Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2008, 14:58   #1
BHPian

booked the i10 EDIT: Arrived Now

it had been a long time that me and my husband were looking to buy an additional vehicle for ourselves and after lots and lots of speculations about which vehicle to go for we finally decided to atleast start test driving few cars. i was initially veering towards spark as i did find it very cute, but taking into considertation that my hubby also would be using our new car, spark looked too girly for us.

we had never even thought of going in for an estillo and we had clear ideas about what type of car to buy. we wanted a small car so could be used for city driving. accent was proving to be too much to drive in traffic. we had a budget of around 4 to 4.5 lakhs. so going for a swift or getz was out of question. i was not too keen on wagon r or an alto. i felt they just looked too boring. indica couyld have been an option but then i really dint dream of drving an indica atleast. then we both out of the blue mentioned that we should test drive the i10. so there started my journey of buying he i10. i called for the test drive car from Sharayu Motors. The car floored me right from the time i set my eyes upon it and i was completely mesmerised as soon as i finished my test drive.

the car was very good, enough for both of us to drive alternately, very good control, the best part being the sporty feel given to the car by placing the gear control on the dash. the car was very smooth and responded very well to curves and response to braking was very good. i told my hubby that this is the car i would like to buy and decided on buying the i10 magna. Sharayu motors quoted to me for finance at 14.25% from HDFC bank and 4% payout. but i was sure that there were other banks charging much less i was also in process of finalising the Optra magnum for my parents. and i had got a deal of 13.75% pa with a pay out of 4.5% from Axis bank . i haggled with him and until he told me that he would speak to his supervisor for the same. he had already offered me a discount of 12000/- but i knew that more discount was surely possible because i had my sources tell me that upto 25000 discount was being offered on i10.

sharayu let me down completely because the sales executive who had dealt with me for three days just went on leave without telling anybody about my case and did not even bother to update me on my case. meanwhile we had decided to do the loan thru axis bank directly who offered me the laon at 11% without payout. this was surely a very good deal in comparision with 13.75% for five years and 4.5 % payout. which means i ended up saving atleast 14% on the overall loan tenure sharayu refused to give any more discount and refused to budge from their 15000/- figure. meanwhile i had got quotations from pheonix hyundai(PH) as well as a DSA. the sales exec at PH offered me discount of 15000/- which over period of 4 days came to 25000/- on the solid colour. ( ELectric Red) . the axis bank executive has further promised me that he will try to get another discount of 5000/- if possible form a dealer. i then inked the deal with her and paid the initial booking amount. i am expecting the car by june 10th 2008 and i am hoping that i get good deals furher also when i would be installing the music system too. the overall deal i got is 25000/- discount + loan for tenure of 5 years @ 11%. i am doing the insurance myself and there also i have managed a discount of 15% on the premium quoted by all the dealers.

this was my overall experience on buyng a new car and i have dealt with buying two of them in last month itself. one for us and one for my parents.

Mansi

Last edited by manaa45 : 31st May 2008 at 15:07.
Old 31st May 2008, 15:52   #2
BHPian

Congrats on the soon to be arriving twins, Mansi Keep us informed.
ps: I like your selection. The i10 looks cute
Old 31st May 2008, 16:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car Mansi! I bought my mother one too! I'm sure you're going to be very happy with it.
Old 31st May 2008, 16:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congratulations on the new car Mansi! I bought my mother one too! I'm sure you're going to be very happy with it.
ur thread on ur mom's new car was truly an inspiration.

it helped me a lot to decide abt the i10.

so in a way thanks to you and whole of tbhp.
Old 31st May 2008, 19:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mansi on the excellent decision. It is the best Petrol Hatch this side of 5 Lacs and an excellent city car.

I am also in the process of buying a car and 11% is the best deal you can get today.
Old 31st May 2008, 20:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the i10.

There is nothing like it in the market, in terms of interiors!
Old 1st June 2008, 10:09   #7
BHPian

Hey Mansi,

Congrats on your new buy. I10 is surely a fun to drive car in the city traffic and also responds well on the Highway.
I hv not yet crossed 5K mark on my I10 and it is giving me a mileage of 15.8 with AC ON all the time.

Can you quote the final ON ROAD price that I10 costed to you?
Old 1st June 2008, 20:11   #8
BHPian

The i10 is one of the best hatches available. Congratulations Manaa. We await a detailed ownership report.
Old 1st June 2008, 20:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the car!
Looking forward to i10 detailed review from your side.
Its basically a next gen car that I, in some cases especially the gearshift position find it better than even Getz or Swift.

Others:
If at all there are avalibale links for the i10 detailed review, send to me. Not urgent, but required.
Old 1st June 2008, 20:30   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Manaa, the i10 is going great guns, enjoy!!
Old 1st June 2008, 20:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats - great choice! Did you go in for the model with the airbags and ABS?
Old 1st June 2008, 20:52   #12
BHPian

congratualtions . i see youve caught the "i" as well
make sure you get the mud flaps,dicky mat and floor mats that come together with the extended warranty ( if you have applied for that)

The cobra security that hyundai offers is also a good bargain. if you are gonna install it please do it before you reach the ICE section.hehe
Old 1st June 2008, 21:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for catching the "i"!!! And congrats again for sacking a good deal with the discount, the loan & the insurance!
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:31   #14
BHPian

Congrats on the i10

Mansi, Congrats. Can you post the contact numbers of the finance company and sales associate.

The discounts you have extracted will surely inspire potential i10 buyers to go a step further.
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:23   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the decision. Wise choice and heres wishing you and hubby many many miles of Happy Motoring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks