Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 18:57   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Indeed the pics are scary. Thank goodness that you are safe and sound. And even I wanted to ask whether you were wearing seatbelts or not ?

OT: Talking about full frontal resistant cars, which are the safest cars in the <7-8L range ?
I wasnt wearing my seat belts, and if I can comment on which is a safer car on 7 to 8 lakh range i bet its the Fabia which gives you both airbags .
Old 7th August 2008, 19:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
@Bopanna, don't you think for the Coorg roads a SUV is better than the small cars b'cos of the roads which lead to the estates are all muddy and you get better accesibility.

Spark is not a safer bet - The Luck was on your side and you are here as a Newbie on this forum.

The small cars is not suggested for the Coorg roads and 100+ at the night around 2 is not a good way to drive in those ghat section roads of Coorg, but the luck was with you and you are able to post your incident here, would like to see your Spark after the repair.

The ride which you are standing next to would be a better ride at the accident spot and i think you would not have even a hitch with that Rover and first of all i think you would not even got into that situation...
I really AGree with you on the speed and the car which is a mismatch for the Coorg roads ... but talking about SUV's I have test Driven the New Scorpio when I was getting My jeep Serviced ... after the test drive I got down with my face pale blue ... the suspensions are a Disaster, why on earth are we getting Conned this way pay 8+lakhs and buy a Drum with 4 wheels, and about the safari which is again I am talking in terms of the affordabilty is not refined enough and I feel its really underpowred for the price you are paying.
Old 7th August 2008, 19:21   #18
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th August 2008 at 12:55.
nithz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th August 2008, 19:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Indeed the pics are scary. Thank goodness that you are safe and sound. And even I wanted to ask whether you were wearing seatbelts or not ?

OT: Talking about full frontal resistant cars, which are the safest cars in the <7-8L range ?

Go for the Tata Safari the safest car and SUV less than 8Lakhs which can accomodate more people and give you more comfortability to travel.
Old 7th August 2008, 19:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Happy to know that you managed to come out with just minor injuries and not major ones.

But, I dont think that Chevrolet Spark is a safe bet. The car has scored 2/5 points in EuroNCAP. Link: Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Chevrolet Matiz
Old 7th August 2008, 19:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
about the safari which is again I am talking in terms of the affordabilty is not refined enough and I feel its really underpowred for the price you are paying.
Buddy go try out the new Safari 2.2 VTT and go to the below mentioned thread and see the views of all the Safari owners and you will be shocked to see them driving at high speeds upto 160km/hr(I have done in my Safari)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...tml#post931100

Really speaking the best bet you can put on LX version at 7-8Lakhs isn't that affordable
Old 7th August 2008, 20:11   #22
BHPian

Basically, you are lucky to get out alive without wearing seat belts and crashing face first into the windshield and that of course due to the lack of airbags. Pure luck. Who does 100+ in ghats? I have come across many drivers but thankfully none of them is personally known to me. This is downright dangerous and irresponsible, you could hurt yourself and if that does not bother you, you could hurt someone else on the road, who could be family of someone and of course dead after your stunt is over.

I am sorry man but this is ill...
Old 7th August 2008, 20:42   #23
BHPian

Bopanna,
That was scary! Praise almighty that you live to tell the tale...But at 100+ speeds you were not wearing even your seat belts? I think it was blessing in disguise that you did not have airbags in your car.....no seat belt and airbag blowing up on your face is no good. Hope you recover quickly and get back on the road.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2008, 23:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

Knowing you'll probably get brickbats for posting here, you did post here, which by itself needs a lot of courage. Kudos. I'm sure you realize what has happened and how close you were to where you were !! :-)

Drive hard but drive safe. Keep your seatbelts on and have fun.
Old 7th August 2008, 23:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopanna19 View Post
I wasnt wearing the Seat belts ... thats why I smashed my face to the windscreen

Driving at night, on the highway at 100 kmph speeds and no seatbelts...

I hope you have learnt your lesson brother.

ALWAYS BUCKLE UP. Please.
Old 7th August 2008, 23:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Boss,

I hope you are not buying a car with airbags? Else either airbags will not deploy, or if they do, they will kill you.
Old 8th August 2008, 09:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

omigosh. bopanna I am all happy for you for surviving that crash. So now its clear what GM cars are capable of and its not mileage which is always what one must expect. Did your car have airbags?

And gentleman, what in heavens were you doing without wearing a seatbelt on a highway in coorg? that too in the middle of the night?

i wear my seatbelts for 2 consecutive years in Bangalore city with both my erstwhile 800, and my new swift D. its only one life after all. some people like you are real lucky to have two lives

be safe friend, and I think you have learnt many lessons with this incident. take care on the road.
Old 8th August 2008, 09:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thank God for saving you.

Quote:
the ones with the Airbags is really over my Budget... so I planned to settle down for one without it...
In spite of recent experience, wonder why not opting for best safety features available in Spark. It's a small price to pay for compared to such harrowing experiences.
Old 8th August 2008, 13:46   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Boss,

I hope you are not buying a car with airbags? Else either airbags will not deploy, or if they do, they will kill you.
What was that again? You mean airbags kill? Come on. A lot of countries have airbags as mandatory in cars. You mean that they want all their citizens to be killed when they are involved in a crash !!! Airbags increase the possibility of someone getting away alive if the driver wears seatbelts as well.

Airbags can cause fatalities if the driver is not wearing seatbelts, is sitting too close to the steering and if there is a possible malfunction. However the pros far outweigh the cons.
Old 8th August 2008, 14:55   #30
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post

Airbags can cause fatalities if the driver is not wearing seatbelts, is sitting too close to the steering and if there is a possible malfunction .
Thats what he meant. it was sarcasm, aimed at bopanna who choses not to wear seatbelts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks