Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2008, 13:19   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
my brother calls it JUMBO JET).

Is this common in all MJD's? Is it supposed to switch on only after few KMs (once the engine is heated up)?
Oh my wife calls it the A380 it is supposed to be bigger than 747

Yes but the fan makes a whole lot of sound it is usually with the AC on. I dont think it is the coolant fan. i have got into the habit of switching all electrical devices before i switch off the car. So the ac usually comes on when i hit the open road and usually not on the dirt track we call our apartment drive way

and the amount of dust it kicks up and the dust is really visible after i have just polished the car very very embarassing.
Old 24th September 2008, 17:43   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
My Palio's radiator fan (that s how i call it) switches on as soon as i start the car (and the fan noise is loud n annoying

This is NOt At ALL common in MJD's.It is supposed to switched on only when the A/c is switched on ,Not at the time you start the car,Not even after few KMs
(once the engine is heated up).Radiator fan does makes noise but its is only when the A/c is switched On.

There are 2 Fan In the radiator one is a small Fan and the other a Big One which is only on when the A/c is switched on ,this is the one which make noise,But its run on RPM factor depending on the temp of the car, so that the heat of the car is under control. The other small fan is used as a Blower which hardly makes noise.

This Is A PROBLEM : Which can happen due to few reasons:

cooling circuit/Pipe has a air vacuum in it and the vacuum/air in valve needs to be taken out.

The coolant is not being properly used by the Enginee, no means of circulating the coolant through the core, & the temp sensor IC gets triggered and send the signal to the Fans to start so that the extra heat build up gets cut down.

IF this is happening from the day one than ITS A FACTORY MAKE PROBLEM write to FIAT About it .

P.S:I had came across this kind of issue in a friends Indica and the issue was fixed after the air vacuum was taken out .
Old 24th September 2008, 17:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Hi TomRider,

> After 120 it vibrates.. like a diesel enfield. but after 140 it is smooth again.

Vibrations which are speed sensitive are usually a balancing issue. You could try a balancing of the front wheels alone.

If the weights that are stuck to the wheels have been used, it also could be that the weight has fallen off!
Old 24th September 2008, 17:53   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post

P.S:I had came across this kind of issue in a friends Indica and the issue was fixed after the air vacuum was taken out .
This had happened once on my Indica too and it was resolved exactly by taking out the air vacuum.
Old 25th September 2008, 07:12   #95
BHPian

@ AadiAtPlay & Tom

Does This Helps ?
Can You also update about the temperature sensors meter,where does the needle stays when both Fans are On.
Old 25th September 2008, 09:42   #96
BHPian

Hi Jaaz...
Thanks for the detailed info. The fan makes noice only wen the AC is switched on (I never switch off AC in my car). The fan starts running seconds after the car is started. Anyways, I will get it checked this weekend.
Old 25th September 2008, 12:35   #97
BHPian

When i initially got the car i was worried about the fan cause it used to kick up a whole lot of dust.

But most Palio owner told me that is completely normal for Palios (notice i say Palio not just the MJD).

when i park i need to stop and then reverse into my slot so i pull my windows down so that i can see and hear my watchman guiding me into my slot; i hear a fan noise - loud and then i switch of my AC and the fan noise stops immediately then i hear a usual whine of the radiator that is not very loud (louder than most petrol but less than an Indica).

i hope this helps
Old 25th September 2008, 18:01   #98
BANNED

I don't think I have heard this fan sound in my car so far. But I don't use a/c often.
Old 26th September 2008, 12:53   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hi Tom,

Firstly, congratulations for the lovely looking white colour and white alloys!

As I have understood so far,

1. The first fan (radiator fan?) works when you switch on the engine and is barely audible above the characteristic clatter of the engine.

2. The second fan comes on only when you switch on the AC / blower or when the engine heats up beyond a certain temperature. Or maybe if you revv beyond a certain limit. This fan is fairly loud and can be heard above the sound of the engine (similar to your "Jumbo Jet" engine noise)

From my experience, I do not recollect the second fan coming on whenever I have not used the AC. On the other hand, I often switch off the AC & Blower at Red Lights etc., both to conserve fuel and to show off my silent diesel engine . The second fan goes off a little while after switching off the AC / blower.

As a habit, I never switch on the AC before driving 1-2 kms or before the engine temp gauge rises above the "C" position. And I always switch off the AC 1/2 km or so before reaching destination. It prevents thermal shock to the body (human body, not car body) and also prevents kicking up the dust!!
Old 26th September 2008, 14:23   #100
BHPian

This Phenomenon is normal on all Palio's (petrol & Diesel). The fan noise comes up usually when A.C. is switched on, and sometimes even stays on even after you switch off the ignition. On an indica, this fan comes up, during bumper to bumper traffic and also when a.c is switched on, when the engine has to handle loads, but the cut-off is earlier than the palio.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:33   #101
BANNED

I repeat, I haven't heard this blower sound since first day and that is more than 3 months now.
Old 26th September 2008, 21:04   #102
BHPian

1> My MJD Palio's transparent plastic part on the instrument cluster starts vibrating whenever I hit some bad road or higher gear at lower speed.
It sounds very irritating. Shown it to Concorde Service Advisor. According to him - one should not mess around with the front panel/dashboard as it is easy to remove the parts but while fixing it back the clips sometimes becomes loose.
I am not happy with this noise as I hear it every now and then whenever there is any vibration in the Car.
Thinking of going to Green Tracks Bangalore and meet Babu to show him this issue. Has anybody faced the similar issue.

2> Also sometimes I hear some vibratory noise from my steering beige triangle. Concrode motors told me that they will replace that.
But overall not happy with Concorde Motors and seriously thinking of Meeting Babu to show him my car.
3> Also my car sometimes gives me a jerk when I engage 2 gear. This happens while engaging 2 gear only. It annoys me while driving.
I am driving petrol cars for the last 10 years never had this jerk issue while driving them.
4> At low speed with 3/4 gear car vibrates a lot. I try to avoid this situation but with Bangalore traffic every now and then I land into this and then feels bad about my Palio.

Help me in solving these issues if anybody had already faced these.

Fiat_Fan
Old 27th September 2008, 00:12   #103

My MJD is about 5 days old. Havnt driven her around much yet. In the lower gears the car has quite some vibrations inside but not the plastics as mentioned. Not sure if that helped but once am doin 30+ its smooth. Although the engine noise is on the higher side.

Also I have been following the 'keep inside 2k RPM' rule ..and I find the shift to 4th too early (which I change from 3rd when I am near the 2k mark) . the car kinda gaargles. Any advice ?
Old 27th September 2008, 07:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_fan View Post
1>Thinking of going to Green Tracks Bangalore and meet Babu to show him this issue. Has anybody faced the similar issue. overall not happy with Concorde Motors and seriously thinking of Meeting Babu to show him my car.
Fiat_Fan
Your answers Is right is front of you, take it to Green Tracks,
they will fix the job in no time , Concorde Motors says a lot of things which does not makes sense if there is a problem with the steering babu will tell you.
Old 27th September 2008, 09:14   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcherSS View Post
My MJD is about 5 days old. Havnt driven her around much yet. In the lower gears the car has quite some vibrations inside but not the plastics as mentioned. Not sure if that helped but once am doin 30+ its smooth. Although the engine noise is on the higher side.

Also I have been following the 'keep inside 2k RPM' rule ..and I find the shift to 4th too early (which I change from 3rd when I am near the 2k mark) . the car kinda gaargles. Any advice ?
Dont baby the lady... some of em like it hard

2k is a guideline.... you can gradually increase so anywhere between 2-3k is fine once the car has heated up.

Vibrations will reduce after the first service or if you do a long highway trip !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks