Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2008, 12:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
It might not have a service centre everywhere, but it does have much more of them in India than any other manufacturer, which means the chances of being in the vicinity of one is more than what it would be for the competition.
Maybe correct but that brings us back to the same vicious circle -
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
but is there a guarantee that you will get the same level of knowledge,competence, equipment & workmanship in the far reaches of Ladakh as you will in the air-conditioned lounges of Mere Apra Auto in Sector 14, G'gaon
Old 19th August 2008, 14:41   #32
BHPian

phamilyman, i think i was brilliant of you to put this up.

Your friend really seems to now what he is talking about. (may be a little biased for the Swift giving more points for leg room and all.. kidding)

I hope he is not from an automag; I hate most of them esp when ACI ran a compare of Indica and MJD then of Fabia and Swift cause they look the same !!! MAD.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

For those doubting Fiat & Tata's Service capabilities at remote areas, please check this experience of a Palio owner at a deserted place in Himachal:

Yahoo! Groups
Old 21st August 2008, 11:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Let Fiat first set up service centres in cities and towns. And then we can come to addressing the remote areas.

For this one odd experience you listed, there are umpteen number of service travails of Fiat folks living in the cities - search tbhp and you will find, ie. if you already didn't know.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let Fiat first set up service centres in cities and towns. And then we can come to addressing the remote areas.
Fiat-Tata already has more than 100 ASCs across the country, which covers metros, cities and major towns.
And this ASC network is bound to expand in the coming years.
Quote:
For this one odd experience you listed, there are umpteen number of service travails of Fiat folks living in the cities - search tbhp and you will find, ie. if you already didn't know.
If I share same real life experience on this forum, that becomes odd for some few here! Very strange!
Get a life pal!

Last edited by finneyp : 21st August 2008 at 11:47.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Fiat-Tata already has more than 100 ASCs across the country, which covers metros, cities and major towns. If I share same real life experience on this forum, that becomes odd for some few here! Very strange! Get a life pal!
A TASS is not exactly the same thing as a dedicated Fiat S.C., as experiences of Fiat users show - on this forum itself.

And coming to life, I think you need it more, given that even before you read and grasp what someone has posted, you are ready to reply. "Odd" was meant as "not normal, one of a kind" and not in the way you understood it.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:13   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If I share same real life experience on this forum, that becomes odd for some few here! Very strange!
Get a life pal!
Finney, its all about perception. There are people who will never look beyond their perceptions - you may shout till you're hoarse but they will not change their opinions. I would just let them be

The same set of people may also perceive that Maruti has the most pervasive service network in the country by way of sheer numbers (may be correct) and remain content about that - without ever having ventured off the beaten track to see what the quality of service is all about.

I have a few horror stories of Maruti A.S.S. ripping off customers during the warranty period in the NCR, forget about remote villages. But if numbers make people happy, so be it - no skin off my nose
Old 21st August 2008, 12:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A TASS is not exactly the same thing as a dedicated Fiat S.C., as experiences of Fiat users show - on this forum itself.
Please read my post carefully!
I was referring to Fiat-Tata ASCs, and not TASS, which are more than 1000 in this country!
Quote:
"Odd" was meant as "not normal, one of a kind" and not in the way you understood it.
What was 'not normal' in the Palio owners expereince I posted above?
There was Palio breakdown, the owner called up Fiat Helpline, the Helpline contacted the local Tata ASC folks, who prompltly called & attended him, and he was back on road next day morning!

Let me be more specific, Get a life out of Maruti!
Old 21st August 2008, 12:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

Yeah true. Like some people who think it is just a 'perception' that Maruti has the widest service network in the country and not the fact that it is. You can again try to shout yourself hoarse but can't get them to change their perception. But why would someone even need to bother wasting time doing that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
What was 'not normal' in the Palio owners expereince I posted above? Let me be more specific, Get a life out of Maruti!
If you did actually read his account, you can see that he mentions that he was not expecting anything to really happen when he called up the helpline and was surprised at the happy turn of events. So, it was quite contrary to the 'normal' Fiat experience. And the day you get a life outside Fiat, I will think of your suggestion. Till then...

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st August 2008 at 12:24.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah true. Like some people who think it is just a 'perception' that Maruti has the widest service network in the country and not the fact that it is.
Tch-tch, you didn't read my post properly SB - have highlighted for your ease of reference
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The same set of people may also perceive that Maruti has the most pervasive service network in the country by way of sheer numbers (may be correct) and remain content about that - without ever having ventured off the beaten track to see what the quality of service is all about.
What's the point of numbers if you really don't get the service off the beaten track (and often, even in city)?

Last edited by suman : 21st August 2008 at 12:33.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Tch-tch, you didn't read my post properly SB - have highlighted for your ease of reference)
I did. It is just that you forgot to highlight the part that I was referring to. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
What's the point of numbers if you really don't get the service off the beaten track (and often, even in city)?
And how did you come to this 'perception' ? By the Baleno that got a punctured sump in the mountains ? And by the few cases of MASS ripping off in warranty period ? I live in a metro and do not have any service issues. My small one-horse town in Kerala has atleast 2 MASS in a 4km radius.

And coming to QoS, I guess that must be something that comes with the Tata car as a package. Buy the car, keep doing the rounds of the service centre with a new car for umpteen niggles before even starting to use it, let alone warranty expiring. Ah yes, they do all that in warranty. So, it must be a big deal as far as quality of service goes, irrespective of the fact that if they had made quality cars in the first place, there would not have been the need for the customer to make all those rounds of the service centre. Truly great quality of service.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st August 2008 at 13:04.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:50   #42
BANNED

phamilyman - your friend, his review, what he does for a living and which is the better car of the three, are the last of anybody's worries on this thread right now
Old 21st August 2008, 13:04   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, it must be a big deal as far as quality of service goes, irrespective of the fact that if they had made quality cars in the first place, there would not have been the need for the customer to make all those rounds of the service centre in the first place. Truly great quality of service.
Here's a Swift VDI story - major rear tyre wear noticed on a new car with less than 7k kms on the odo; reputed Maruti A.S.S told owner that they could do nothing about it because it was due to adequate care not having been taken by him for getting wheel alignment etc done on time. Owner goes away without complaining (silly of him but such is the belief of the average person in Maruti A.S.S.) & buys two rear tyres.

Sheepishly takes adequate precautions of getting rear wheel alignment etc done diligently. 6k kms down the line - same problem. Same reply from Maruti A.S.S. Owner again ready to spend on another set of rear tyres - happens to mention this to his father who is of a more aggressive nature. He speaks to a family friend who is knowledgeable about cars & he decides to accompany the owner to the Maruti A.S.S. Tells the GM of the workshop that enough is enough & they need to get to the bottom of the problem.

To cut a long story short, after a few threats, the workshop decides to get down to investigating what the actual problem is (something they should have done 13k kms ago). They finally trace the problem down to the dead axle. Initially refuse to replace under warranty but bend when told that legal action would be taken; they also end up meekly paying for the two sets of rear tyres that the gentleman had too change.

Wonderful Maruti A.S.S. - but then this must be a "rare" case, right?
Old 21st August 2008, 13:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. So ? How many Safari, Indica stories do you want ? There are umpteen number of them here - too many to collate and present here. And all of them owner/user-reported. Not a 3rd party narration.
Old 21st August 2008, 13:49   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. So ? How many Safari, Indica stories do you want ? There are umpteen number of them here - too many to collate and present here. And all of them owner/user-reported. Not a 3rd party narration.
I think you've missed the point. I know all about the Indica & Safari stories - my question is, how is Maruti any better?

There are Maruti first party narrations also but there are also a lot which are kept under wraps - because, not everyone is comfortable acknowledging that they have been taken for a ride.

OT: I know others have asked this before but why do you take it to heart & passionately defend MUL every time someone points out an issue with a Maruti?

Last edited by suman : 21st August 2008 at 13:52.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks