Old 19th June 2008, 16:02   #17
BHPian

Here is the last one.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-dsc02033.jpg  

Old 19th June 2008, 19:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Conagratulations !!

An excellent review for sure. You have done a perfect job in upgrading the tyres. Our Baleno is also 165 tyred and they are not adequate.

Enjoy !
Old 19th June 2008, 20:36   #19
TOR
BHPian

Nice pictures Sumit , the camera seems to be in good health! Silver is a nice color.Could you give some info on the parking sensors, cost/did u get them painted? The tail pipe end piece is nice but it kinda looks smudged, what happened? Also the 'diesel' sticker on the fuel lid, IMHO you could do without!
All these observations cause even i am awaiting delivery of my Silver VDi !!
Old 20th June 2008, 10:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Conagratulations !!

An excellent review for sure. You have done a perfect job in upgrading the tyres. Our Baleno is also 165 tyred and they are not adequate.

Enjoy !
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Nice pictures Sumit , the camera seems to be in good health! Silver is a nice color.Could you give some info on the parking sensors, cost/did u get them painted? The tail pipe end piece is nice but it kinda looks smudged, what happened? Also the 'diesel' sticker on the fuel lid, IMHO you could do without!
All these observations cause even i am awaiting delivery of my Silver VDi !!
Camera is good, but over the time, i think canon cameras produce the best results. Specially the night shots. I am planning on buying G9.
Anyways, as i already mentioned parking sensors are of XENON brand and costed 2200 for the pair (4 in all).

There are the 3 kind of parking sensors available. One is which beeps when you put the reverse gear and the beep intensifies as and when you approach closer and closer to any object at rear and turns to long beep when you are dead close.

2nd one is where you get a display which is fitted on your top RVM. It acts as a mirror and when you put a reverse gear it will show you a vague idea of what is behind you.

3rd one is the camera. There is small LCD monitor installed on the dashboard which will show you whats behind.

I opted for the first one, as i did not like the quality of the 2nd ones display RVM which is installed on top of your RVM. And as for the 3rd one i did not like anything to be pasted on top of my dashboard. Just looks odd to me.

One with reverse beep costs Rs. 1100 for a pair. I got two so, it costed me 2200.

I did not get them painted, they come in 5 colors (white, silver, black, blue, red). I was lucky that the silver ones just blended in with the bumper, didnt need any re-paint.

2nd one with the RVM costs between 2100-2500.
And one with the camera costs around 3000.

Tail pipe just isn't clean i guess.

About that diesel sticker. My dad drives this car sometimes, and he has driven a petrol car all his life. So, he insisted to put that, just in case he forgets and lines up to fill up petrol, petrol pump attendant will hopefully read and fill up diesel instead.

When are oyu getting your car? Anything committed to you?
Old 20th June 2008, 12:20   #21
BHPian

Hi, First of all congrats for the Vehicle, hope you are enjoying the ride

i have got my Dzire VXI recently, and was planning to get the reverse parking sensors installed, wanted to ask that while installing do they tamper with the original wiring of the vehicle, or it can be installed without any tampering, awaiting your comments
Old 20th June 2008, 12:48   #22
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Thanks.

When are oyu getting your car? Anything committed to you?
thanks for the info sumit, yes the G9 is a great cam to go for(OT)

well its been 2 1/2 months since i have booked my car, no definite date but 'sometime by the end of june' was the response i got, in fact i had posted my experience here(which was weird!)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-delivery.html

well did you splice the wires for the sensors or get connectors also are they from the dealer, any warranty issues, also what do you think about the quality(durability) of the boot lid? Is it that thin as it is made out to be in the forum? Also could you confirm if the stereo has a RCA out and if the sound quality is better with the auxiliary source.
thnaks!
Old 20th June 2008, 13:30   #23

Hello folks, looks like soon I will get the opportunity to write a review myself. Yesterday, the sales executive from the Maruti showroom called up to inform me that my Clear Beige VXi Dzire has finally left for Mumbai and was likely to reach their yard in a week’s time. He says after reaching their yard it will take 2 days to clear Octroi and another 3 days or so for RTO registration & insurance. I somehow get the feeling that he is factoring in lot of buffer time. Do these formalities actually take so much time? Also, will they send the vehicle direct for registration once Octroi clearance is done? I am asking this because I intend to ask him for a pre-registration test drive as I came across this recommendation in one of the threads in this forum. What are the things I should look for in the pre-registration test drive? Sumit, did you take such pre-registration drive?

I have also printed out the PDI check list from the thread …..http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

If there is anything else that I should prepare for, please do mention such points.

Pst edited since it contained various [FONT] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th June 2008 at 14:09. Reason: Fonts
Old 20th June 2008, 13:48   #24
BHPian

No wiring was tampered, they took the connection directly from battery.
No wires are visible at all.

Bootlid is definitely thin, i cannot comment on durability of it, yet. No major problems with bootlid so far.
There is no way one can sit on it and apply pressure.

MUL added only 35kg in DZire, they had to cut the weight somewhere.
There is no RCA out in the front, and haven't tried AUX yet.
Output of the HU is below average.
Old 20th June 2008, 16:20   #25

Mods, thanks for editing my post and sorry for the inconvenience. I just now checked the article 'Removing [FONT] [SIZE] and [COLOUR] tags from your post' in the Announcements section. As mentioned therein, I had originally typed the entire text in another editor (without changing font or doing any special formatting), run a spellcheck and then just pasted it in the reply window on the thread, resulting in the tags in my post. I shall ensure this is not repeated.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:22   #26
BHPian

You have written that you have problems engaging the reverse gear. When this occurs, Shift to neutral - Depress the clutch completely and then press the clutch and shift to reverse. It works. I have a swift VDI and I too have the same problem.
Old 25th July 2008, 10:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerByHeart View Post
You have written that you have problems engaging the reverse gear. When this occurs, Shift to neutral - Depress the clutch completely and then press the clutch and shift to reverse. It works. I have a swift VDI and I too have the same problem.
Thanks for the tip.
It works.
Maruti should address these issues. Is this a standard flaw in Swift's/DZire's?
Couple of my friends swsft's have same problem.
Old 28th July 2008, 10:20   #28
BHPian

Well, I guess it is not a standard flaw in Swift's alone. I have a wagon R and this problem exists in that also.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:21   #29
BHPian

Update 20000Kms

Car has done around 20000 Kms so far.
No issues with suspension.
FE is around 18.5-19 in city and 21-22 on highways.
A friend of mine even managed 25+ on highways on his DZire.
About the rattles, yes it does and a lot.
Theres a noise coming from the dashboard, like a screw is stuck somewhere and vibrating.
Some noise coming from the rear left, probably from rear bumper.
BTW, Swift/DZire has pretty bad bumper locks. The moment you open up the bumper atleast 2-3 locks would be broken.
Have talked to different guys at MASS, but it has not been sorted out yet.
The front seat recliner is not working.
It wont pull the seat back up.
Visited MASS, they say it wont be covered under warranty and they dont even have it in stock.
Will talk to maruti directly about this.
Car was involved twice in minor accidents. Paint quality is pretty bad, paint is coming off around edges. Done at MASS.

Not really a satisfactory experience at MASS.

I have upgraded to Yokohama 195/60-R15 A-Drives and alloy wheels. Car feels much more planted and in control now.
Build quality of the car is pretty poor, especially the boot. Plastics on dashboard are of very poor quality.
ICE is very basic. I plan to upgrade it soon. Would like to keep the integrated HU, attach an amp and comps.

Overall experience has been satisfactory. I knew about the build quality of car before buying, so......
No problems in car otherwise. Engine, gearbox all good.
Turbo rush is to die for.
You get used to the turbo after driving it for a while. I don't feel any turbo lag now.

I dont like the overall look of the car.
Many people think that its back is pretty bad, which i find good (saving grace of the car). What i dont like is the side profile of the car. Its not proportionate.
I would been better off with swift, but needed boot. :(

Here are a few pictures of new wheels:
Attached Thumbnails
Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-80733d1229667683yokohamasnew15schnitzeracreplicawheelspicspg2dsc02113.jpg  

Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-80734d1229667683yokohamasnew15schnitzeracreplicawheelspicspg2dsc02114.jpg  

Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-80735d1229667683yokohamasnew15schnitzeracreplicawheelspicspg2dsc02115.jpg  

Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-80736d1229667683yokohamasnew15schnitzeracreplicawheelspicspg2dsc02116.jpg  

Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-80741d1229667683yokohamasnew15schnitzeracreplicawheelspicspg2dsc02121.jpg  

Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-80744d1229668029yokohamasnew15schnitzeracreplicawheelspicspg2dsc02124.jpg  

Swift DZire VDi - 20000 Kms Update - Few Problems-80751d1229668029yokohamasnew15schnitzeracreplicawheelspicspg2dsc02131.jpg  

SumitBahl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2009, 17:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wow! those are one of the best alloys i've seen off late. how much do the cost
And whats your expereince with the A drives after the XM1's could you do a comparison?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks