Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 17:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

Great choice of car, Bouncer. The XL is a very underrated car. Glad you liked your purchase, enjoy.
Old 13th July 2008, 20:10   #47
BHPian

Thanks all BHPians for your nice words

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Buddy, were you vertically suspended for some of these shots . Very cool pics though
Thanks, Just shot these from my terrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Its a wonderful looking car!

Did you have to change the remote locking to enable the auto rollup of windows ?

Appreciate it if you can post your review of the ride and handling of this car.

thanks
Srini
No need to change remote locking. Its just a relay which is added to the existing remote locking and power windows systems. It costed me 2 K with fitting and comes with 1 year warranty.

Follow this link : : RAJATDEEP OVERSEAS PVT. LTD. : :
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo XL Classic Dicor - 20,000 KMs & 3rd Service Update-relay.jpg  

Old 18th July 2008, 11:36   #48
BHPian

Highway FE

Calculated the FE second time on a tank full to tank full basis.

This time it was approx 20% city and 80% highway running. A.C. on all the time. Speed on highway in the region of 100 to 110 kmph. I got 20.50 kms/ltr . Using normal diesel with system D.
Old 18th July 2008, 15:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
I got 20.50 kms/ltr . Using normal diesel with system D.
Boss this is unbeatable. Superb FE for that size of car
Old 18th July 2008, 16:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Bouncer. The 4th pic of the 1st page would fool you to mistake the XL for a Limo
Old 23rd July 2008, 17:54   #51
BHPian

Tyre got cut - had to replace

Day before yesterday I was travelling on highway. There was a stone with sharp edges, size a bit bigger than brick, lying in the middle of the road. My speed was about 85-90 kmph. The car in front of me was able to miss it by narrow margin. By the time I saw it emerging from under the car in front of me, my driver side front wheel was on it .

Suspension nearly bottomed out and tyre (tubeless Pilot Priceda II 185) was flat in 5-10 seconds. Changed the wheel, drove home and visited tyre dealership next day. The sidewall was cut aprrox. 2 inches by sharp edge of the stone. Had to replace the tyre. No damage to alloy and suspension. Total cost 4,050/-. Thank god I didn't loose control of the car at the time.
Bouncer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Had to replace the tyre. No damage to alloy and suspension. Total cost 4,050/-. Thank god I didn't loose control of the car at the time.
Hard Luck. Thank god, the damage was not extensive.
btw, congrats on your purchase! The interior space is awesome!! Let me admit frankly that I felt a tinge of envy, when I saw your pics
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

get the alignment check ASAP- also get the engine mounts and the front sturts checked just in case. such jolts are sure to loose nup something and you will have some noisy ride later on...

Btw - FE is great and not surprising from a Dicor. Great engine...
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
get the alignment check ASAP- also get the engine mounts and the front sturts checked just in case. such jolts are sure to loose nup something and you will have some noisy ride later on...

Btw - FE is great and not surprising from a Dicor. Great engine...
Drive safe Bouncer. I'm glad you did not have any serious problems. BTW, your car looks really good. I have a 2003 Indigo LX which has run 66000km. The engine is still strong. Regarding K&N stock replacement filter, I have used it for long time, but quite frankly I have not noticed any improvement either in performance or mileage. I don't think its worth investing in that.

Enjoy your ride..
Old 25th July 2008, 17:01   #55
BHPian

Thanks for the concerns and words of care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
get the alignment check ASAP- also...
Yes, scheduled this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Regarding K&N stock replacement filter.....
After hearing from fellow BHPians and looking at few write ups, I am coming to the same conclusion.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:04   #56
BHPian

Bouncer,

I will be taking delivery of my XL Classic DICOR tomorrow (31st Jul). Any specific do's and don'ts for the run in period? What grade of diesel are you using? Is the FE affected by the brand / grade of diesel (as I read in one of the Indigo CS reviews).

Chandru
Old 31st July 2008, 23:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Bouncer,

I will be taking delivery of my XL Classic DICOR tomorrow (31st Jul). Any specific do's and don'ts for the run in period? What grade of diesel are you using? Is the FE affected by the brand / grade of diesel (as I read in one of the Indigo CS reviews).

Chandru
Congratulations for your new car Chandru.

I am using normal Diesel (HP pump, no specific reason, it's just close to home) with System D additive right from day one.

Running in period - follow speed limit specified for each gear (you will find a sticker on windshield at driver side top corner), Don't rev it too hard, that's it!

If you are new to diesels, don't forget to wait for glow plug (heater) sign to disappear before cranking the engine. This is my first diesel and I blew ignition fuse on second day by forgetting this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Extensive use of wipers was done since last week only (since it poured and poured), and a manufacturing fault was disclosed. The wipers when turned on are giving knocking sound from linkage part. Visited dealer workshop; they checked and confirmed this. Tomorrow they are changing the whole wiper linkage assembly under warranty.

Last edited by Bouncer : 31st July 2008 at 23:48.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations for your new car Chandru.

I am using normal Diesel (HP pump, no specific reason, it's just close to home) with System D additive right from day one.

Running in period - follow speed limit specified for each gear (you will find a sticker on windshield at driver side top corner), Don't rev it too hard, that's it!

If you are new to diesels, don't forget to wait for glow plug (heater) sign to disappear before cranking the engine. This is my first diesel and I blew ignition fuse on second day by forgetting this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Extensive use of wipers was done since last week only (since it poured and poured), and a manufacturing fault was disclosed. The wipers when turned on are giving knocking sound from linkage part. Visited dealer workshop; they checked and confirmed this. Tomorrow they are changing the whole wiper linkage assembly under warranty.
Thanks Bouncer. I did have a problem on my first attempt - not with the glow plug but with the Engine immobilizer.
I will have to wait at least another 3 months before the heavy rains start in Chennai. I will sure keep a watch for the wiper problem.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi Bouncer & Chandru.

> If you are new to diesels, don't forget to wait for glow plug (heater) sign to
> disappear before cranking the engine.

If you can, try waiting another 10 seconds after the glow plug light has gone off and then crank.

See if there is any difference.
Old 1st August 2008, 14:16   #60
BHPian

Yes Rajesh, there is significant difference if one waits for 10 seconds or so. It starts in flash. I had tried after reading this in some other thread. Was that posted by you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks