Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 00:03   #121
BHPian

Tom Can we have a mileage update?
I am looking forward to your answer as I dont want my FE to drop down after the upgrade.
Old 14th October 2008, 10:01   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Tom Can we have a mileage update?
I am looking forward to your answer as I dont want my FE to drop down after the upgrade.
I was getting ~14kmpl in city and got ~17kmpl on highway. But i have not checked it for a long time. Once got a FE of ~16kmpl in city under sane driving. I am not checking my FE for another 1.5k kms as My car 's covered 6k kms already. So i will do the FE check after 2nd service.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 14th October 2008, 15:21   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
I was getting ~14kmpl in city and got ~17kmpl on highway. But i have not checked it for a long time. Once got a FE of ~16kmpl in city under sane driving. I am not checking my FE for another 1.5k kms as My car 's covered 6k kms already. So i will do the FE check after 2nd service.

Cheers,
Tom
Tom Your FE figure is very scary .Is it because of the upgrade?
Old 14th October 2008, 20:48   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
Tom Your FE figure is very scary .Is it because of the upgrade?
Not because of the upgrade.. it s because of my driving style. That s all.
Old 17th October 2008, 19:02   #125
BHPian

Query

Spolier, Side Skirts, Bumper lips, etc on Palio Stile? Anyone?
Old 25th October 2008, 11:50   #126
BHPian

Accessories for my Palio SDX- Need your assitance

I have to put some accessories in my car during this weekend.
Please let me know the best place to do so in South Bangalore.
List of accessories are below :-

1> Car cover for the Palio Stile (Dealer told me for old palio car covers are available but not for the new Palio, I need new Palio Cover). Let me know the name of the brand and place from where I can buy that.

2> Have to apply LLumar film on my car specially on the front to save my car's dashboard from burning. Which model number of the film will be suitable ? For the other windows I will put a very light coloured film again what model number and from where in Bangalore?

3> I have to buy Seat Cover for my car. Zeroed in on the art leather (not the custom ones). Which shop to buy them in South Bangalore? Budget is max 5-6K.

4> Music System is in the pipeline. Which shop in Bangalore can do this job properly on Palio Stile. Do not want anybody to mess up the wiring.
My budget is less than 16K. Best combination of speakers and HU (donot want to go for CDPlayer instead prefer USB and aux in HU)

Please do reply soon.
Old 26th October 2008, 01:29   #127
BHPian

Here is what you can do :

The shop name is Top Car Decor,Contact Person:Nasir on 99866-98937
Near Sagar Apollo,tilak nagar.call him first he will give you the Best deal,
Get all the Price first ,if you think its to high tell him that Farhan Gave me your no and told me that you will give some discounts.

I had Got my Seat Cover done form them,best in Blore took 3,600 with dual design Seat Cover of beige & black color for my car( art leather)

Its has every thing in one shop, check it out ......
Old 27th October 2008, 12:12   #128
BHPian

Thanks Jazzy_2cool for the information.
I tried to call the give number but its temporary disconnected. Probably I will try to go there and look out for this shop.
If you can give me the directions then it would be nice.
I will check on the road that has sagar appolo till Garuda Swagath Mall. I hope that this shop is on that road itself.
Old 27th October 2008, 19:52   #129
BHPian

The Shop is on the Main Road,Right hand side .
Additional Info :Sadiq 9880197867,land Line :41113620
Do Speak to Nasir over there......Not Sure which route you will take
#19/30th Cross ,tilak nagar main Road,Near Sagar Apollo, bannerghatta road wala.......
Old 24th November 2008, 21:55   #130

Query

Hi Tom,

I am looking forward to booking a car pretty soon & i had the same setup in mind esp While palio with matching alloys & seeing your posted pics it looks damn attractive congrats! I have read about the rattling & noise issues in Swift D & palio D in the long term, are you experiencing it ?
What about the servicing part for Your vehicle in bangalore, hows the experience been so far?
your inputs will be really valuable. I have 3 options with Swift VDI ABS, IKON D & Fiat SDX. Driving mostly in Bangalore City , Bangalore- Mysore.
Heart on the Palio.Mind on the Swift. Ikon the Dark Horse.
What do you say?
Old 25th November 2008, 02:56   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_aditya View Post
Hi Tom,

I am looking forward to booking a car pretty soon ,I have read about the rattling & noise issues in Swift D & palio D in the long term, are you experiencing it ?What about the servicing part for Your vehicle in bangalore, hows the experience been so far? I have 3 options with Swift VDI ABS, IKON D & Fiat SDX. Driving mostly in Bangalore City , Bangalore- Mysore.Heart on the Palio.Mind on the Swift. Ikon the Dark Horse.
What do you say?
Hey tom sorry taking this away

No Offence aditya,But You better make up your mind first,See your comfort zone ,then Do a TD of all the cars .............matching alloys and x y z can be done later as well.If I was you in buying a new car I would had gone with the option of car which is in my Heart without Having second thoughts.Both cars are good in there own ways....
(New Ikon not in the list as i dont have any idea)

NVH Is 3% in MJD ,however things get settled down in some time the engine noise ll be higher looking at new swift untill you reach 2nd service or 8k kms on the MJD.I own MJD and have done above 11k , till date FE has been mind blowing 18+ .I love this beast,has not disappointed me yet in terms of Speed,Acceleration,Power & Push which are amazing with excellent braking.You feel safe and solid which can’t be just said by words.car runs on the road with the head high like a Beast .....lolz and about servicing Be Happy Green Tracks is The Best in Blore and they take care of every thing which FIAT needs.

Do Take inputs from others as well & do not Rush ,ALL The Best .

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 25th November 2008 at 03:04.
Old 25th November 2008, 09:31   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
Spolier, Side Skirts, Bumper lips, etc on Palio Stile? Anyone?
IMO the spoiler and bumper lip would spoil the wholesome look but side skirts, um.. may be good, but where would one get these?
Old 25th November 2008, 17:20   #133

Thanks for your Initiative & unbiased view Jazzy, I just wanted to have an long term ownership & Dealer experience opinion before i do the TD as these sales people do a lot of follow up (Don't want to be hurried) & the TD cars may not give the actual ride in terms of tuning.
Will ask you for more inputs from you in the time to come.
Waiting for Tom's opinion as well.
Old 25th November 2008, 18:15   #134
BHPian

@Jazz.. no worries mate!

@Aditya... I second Jazz. Make up ur mind. TD all the cars and decide.

Jazz or zaks (assuming u both are donw with the 2nd service) can give a better pic abt the rattling part. Coz, as per Jazz, you wil feel like driving a rattle free brand new car after the second service. I will update more after my second service (I am leaving it for service tomorrow).

But, Ikon TDi looks like a better package to me!
Old 25th November 2008, 20:01   #135

Thanx

Thanx for the response Tom, "As per Jazz-rattle free"?? Seems the rattle is a issue in ur car at the service.. Pls do update after the second service . Has the alloys affected the mileage a lot? Hows the ground clearance on road humps while 4-5 are seated? Braking without ABS , is it an issue? why TDI?
Sorry to ask you so many questions , cant help but ask

@Aditya... I second Jazz. Make up ur mind. TD all the cars and decide.

Jazz or zaks (assuming u both are donw with the 2nd service) can give a better pic abt the rattling part. Coz, as per Jazz, you wil feel like driving a rattle free brand new car after the second service. I will update more after my second service (I am leaving it for service tomorrow).

But, Ikon TDi looks like a better package to me![/quote]

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks