Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2008, 15:01   #46
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lediablo View Post
Also gathered from other discussions that its probably best to get the filter changed as well. Extended warranties dont give you a broad grin and adrenalin rush

Also on the topic of headlight, any danger or melting or burn outs or anything else on upgrading to xenon, what are the good makes etc
you dont have to lose out on the extended warranty because you change the filter. if you need to claim anything, just remove it and re install the stock. the air filter on the verna is quite accesible, though I have not removed it myself, it shouldnt take very long, with the right tools.

xenon will reduce the risk of burning/melting, compared to 130/100s
but longevity/long term performance is doubtful, seeing some of the threads on the forum.

I'm using 130/100 phillips rallye with a relay.

I drive using the low beam most of the time. so have not had any problems on any of our cars with 130/100s

Old 3rd June 2008, 15:18   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
3. ICE Setup:

Pioneer 6050 HU
Infinity Reference serise and componet set

4. Autocop
Sajan.
Congratulations on your new car, Sajan. If you dont mind me asking, could you you let us know how much these cost? How does this audio compare with say, the stock 2-din unit that goes with the Verna-SX?
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sajands!

Enjoy the ride and drive safe.

Can't wait for our next meet! :-)
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapra View Post
Congratulations on your new car, Sajan. If you dont mind me asking, could you you let us know how much these cost? How does this audio compare with say, the stock 2-din unit that goes with the Verna-SX?
Hey Shapra,

Thanks a ton. Well the ICE Setup costed me 27k and the its much better than the 2-din Panasonic that comes with the Verna-SX.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 3rd June 2008, 16:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Congrats Sajands!

Enjoy the ride and drive safe.

Can't wait for our next meet! :-)
Hey HappyWheels,

thanks a lot. Nice to see your post. same here, hope there is a meet round the corner pretty soon.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 4th June 2008, 14:41   #51
BHPian

@Ripper I found out about the H&R springs. The GC is likley to be reduced by 25mm. That something that worries me, the ride is likely to be stiffer, but thats a cost am willing to pay for superior handling. Me dads Baleno is well aquainted will all the speed breakers in Bangalore, thats with 160/165 mm. Believe me its not a great feeling.
Wanted a second opinion, what say?

I looked for HID topics/threads etc. Nothing to help me decide, does anyone have info on this?
Old 4th June 2008, 17:41   #52
BHPian

Quote:
@Ripper I found out about the H&R springs. The GC is likley to be reduced by 25mm. That something that worries me, the ride is likely to be stiffer, but thats a cost am willing to pay for superior handling. Me dads Baleno is well aquainted will all the speed breakers in Bangalore, thats with 160/165 mm. Believe me its not a great feeling.

I looked for HID topics/threads etc. Nothing to help me decide, does anyone have info on this?
Hey lediablo,

GC being reduced is not a good thing. Well, i guess you need to decide if you need handling or ground clearence.

About the HID i dont think many have tried it out. One being the cost factor and then there is the cops factor who are waiting to catch car's with HID's.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 4th June 2008, 19:20   #53
rippergeo

Quote:

the bottom scraping will not be as bad as the baleno at 160, as the H&R suspension will dive less than the baleno stock shocks as it rides over a bump.

havent been to blore for over 12yrs now, so dont know about the bumps there, but have heard awful stories about their heights.

basically depends on your regular routes. if you spend a lot of time on the highways- this suspension upgrade would be nice.
if your stuck in the city all day, everyday- it will be a pain.

the troubles with reduced GC can be offset to a great extent by driving style too.

Old 4th June 2008, 21:05   #54
BHPian

i also have verna crdi n planning to fit hids-philips originals for 20000/ dont want to go in for fakes-available are chineese bosch makes for 6000/.philips are going to be installed by my dealer thats why blindly going for it.by the way i already ordered them n the kit instalation will take place this very sunday-hopefully...
Old 4th June 2008, 21:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
the bottom scraping will not be as bad as the baleno at 160, as the H&R suspension will dive less than the baleno stock shocks as it rides over a bump.
If your coaxing me to get one, you sure are doing one hell of a Job .
Pete has told me that he can help me speak to someone who has done it before, i will probbaly do it first to get a feel. Knowing me i will eventually buy even if it scraps the undercarriage badly, the lure of good handling is too much to resist.

And for all concerened couple of things i checked out at Trident Hyundai, Bangalore today.

1. Installing K&N filters do not annul or repeal the warranty. They themselves install it.
2. The drag towards the left is an issue with the front axle and they will replace it free as part of warranty.(I think this was already discussed).

A peculiar problem that i had faced

I had travelled abroad leaving my car parked for several months. When i came back and started using the car, the pick up was extremely bad, worse than my previous car(Zen Di). The reason -The tube that drains the turbo exhaust was in shreds. Consequently the turbo siezed to work. The culprit -Rats.
Old 5th June 2008, 00:22   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
i also have verna crdi n planning to fit hids-philips originals for 20000/ dont want to go in for fakes-available are chineese bosch makes for 6000/.philips are going to be installed by my dealer thats why blindly going for it.by the way i already ordered them n the kit instalation will take place this very sunday-hopefully...
Hey drchernish,

Congrats on your new ride. Please do update us once you get the HID done. Pics please.

Regards,
Sajan
Old 5th June 2008, 00:49   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
20000 on lights please do posts pics after installation
Old 5th June 2008, 06:27   #58
rippergeo

Quote:
If your coaxing me to get one, you sure are doing one hell of a Job .
Pete has told me that he can help me speak to someone who has done it before, i will probbaly do it first to get a feel. Knowing me i will eventually buy even if it scraps the undercarriage badly, the lure of good handling is too much to resist.
I'm coaxing you because, I want to see a TBHP review . also, currently not in a position to spend on modding the verna. the swift is the priority.
speaking to someone who has done it before, would be the best option. if that person is in cochin,I dont mind going over and having a look at the car. I need to see it my self anyway.

Old 5th June 2008, 07:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Yep, that's the key. I don't know the details of the H&R springs you are referring to, but I assume that these are stiffer than the stock ones. The after-market stiff springs are generally "shorter" than the OE ones, but have much less give... which means even though your car is lowered by an inch or two, there is no scraping/bottoming-out (unless of course you're talking serious lowering) when going over bumps and potholes.
I have installed Pedders springs on my Lancer which has lowered the car a tad, but have not faced any GC issues thanks to their stiffness.

Am looking forward to a review on a Verna equipped with better shocks/springs. Have heard a lot of good things about the performance of the (diesel) Verna, but that the steering has a vague feel and that handling isn't very good.
Old 5th June 2008, 08:53   #60
BHPian

will post the pictures after the install.by the way the philips people are recomending me to go for 4300 hids.they offer the best light.but will i loose out on bling?if i am spending 20000 on lights i want other vehicles to see the diff.or should i insist on 6000 hids

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks