Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2008, 10:59   #61
BHPian

Shuvd - Thanks for your encouraging words. Can you please confirm the FE for Magnum?
Old 26th July 2008, 13:12   #62
BHPian

Congrats, sir, on the new car. It looks smoking hot :-) Love the eyes, love the color, boy I love everything. Keep revving!
Old 27th July 2008, 01:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesel
i wish the civic did come with a sunroof. and the reasons i would not buy a magnum at 10 laks plus are, it does not look 10 laks, horrid resale. no sunroof in diesel. front looks weird i liked the 2005 much better. but im scared they might launch a new civic in 2009 with sunroof not sure though
I am glad they don't. Sun roof's are notorious for rattles and also are high maintenance, else they often start creaking and leaking. Moreover little practical usage in India.
My 2 year old Civic still runs rattle free in Bangalore.
Old 28th July 2008, 21:40   #64
BHPian

ST677
is this high maintaince description goes for branded sunroofs as well, like automatic from WEBASTO as am about to finalise
Old 29th July 2008, 13:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4_attitude View Post
ST677
is this high maintaince description goes for branded sunroofs as well, like automatic from WEBASTO as am about to finalise
I would assume so. From my limited knowledge, unless the car is specifically designed to accomodate a sunroof, it would be wise not to tamper with the structural rigidity of the vehicle. It can be argued that the roof is not a structural member, but I still feel it has to be installed after much deliberation. I have heard reports of leaking sunroofs from reputed brands.
Old 29th July 2008, 14:12   #66
Senior - BHPian

Guys, again a biig sorry for the late replies. Shifting our office.

@ Planet - Our complex has no designated parking spots. It becomes a free for all at night. Have to park wherever there is an empty space.

@ Ishan - No progress with the wheels. Got your text. But, couldn't find any on the HR site. Need to look at the catalog.

@ Rudra Da - Thanks. I was not happy with the Magnum's road manners. Can't put a finger on it but, something was missing. A.S.S. was pretty bad too. No complaints about the engine though!

@ Bobby - Thanks mate! But, since when did two cars make a fleet??

@ Johy - Thank you sir! When is your A/T coming??

The ICE will be completed today!!!
Old 30th July 2008, 13:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
@ Johy - Thank you sir! When is your A/T coming??
Boss, the car is nowhere in sight :-(. The seller gone vendoring his car to every T, D, & H in town, there is not a soul who does know about it - but no car at hand to show. I just feel maybe it is a lost cause :-( .
Old 31st July 2008, 12:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

@ shuvd - congrats on the ICE. where are the pics of the ICE - you dont have to do "hamaguri" for the ICE pics
Old 31st July 2008, 18:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ shuvd - congrats on the ICE. where are the pics of the ICE - you dont have to do "hamaguri" for the ICE pics
Thanks!! Weren't YOU supposed to help me with the pics??
Old 31st July 2008, 18:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

lazy boy! i know that i am supposed to take pics - will do that soon.

any update on the wheels? have you considered painting the stock wheels black with chrome lip? IMO the stock alloys look good.

Regards,

lazy
Old 2nd August 2008, 16:39   #71
Senior - BHPian

Burning smell!!

While taking the car out from my basement parking, I had to rev beyond 3.5k. As I came out, I could smell something burning!! Before this, the car was idling for about an hour (ICE tuning). What could be wrong? It never takes 3.5ks to get the car out!!
Old 2nd August 2008, 17:25   #72
Senior - BHPian

well you probably slipped the clutch while taking the car out of the basement.thats why the 3.5k rpm.so it might have been smell from the clutch.nothing more than that.just take care of the clutch for a few kilometers and it'll be ok.its a tough clutch.

one thing i wanted to ask you was that after running her for the few kms.like say 20-30.do the front alloy wheels get substancially hot because of the brakes.

how's the mileage of the car.my cars giving close to 12.5 without AC.it dips a lot with the AC.
Old 17th August 2008, 07:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

Well, it had to happen

At a traffic signal, a yellow plate MUV rolled back and made two small scratches on the left wing mirror. Our driver was at the wheel and he didn't have the presence of mind to fold the mirrors!

At a parking lot, someone nudged the rear bumper and chipped off the paint at three spots. The bumper is looking UGLY!

Taking the car for 1 month/1K kms service today.

Oh! Have ordered for BFG G-Force Sport 205/60/15s.
Old 17th August 2008, 07:28   #74
Senior - BHPian

I just got my car serviced.its very weird that the service adviser said that the oil is not supposed to be changed.but true to my rule of getting the oil changed at regular times.i insisted that it be changed.

also when you get your car back do ask the adviser to get the interior of the car done up.get the leather cleaned up with some liquid they use.this is because sometimes there are very small grease marks on the seats.also it'll make the car as good as new.
Old 17th August 2008, 08:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I just got my car serviced.its very weird that the service adviser said that the oil is not supposed to be changed.but true to my rule of getting the oil changed at regular times.i insisted that it be changed.

also when you get your car back do ask the adviser to get the interior of the car done up.get the leather cleaned up with some liquid they use.this is because sometimes there are very small grease marks on the seats.also it'll make the car as good as new.
I always make sure that the engine oil is changed during first service. Its often hard to explain the WHY to the service advisors.
Few queries: What is the oil capacity? How much do they charge for the oil filter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks