Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 14:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Great TD report & pics katalysm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalysm76 View Post
Ok guys I had the car for more than 3hrs with me so i got a chance to do a detailed photo shoot,as the car arrived at my office i took it for a small spin.
Wow! That's a LONG time to have a TD car. They must like you at Ford!
Old 24th July 2008, 16:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

@AK thats a nice TD review,i used to own a ikon 1.3 earlier after using it for good 6yrs one thing was sure the Ford cars dont rattle even when they become old,by the way does the car starts knocking at low speeds in hi-gear,i.e. at the speeds of 30-40km in high gear when you try to accelerate the engine starts making some sort of knocking noise,ive heard it in many cars...cheers again nice efforts put together.

Ramie
Old 24th July 2008, 16:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
I do think the rear seat comfort in the 1.6 S would be less as compared to the 1.6 SXi :
a) No rear center armrest b) No adjustable head rest c) The height of the rear seat itself appears shorter and may not provide full support to the neck.
Good observation, sridharps. I have pointed out these deficiencies too in another post. Ford ought not to have pruned these features in the 1.6 S.

One good improvement by Ford is the introduction of an MP3 compatible player. But I still feel they should have retained the 2-din 6-cd changer and made that MP3 compatible.

BTW, has anybody compared the output of the new cd player with the old Fiesta 1.6 sxi's? Is there any variation in sound quality? How is the sound when you connect an aux-in? Maruti SX4 owners have reported that an Ipod connected to the stock ICE in the SX4 sounds better than a cd played in the same player. Is the scenario the same in the Fiesta?

Last edited by vnabhi : 24th July 2008 at 16:25.
Old 24th July 2008, 16:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Is the Ford Fiesta 1.6 Diesel Launched ? ?
No, it isn't man.... From my knowledge People used to talk about the new fiesta coming with all new looks and even saw pictures of the brazilian version of fiesta which looked like Mondeo... but then with small changes this 1.6S variant came out and the same is available in 1.4S(Diesel) variant. And there is also a rumour that there would be Fiesta available in 1.6(Diesel) variant with 100+ BHP. and this current 1.4 ltr diesel engine would be fitted in Ikon. Don't know how far it's true.
Old 24th July 2008, 16:48   #35
BHPian

@katalysm76 :-
Now thats a complete review friend.
Ford has skipped on leather seats, which the car desperately needs, especially at that price. Nonetheless, if I were in the market for a nice sedan, I'd choose this one over its peers.Fantastic review again!
Old 24th July 2008, 16:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Great TD report & pics katalysm!

Wow! That's a LONG time to have a TD car. They must like you at Ford!
I just hope they give a good discount when i go to buy other than liking me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
@AK thats a nice TD review,i used to own a ikon 1.3 earlier after using it for good 6yrs one thing was sure the Ford cars dont rattle even when they become old,by the way does the car starts knocking at low speeds in hi-gear,i.e. at the speeds of 30-40km in high gear when you try to accelerate the engine starts making some sort of knocking noise,ive heard it in many cars...cheers again nice efforts put together.

Ramie
ramie2400 till my knowledge i was just doing good speeds with the car so didn't got a chance to checkout the low-end speeds at high gear shifts,I dont think it might have any issues regarding this,as i floored the car a couple of times i could only feel a slight push of the car zipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Good observation, sridharps. I have pointed out these deficiencies too in another post. Ford ought not to have pruned these features in the 1.6 S.

One good improvement by Ford is the introduction of an MP3 compatible player. But I still feel they should have retained the 2-din 6-cd changer and made that MP3 compatible.

BTW, has anybody compared the output of the new cd player with the old Fiesta 1.6 sxi's? Is there any variation in sound quality? How is the sound when you connect an aux-in? Maruti SX4 owners have reported that an Ipod connected to the stock ICE in the SX4 sounds better than a cd played in the same player. Is the scenario the same in the Fiesta?
I dont have an Ipod,to test the port and compactability I connected my 2yrs old Creative Muvo 256mb mp3 player to the Aux.port,to tell you frankly the mp3 cd/fm sounded better with clarity.Or is it my creative might not sound as good as the Ipod,thats also a possiblity.

I am writing down the points and i will try to check all in my next test-drive.

cheers

AK
Old 24th July 2008, 16:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
@katalysm76 :-
Now thats a complete review friend.
Ford has skipped on leather seats, which the car desperately needs, especially at that price. Nonetheless, if I were in the market for a nice sedan, I'd choose this one over its peers.Fantastic review again!
Thanks @roms,even i feel for that comfort and designing levels one must have even provided the leather seats to make it look more richer,they have the leather options on the website but we need to pay extra for it seems,trust me the interior looks really awesome and neat,the stiching on the seats if we get on the leather it would look rocking..cheers

AK
Old 24th July 2008, 17:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:

I dont have an Ipod,to test the port and compactability I connected my 2yrs old Creative Muvo 256mb mp3 player to the Aux.port,to tell you frankly the mp3 cd/fm sounded better with clarity.Or is it my creative might not sound as good as the Ipod,thats also a possiblity.

AK
Most creative players have good SQ even better then Ipods, particularly Creative ZEN - This I have seen it being mentioned quite a few times in audiophile forums. So there is a good chance of Ipod sounding simillar in the ICE.
Old 24th July 2008, 17:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,sorry was too much engrossed with work so could not post the TD completely,I am ex termly sorry for the delay in the driveablity report in the tested & ripped format
AK
No problem, thanks for the detailed report! It would be great if you can merge it with the pics so that we have both in one place!
Old 24th July 2008, 17:53   #40
BHPian

A very nice review indeed, katalysm76. But i must add further to your observations and to ramie's query; no, the car does not knock at all at low speed and in higher gear. Infact me and my dad were specifically asked by the salesperson to check it out during our TD two years back. I think you were busy flooring it. So when you planning to buy the Fiesta 1.6S?

dhaval
Old 24th July 2008, 18:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
A very nice review indeed, katalysm76. But i must add further to your observations and to ramie's query; no, the car does not knock at all at low speed and in higher gear. Infact me and my dad were specifically asked by the salesperson to check it out during our TD two years back. I think you were busy flooring it. So when you planning to buy the Fiesta 1.6S?

dhaval
@dhaval:You said it right i was flooring the car more than driving i was basically feeling the quickness of the car.My plans are ON,i inquired with SC ford,the booking have started but the delievery will be starting anytime next month.

Dhaval i just saw your gallery,even you have a ford fiesta 1.6sxi,hows the performance,any modifications you have done to your ride?The built quality and fit/finish is nice in its class.

AK

Last edited by katalysm76 : 24th July 2008 at 18:17.
Old 24th July 2008, 20:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ramie2400 till my knowledge i was just doing good speeds with the car so didn't got a chance to checkout the low-end speeds at high gear shifts,I dont think it might have any issues regarding this,as i floored the car a couple of times i could only feel a slight push of the car zipping.
Hey kataylsm76 thanks for clearing my query,as mentioned i had a ford ikon and it never knocked even on low speeds and then when i was about to buy my getz 1.3,i had kept it in my mind about checking this low speed on high gear issue.I am sure members here would also see into this when they are about to choose their new cars.

ramie
Old 2nd August 2008, 11:35   #43
BHPian

I again had gone to SC ford to TD the car,the wan't available for TD,but they promised to arrange within 2days,I got a call on thursday that if i was still interested in taking a TD,i said sure why not,and fixed it for yesterday,me and my cousin went and we got the Aqua blue 1.6 Fiesta for TD.This time i was dead sure to make all the missing points.The things what i covered up was looking for the built quality it was good and upto the mark,all fit and finshing was with rich feel,again the drawback i felt was the leather seats(which i inquired with a accessories shop was quite reasonable).The engine did not vibrate or knocking sounds at lower speeds in high gear and still when i tried to accelerate a little it just zoomed off,unfortunately while taking a 'U'-turn the rear tyre hit the divider,nothing major happened,just a scratch on the alloy.The sales guy said "sir its not a problem,no worries".This ime the TD was hardly 10-15mins,i found the car to be very very comfortable and hassel free to drive,I am waiting for the estimate mail from SC Ford,My heart is locked over the Morello purplish colour,I might book the car this week itself... cheers

AK
Old 2nd August 2008, 13:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My heart is locked over the Morello purplish colour,I might book the car this week itself... cheers

AK
Wow Congrats !! A lot of people have been going in for this colour!
Old 3rd August 2008, 00:21   #45
BHPian

Congrats AK for the great review. This is a VFM options in its class.
I also did consider Fiesta - I had approached the Fiesta Sports with lots of expectations - but got badly disappointed with the compromise they have made to the interiors. So made a swing to SXi and thought of adding spoiler, alloys, skirts etc. But my TD was again disappointing probably because of the specific vehicle and that benchmark was my existing Ikon with the same 1.6Rocam engine.

I finally moved away also because my budget was a little more and could look for other options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks