Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 13:45   #1
BHPian

Got my Black Beauty : Palio Stile 1.6 (Black)

Hi All,
I got my car delivered on 11th June from B U Bhandari Pune. The whole booking process was very smooth. They told me at the start that the black color is not available immediately and it will take 15 days for them to deliver and they delivered exactly on 15th day.

Well while chooising my ride, I had used this forum extensively and gone through almost all the threads on Palio Stile, Getz, Aveo UVA.

I had done test drive for Getz 1.3, Palio 1.6 and Aveo UVA ( I have learnt my driving on Swift But Swift was not on the list from the start - Personal choice)

Well, I will not go into more details about pro's and con's of other cars. But with Palio, I felt as if its built for me. I was totally comfortable in the car.
Here are some Pros
Good Leg Space
Great Exterior Styling (Alloys, Wide Tyres, Fog lamps, double barrel headlights add to the appeal)
Clutch is excellent, Sporty metal pedals are really great
This is a Torque engine, I do not know what it means technically but its damn powerfull.
The steering is great (with that added leather on 1.6)

Some cons from my point of view
Gear throws are bit long compared to other cars like Getz..But they slot in really well
Some other Cons like *** and resale are discussed at lenght in this form so I will not go over them. I had read good reviews about B U Bhandari. I hope they live upto that.

Some of the accessories installed from outside(Poona Motors..The service at this shop is amazing)
Llumar Sun Film (Front, Side and Back)
Blaupunkt Kingston MP47, JBL Components at front and JBL Coaxials at back, All stock locations
AutoCop Remote Locking
Mud flaps, Mats, Air freshner

I have completed 250 kms by now. I am loving every moment in this car.
The black color really looks elegant on Palio. The only thing is it gets dusty as well so need to maintain it well.
I had one or two guys coming up to me at the trafic signals and asking me about the FE. But I really did not measure FE. But at the end of conversation they also told me that this is damn good car.Enjoy.
If I would have been looking at FE then ofcourse I would not have bought this car. Its really heart taking over your mind when you buy Palio.
Well thats about it. Thanks for reading and I will update more about my car later.
Cheers
Pankaj
Old 17th June 2008, 14:12   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats. It looks like the 1.6 and the 1.3 MJD are the only selling versions of the Palio Stile. The 1.1's not caught too much favor, I guess.
Old 17th June 2008, 14:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, get the tyres changed ASAP as the stock ones are too thin for this car and affects handling and braking
Old 17th June 2008, 14:26   #4
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride Pankaj! Do post some pics of your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Congrats. It looks like the 1.6 and the 1.3 MJD are the only selling versions of the Palio Stile. The 1.1's not caught too much favor, I guess.
I don't know but I have never seen a palio stile 1.6 on the road in Delhi but I 4 or 5 times I have come across 1.1s

I think we don't get to hear about the 1.1s because we are a little skewed towards enthusiasts and the people who buy the 1.1 would probably buy it only due to the economic factors. I would like to believe that the 1.1 sells more than the 1.6
Old 17th June 2008, 14:26   #5
BHPian

Goodie Good

Congrats Pankaj, Rahulcool is right, upgrade your rubber now itself. I regret not upgrading when it was new.
cheers:
Old 17th June 2008, 14:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pankaj! Enjoy driving that Black Beast!
Old 17th June 2008, 14:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride buddy and post some pics too and have a safe drive.
Old 17th June 2008, 14:57   #8
BHPian

Congratulations, Pankaj. Please post some pictures. Black car with alloys are a treat to our eyes!
I am inclined to agree with Zuch. It's always that model with the smallest engine capacity that sells more - that was the case with even the sedans Accent and Ikon
Old 17th June 2008, 15:11   #9
BHPian

Good to hear

Hello Pankaj,
Its good to hear that you have bought a 1.6.But did you pay the extra 15K excise duty put by the Govt. on cars above 1500 cc?How much was the OTR for your car in Pune?Please post some pics. of the car ASAP.Have you put Oval Speakers in the rear parcel tray?Because you have said that you have all speakers in stock locations.But in Palio the rear speaker stock location is hopeless.Its too small.Hope you have put good ovals in the rear parcel tray.

Vignesh
1.2 Siena ELX/Chennai/OE FIAT Alloys/K&N Stock/14kmpl
Old 17th June 2008, 15:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bro !! Welcome to FIAT world
Old 17th June 2008, 15:25   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate. Drive safe
Old 17th June 2008, 16:39   #12
BHPian

Thanks All

@theMAG : Yep, I could see lots of 1.3s that were ready for delivery at B U Bhandari. I guess Palio 1.6 (because no other hatchback have 1.6 engine) / 1.3 MJD (because of its engine) are the hot favorites.

@Rahulkool and @eclectix 1st: Thanks guys. One query if you can reply me here. Can i sell these stock tyres and buy new one from the dealer. If I do so then what will be the damages moneywise. Also will it affect warranty?

@zuch and @VJ_MAVRICK: Thanks. I will surely post some pics pretty soon

@vigneshram : Hey, I had booked this car on 28th May. The OTR price in Pune was 4.58 lakhs. The prices were increased on 1st June by 10k. But I did not pay extra 10k though dealer was pusing me for paying. Also the new excise duty of 15k was declared just couple of days back. So in all I saved 25 k there.
I have not put ovals at back. I have put them in stock locations only. Overall I am satisfied with the sound quality. Blaupunkt HU is really crisp and clea. rAnyway I will upgrade the ICE once I get some money to blow on ICE.
Old 17th June 2008, 16:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

congrats pankaj on your new car. regarding tyres dealers will buy back the stock tyres for about 1500-1700 each if the mileage is under 200kms or so. after that depending on your budget and preferences there are different upgrades available regarding warranty unless your new tyres are the cause of something it will not be affected
Old 17th June 2008, 16:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Buddy! Keep us posted as you pile on miles.
Old 17th June 2008, 17:28   #15
BHPian

Congrats Pankaj,
nice buy , I must say you ll have to take care of her now.
Play safe with her .......

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks