Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 16:33   #76
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@rajivn. I seriously wish Ford Fusion would be still in production in say two years time (by then, my FF would be very close to 150K kms).

I feel Ford would continue to produce this model as they make huge margins on the product. FF TDCi falls under the small car category (lower Excise Duty 8%), has bear minimum features (low cost) and has a lot of parts being shared with Fiesta and the Icon (both TDCi) (another low cost), while the product is sold at a premium price.

Ford really makes fantastic engines and my worry is only the prices of spares which would need replacement as the clock ticks. As of now, I have been paying on an average 2.5 K Rs per service (6 services till date)

I also own a Toyota Corolla and I feel more comfortable driving a Fusion that a Corolla. It has nothing to do with driving comfort, but the rugged nature of Fusion and "go anywhere" attitide. While driving a Corolla, I'm extra careful to save it from the biker devils who can't see a well maintained good-looking car!!

Ford Figo is a completely different segment and it will not affect sales of Fusion.

@rajeshvin: I have already clocked 66 K kms and in another two months, I would cross 75 K kms. The TDCi is beautifully built and if serviced well, it would last for a lifetime.

Last edited by MAS : 17th October 2009 at 16:42.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:37   #77
BHPian

It may be off the topic but I would like to say something about the Fusion's Duratorq engine which is doing job in Figo too. I Got the chance to drive my cousin's friend's Ford Fusion+ TDCi Duratorq for 623 kms mostly on highway (~440 km), sub-urban (~160 km) and city (~23 km) roads. We were 5 people on board and I drove the vehicle for entire journey. I never exceeded 100 kph in top gear/2500 rpm in any gear. I am very much impressed by the power of the engine, even with 5 people, on uphills the car pulled very smoothly. Handling is perfect, gear shift has long throws but slots perfectly and the most thought about factor the fuel efficiency is impressive too. The car consumed 29.28 litres of diesel i.e 623 km/28.6 l = 21.78 kmpl. Definitely duratorq is one of the best diesel unit.
Old 27th July 2012, 01:36   #78
BHPian

62K KM later

After 62,000 KM, here are a few pictures (ignore the lack of wheel nut covers in the first pic - they were not fixed back after service).

Evidently this one covers some rough terrain.
Attached Thumbnails
From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq)-fusion62k1.jpg  

From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq)-fusion62k2.jpg  

From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq)-fusion62k3.jpg  

Old 27th July 2012, 08:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Re: From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq)

@Glass,

The super hatch looks in pristine condition. I am sure you must be taking good care of the car. Did you take the workshop to task for the missing nut covers?

Whats the performance like, has it come down or still the same? What about the mileage. Do share the details.

Happy many more mile crunching and drive safely.
Old 27th July 2012, 11:12   #80
BHPian

Thanks ghodlur. Yes, the covers were in the boot and were fixed later as in pics 2 and 3.

No change in performance from when it was new. Had to replace the tyres and some sundry parts during the last 4 years as part of maintenance, still running on original battery. Mileage remains between 15.5 - 17.5 km/l of diesel - no change on that either.

And give me another car that can carry this - the fertilizer bag behind should give an indication of the drum size.
Attached Thumbnails
From Fusion to Fusion: My Ford Fusion Diesel Plus (TDCi/DuraTorq)-fusion62k4.jpg  

Last edited by Glass : 27th July 2012 at 11:23. Reason: Added pic
Glass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 11:59   #81

Good to see Fusion being put to good use. I use mine on similar terrain and it has stood up to the task very well. 90K Kms in 4 years, 2 sets of tyres, clutch replacement @ 50k Kms and a recent battery change followed by a/c evaporator replacement. Still peppy as ever and an average of 16.5KMPL.

Did consider change when Fusion was discontinued. But haven't come up with a worthy alternative. Looked at Duster, but ol FF has more charm!
Old 27th July 2012, 14:34   #82
BHPian

Fusion !!! hmm, it is my all time favorite car. Honestly speaking, I'm always ready to exchange my Fiesta with Fusion any day.
Jebs is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 21:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

I wish they'd still produced the Fusion nowadays. I'd have bought it straight away. It is so much better than other cars in the segment.

@Glass---thanks for the update and wish you many more miles in the FF
Old 30th July 2012, 22:07   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
No change in performance from when it was new. Had to replace the tyres and some sundry parts during the last 4 years as part of maintenance, still running on original battery. Mileage remains between 15.5 - 17.5 km/l of diesel - no change on that either.

And give me another car that can carry this - the fertilizer bag behind should give an indication of the drum size.
Wow, that Fusion is carrying some seriously heavy-duty luggage. I still can't understand why the market responded so poorly to brilliant cars like the Mondeo and Fusion. I pity Ford for not enjoying success that they deserve for products like these. Wishing you many more happy miles in the Fusion TDCi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I wish they'd still produced the Fusion nowadays. I'd have bought it straight away. It is so much better than other cars in the segment.
. Fusion was much ahead of its time in India and with the i20 opening up the premium hatchback segment, I wish Fusion was still produced and sold here. Why other cars, the Fusion is so much better than Ford's own Figo.
Old 31st July 2012, 03:27   #85
BHPian

Re: 62K KM later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
After 62,000 KM, here are a few pictures

Evidently this one covers some rough terrain.
Hey Glass,

I have come across a Fusion TDCi - 2009, 40K KMS done with no history of accidents. Chennai.

Could you suggest me a price to quote for the same and What should I look for as far as the mechanicals of the car is concerned.

Apart from tyres, battery etc.,

Suspension, drive shaft, turbo, in general the engine, AC etc., what ever you can think of. As you have been with a FF for 62K KMS.

Cheers,
Chaos
Old 31st July 2012, 09:53   #86
BHPian

Re: 62K KM later

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hey Glass,

I have come across a Fusion TDCi - 2009, 40K KMS done with no history of accidents. Chennai.

Could you suggest me a price to quote for the same and What should I look for as far as the mechanicals of the car is concerned.

Apart from tyres, battery etc.,

Suspension, drive shaft, turbo, in general the engine, AC etc., what ever you can think of. As you have been with a FF for 62K KMS.

Cheers,
Chaos
Hi revv_maniac,

Clutch, evaporator, steering column and brake pads will be the things to check. I think engine problems are relatively rare.

As for the price, try checking carwale or posting in fordfusion : Ford Fusion owners and enthusiasts - I have no idea.

Good luck.
Old 29th June 2013, 19:46   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
You seem to be in love with Fusion. I doubt if new Fusions wud be available or if current Fusion would be upgraded. Figo is the trump card for Ford now.

I guess Fiestas and Fusions can last 150k kms. With proper service and maintenance you can try extending it to 200k kms. I would like to see the durability of these engines and the whole car as such cuz you may not be able to buy another Fusion. Ikons in most cases gave troubles 1lakh kms(especially old 1.8D). But I have seen Fiestas that had 75k kms on odo doing duty flawlessly. Will they last another 75k without giving troubles is yet to be seen though.
I have Fusion + (1.6 ) which I bought in 2005 and till date has covered 1,80,000 kilometers . No major issues so far just routine things like clutch (1.0 lakhs kms) , brake pads , water pump , ac condensor (1.4 ) . A constant nagging problem is the plastic cladding which keeps falling off !! .I am in love with this car and till date I have not found another hatch to replace it . The ride is extremely comfortable and is an ideal choice for long drives . The suspension can take a lot of abuse .
Old 9th July 2013, 19:50   #88
BHPian

I think we are all stuck with nowhere to go

I have clocked 83K in 5 years and still people ask me if it is a couple of months old, despite me abusing it as a truck often.

Most Viewed