will make sure to get Pulling towards left issue checked and does the Excessive smoke from a minor issue with the EGR occur with the new verna CDRi???? I guess will wait for an year to go by and then get the pete kit. I thought K&N stock filter was supposed to be most recommened than the green cotton.

Regards,
Sajan.

I am sure that 95% of the vernas on the road today dont have the EGR issue any longer they would have rectified these problem during the free services. The news ones are manufactured correctly so they don't have this problem with the EGR.

I am waiting on recommendation from Mathew of Pete's Performance fame for the Green Cotton, even i was thinking about the stock K&N filter replacement but then back tracked based ona face to face discussion that i had with Mathew when i had gone to Hotel Internationale to get my DIY Petes box installation checked .
Old 28th May 2008, 20:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I am sure that 95% of the vernas on the road today dont have the EGR issue any longer they would have rectified these problem during the free services. The news ones are manufactured correctly so they don't have this problem with the EGR.

I am waiting on recommendation from Mathew of Pete's Performance fame for the Green Cotton, even i was thinking about the stock K&N filter replacement but then back tracked based ona face to face discussion that i had with Mathew when i had gone to Hotel Internationale to get my DIY Petes box installation checked .
Hey hellstar,

Please do keep me updated on the same. Also whats your view on the phliphs crystal vision fog lights 55 watts bulbs?

Regards,
Sajan
Old 29th May 2008, 05:19   #19
BHPian

Well the handeling is pretty good at high speed...I pulled it all the way up to 160 KM but the car felt really stable and I m running on stock tyres. Was on 140 KM and have to take a very sharp turn. The car took it well but my girlfriend gave me a strange look so have to slow it down.
I feel the bodyroll is too much in Verna, IMO I feel Santro has less bodyroll.

Acceleration is good takes no time to reach 140 and U feel like to keep pushing it.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Racer View Post
I feel the bodyroll is too much in Verna, IMO I feel Santro has less bodyroll.
Huh !!! How can that be ? Santro - less bodyroll than a Verna.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Huh !!! How can that be ? Santro - less bodyroll than a Verna.
Well I actually own both the cars. I may be wrong technically, I just said I felt like it has too much body roll. May be I m not use to soft suspension as I have only covered 1500 KM in it.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:47   #22
BHPian

guys the low down on the ABS version suspension work is that . the suspensions were deliberately made more stiff!! and the car is now made to sit down to the road..as in the tyres are under double load.. damm due to this the tyre wears out from the center!![ service guys say this is also due to over pressure but i keep it at 30Psi compared to company recomended 32Psi]..so its supposed to wear out from side walls due to low pressure!!..still??
my tyres are worn out at 20k!!!![MRF ZV2K tyres] and that too from the center no thread left in front tyres at the center..will change in 2-3 months time..not much running in between.. the MGF guys are telling me that i am lucky to have atleast this much ..they say at 18k MRF tyres get worn out, for my kind of driving the new verna will roughly give 25k kms if you have michellins on them. no wonder the car is rock steady at 170+kmph!! i did zig zaging at those speeds in L&T bypass for checking this out!!. and turns at 140-150kmph are a breeze.. but all at the expense of tyre life..aaahh..

and a clarification is needed. my Verna ABS CRDi came with the stock tyres as 185/65 R14 MFR ZV2K 86H!! rated tyres thats a freaking 210kmph speed rating!!. whats the low down on this??

and yes which set of tyres are the best for Verna the service guys told to go for 195/65 R14 . michellin..but which one and whats the speed rating of these tyres,..i want minimum H rating
Old 29th May 2008, 13:04   #23
rippergeo

sameel- new tyrea at 20K?
I thought I was ripping the car, but you must be the king of all rippers! our verna has done 18K on OEM bridgestones and they are doing fine.

I'm worried that the tyres are wearing out so slowly. can push for new fatter tyres only after these wear out. maybe I should loan you my car for a few weeks

Old 29th May 2008, 13:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
sameel- new tyrea at 20K?
I thought I was ripping the car, but you must be the king of all rippers! our verna has done 18K on OEM bridgestones and they are doing fine.

I'm worried that the tyres are wearing out so slowly. can push for new fatter tyres only after these wear out. maybe I should loan you my car for a few weeks
God, how do you guys manage to wear out the tries so soon. in 22 days time i have covered 1350 and keeping the speedo well within 100kmph. wht's the speed at which you guys drive and where all do you guys go

This saturday is my car's first free service and will make sure that the left drag is corrected. I'am planning to get the AXIOM 12V 120w inverter to my car. please let me know if its safe to use the laptop in the car.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 29th May 2008, 13:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Racer View Post
Well I actually own both the cars. I may be wrong technically, I just said I felt like it has too much body roll. May be I m not use to soft suspension as I have only covered 1500 KM in it.
Hey Ace_Racer,

I too owned a Santro before and i felt the Santro did have a huge amount of body roll due to its tall body shape. Never found the Verna having the same type of body roll. again, i maybe wrong.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 29th May 2008, 14:04   #26
BHPian

what to do boss i am kind of restricted now..dont usually go above 180kmph!! with these worn out tyres..lol.

going to put in 195 - R14 michellins or bridgestone next up..and yes the service guys told that expect your car to be more free revving coz of my insane break in.. it appears my dad also loved pushing the car to 100kmph as soon as possible and then break!!!.. no wonder ..he says that he usually reach to 100kmph as soon as he puts 4th gear!! never puts the car in 5th gear..always ends up breaking before going to 5th..lol. and on top the MRF tyres are prone to wearing out earlier.. service guys told that its natural for a guy like me n dad!! .
and buddy whats the size of oem bridgestone tyres??
and the speed rating too?? i think its a T rating right.
thats 190kmph!! but funny my OEM tyres where H rated MRFZV2K 185/65 -R14 no wonder these wore out early, they are performance tyres or something cost 3.2k per tyre..is this ok price or not??

whats the ideal prize for 195 - R14 michellin model no idea? and Bridgestone potenza g-3 .

but yes now the ABS unit is working heavily!! whenever i break from 140kmph.. i can feel the pulsing of the brakes..lol. still with such gripless tyres the car is stoping awesome, service guys said that bursts to 140kmph and all is ok but dont cruise above 100kmph.. because the wheels wont be allowed to lock up..due to ABS.. but that will increase stoping distance noticably..and yes i tried it out the car takes more distance to come to a halt from 120kmph.. no locking up and all, but distance is a factor.and it takes more time too..lolz.
my dad is not in panic mode thanks to ABS and all round disks in the car, but yes tyre change is imminent .
pls help!!

suggestions and exact code of tyres.
i change my tyres only from PITSTOP - bharath tyres.. so the specified tyre must be available there please..

so tyre gurus help me out.

thanks in advance.

peace out Sameel .
Old 1st June 2008, 19:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

@ sajands - I have booked a Verna CRDI Base (w/o ABS ). Did you get black rims with your Verna or did you paint these later on. Also the wheel caps.

I am told that there are no wheel caps & black rims on the base variant. I do not know about the ABS.
Old 1st June 2008, 19:38   #28
BHPian

I see rear leg room to be a bit on the lesser side, looks like Verna inherited this from Accent. Have you heard complaints from real passengers any time?
Old 1st June 2008, 20:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

First of all, congrats for this car. It is very powerful and so driving safely automatically becomes your responsibility.
Drive safe,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi All,

What I did not like was the way the AC vents were designed, no doubt the AC is very powerful and cools the car in a instant, the driver, hardly gets any of that, The AC vents are blocked by the steering wheel and if I need to feel the AC, I need to lean towards the left a bit so that i can get to cool my face. AC from the vents hit the steering wheel and cool your hande only.

Has anyone else faced this???? I guess Hyundai need to work on the AC vent design on the Verna.

Regards,
Sajan.

Surprisingly, this is the problem in our Baleno. The driver's right hand will get cold burned and the fingers will be numb through the A/C vent, and the passengers at rear dont like the A/C being shut off in peak summer. The conclusion is that, Baleno driver A/C vent is not properly designed.

Second thing that I really hate abou the car manufacturers is that they tend to paint the steel rim black and put some rim cover to make it look like an alloy wheel. Any enthusiasts eye can detect this. This reduces the airflow to the brakes and that's why I hate this.
The pioneer to this trend is Hyundai, but others were just keen to follow and they did follow this very, very quickly.

I believe that Alloys will look excellent in your Sport Verna.
Old 1st June 2008, 20:32   #30
Senior - BHPian

Sajan, which diesel are you using, premium or normal and of which brand. ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks