Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 13:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Let Fiat first set up service centres in cities and towns. And then we can come to addressing the remote areas.

For this one odd experience you listed, there are umpteen number of service travails of Fiat folks living in the cities - search tbhp and you will find, ie. if you already didn't know.
Hey Nice Picture you have there on your profile.

Fiat Service is not all that pervasive as Maruti.

I have searched Tbhp very throughly for service travails of Fiat folks and it is usually Maruti owners who keep thumping about it, but things are changing... Search with the same dedication in the MJD threads and you will find it.

So keep thumping on ... couple of years and if things keep improving you comments will bring many laughs to those who would care to search tbhp again.
Old 21st August 2008, 14:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
OT: I know others have asked this before but why do you take it to heart & passionately defend MUL every time someone points out an issue with a Maruti?
LOL, Finney and SB- two sides of the same coin....no offence guys!! (SB- I dont know you, so no offense, and Finney is a friend, so buddy, no offense!)

but seriously, I think Maruti's service capability is overhyped and their high JD Power rating is more from a lower expectation level of customers to start with.

I have owned Marutis (800, zen, esteem,baleno and now a Zen Estilo) and Tatas (Indica Petrol, Palio, Indica TDI, and now a Safari) in cities as far off as Delhi, bangalore, Hyderabad and Trivandrum.

All I can say is that the service centers for BOTH in htese cities were pathetic. maybe a different story in Chennai, but since I have never lived in Chennai, cant say!

Having also owned a Hyundai accent (2 of them actually) and a Ford Ikon , I can safely say that when it comes to quality of service, relatively speaking, Hyundai is by far the best in India followed by Tata (for Safari only- drive to a TASS in and Indixxx or Palio, and it is a different story altogether).

And let me not get started on Honda and Ford A.S.S., but then, that is OT
Old 21st August 2008, 14:35   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I have owned Marutis (800, zen, esteem,baleno and now a Zen Estilo) and Tatas (Indica Petrol, Palio, Indica TDI, and now a Safari) in cities as far off as Delhi, bangalore, Hyderabad and Trivandrum.
Oh boy! What have you said now?

Edit: Concorde Motors at East Coast Road, Injambakkam, Chennai, has kept me very happy since I bought my car. I recently made the mistake of going to a new TASC called OMR Checkpoint - will post it in the relevant thread. Concorde checked everything done by OMR Checkpoint, rectified certain faults and topped up certain fluids - for free. Said they wouldn't charge me for my "mistake" of going elsewhere.

Last edited by hrag : 21st August 2008 at 14:40.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:00   #49
Senior - BHPian

The build quality of Swift is pathetic and for that reason alone I wouldn't buy it. How about a less than 1000 kms old Swift VDi having squeaking noises from almost everywhere when going over humps and bumps. I must mention that car has low profile tyres but so what?
Old 21st August 2008, 15:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
why do you take it to heart & passionately defend MUL every time someone points out an issue with a Maruti?
If this were a question posed by someone who is neutral and impartial when it comes to cars, I could understand. But before you ask me, I guess it would help you to look at your own question in a way that applies to you - "Why do you take it to heart & passionately defend Ford/Tata every time someone points out an issue with them"?

In the case of this thread, all this started with the following comment by tsk1979 about the MUL service network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
for you swift may make more sense, because I think you are buying something for touring himalayas, right? Maruti has a service center in every nook and corner of this country.
While we could debate all day about who offers the best QoS and not come to a conclusion, what he mentioned was a plain fact. But then you had to take it to another plane by saying that service levels differ from centre to centre and what is true in Gurgaon would not be the case in Ladakh. Maybe true, but that would be the case with any manufacturer, not just MUL. And then follow-up by bringing in an example of a car in the mountains rendered unoperable due to an SC not being there, as if this lack of an SC in the remote mountains renders useless the service network present elsewhere.

No offense taken, himanshu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
I think Maruti's service capability is overhyped and their high JD Power rating is more from a lower expectation level of customers to start with.
Hmm. So, the ratings for Maruti are higher because their customers have a lower expectation level! Let us for a moment assume that this is true, say in the case of someone like me, who has never owned non-Marutis. But what about you ? You have used Maruti, Ford, Tata, Fiat etc etc. So, do you set different expectation levels depending on the car you buy/own ? Is product quality / service quality expectation levels something that a person keeps changing ? Irrespective of the car he owns, won't he expect the best possible service for it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami
I have owned Marutis and Tatas in cities as far off as Delhi, bangalore, Hyderabad and Trivandrum. All I can say is that the service centers for BOTH in htese cities were pathetic. Having also owned a Hyundai accent, I can safely say that when it comes to quality of service, relatively speaking, Hyundai is by far the best in India followed by Tata
Aren't you contradicting yourself ? You first say that both MUL and Tata service is pathetic and then you rate Tata as 2nd best.

Since you have had experience with atleast 4 manufacturers, could you elaborate on how you rated Hyundai the best in quality of service, followed by Tata and the rest coming at the bottom of the heap ? ie. the parameters on which you rated these 4 and reached a conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AadiAtPlay
couple of years and if things keep improving you comments will bring many laughs to those who would care to search tbhp again.
If things improve in the future, good for you. We are in the present and talking about how things are now, not making projections for the future.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st August 2008 at 15:06.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And how did you come to this 'perception' ? By the Baleno that got a punctured sump in the mountains ? And by the few cases of MASS ripping off in warranty period ? I live in a metro and do not have any service issues. My small one-horse town in Kerala has atleast 2 MASS in a 4km radius.
I wouldnt mind going as far as 30 kms to get my car serviced after every 5-10k kms but I would mind bearing and hearing all the rattles that will come all the time for those 5-10k before service.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:12   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Why do you take it to heart & passionately defend Ford/Tata every time someone points out an issue with them"?
Me jump into every Ford & Tata issue thread blindly & write pages & pages defending them? ROTFLMAO.

Why should I? I do not have a lifetime family or any other allegience to them. LOL. For me, earlier, its been Fiat, HM & Maruti, today its Ford & TATA, tomorrow it could Toyota, Mitsubishi, Honda, who knows. But I have no issues with calling a spade a spade.

Last edited by suman : 21st August 2008 at 15:15.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:27   #53
BHPian

Quote:
If things improve in the future, good for you. We are in the present and talking about how things are now, not making projections for the future.
Hey SupremeBaleno really like the way you are defending.

I guess i left some scope for misinterpretation in my post. I am not talking about things improving in the future.

Things **have** improved.

People who take bad A.S.S. of Fiat for granted need a reality check. Ask any Fiat owner about A.S.S. TODAY a opposed to a YEAR AGO and you will know. Of course i can comment only about Bangalore, things are great, you see Fiats of all ages all over the place.

If this momentum continues Fiat owners will be laughing at silly comments about Tata-Fiat *** made by maruti lovers.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, 20 minutes over so couldn't edit but as we speak, look what someone's saying on another thread about the much vaunted Maruti A.S.S -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...tml#post947478

But of course, these are "rare" cases
Old 21st August 2008, 15:43   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me jump into every Ford & Tata issue thread blindly & write pages & pages defending them? But I have no issues with calling a spade a spade.
Hmm. So, when it is someone else, they are defending the car/manufacturer, but when it is you, it is calling a spade a spade. Nice logic. LOL.

And again as we speak, there is someone else giving a great testimony about Tata Quality of Service. LOL. And since you seem to imply that Tata service is the same impeccable quality all over India, this must be what one can expect everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You miss the sheds that masquerade for Tata service centers. That was the ONLY thing which convinced me last minute against a Palio.
Quote:
Ever catch me making blanket statements like "No Safari ever rattles" or "No Fiesta 1.6 can ever give less than 10.5 kmpl" or "No one has ever had issues with Dhingra Motors"?
If this be the benchmark for calling-a-spade-a-spade, I also dont recollect ever making statements like "No Swift ever rattles" or "No Baleno can ever give less than whatever kmpl" or "No one has ever had issues with Jones Motors".

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 21st August 2008 at 15:59.
Old 21st August 2008, 15:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. So, when it is someone else, they are defending the car/manufacturer, but when it is you, it is calling a spade a spade. Nice logic. LOL.
I think you may have missed the point - calling "a spade a spade" as in acknowledging if the car has a defect or if there is an issue with A.S.S, even if it happens to be the same manufacturer whose cars I own........which means, not blindly defending Ford & TATA when there is a genuine issue.

Ever catch me making blanket statements like "No Safari ever rattles" or "No Fiesta 1.6 can ever give less than 10.5 kmpl" or "No one has ever had issues with Dhingra Motors"?

Last edited by suman : 21st August 2008 at 15:52.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And since you seem to imply that Tata service is the same impeccable quality all over India, this must be what one can expect everywhere.
(Sigghhh) SB, why do you make me repeat myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I think you've missed the point. I know all about the Indica & Safari stories - my question is, how is Maruti any better?
We are talking about how Maruti A.S.S is as bad as or worse. For TATA at least I can vouch that the Company calls you to find out how satisfied or dissatisfied you are with your last workshop visit. And takes action against the dealership in case your visit was not to your liking - to the extent of TATA Motors people being present the next time around. Ford is not so hands-on, they get the dealer to call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You miss the sheds that masquerade for Tata service centers. That was the ONLY thing which convinced me last minute against a Palio.
As far as Hitanshu's comment is concerned, definitely a bit of an exaggeration - as long as equipment inside the workshop are contemporary & functional & the store has good stock of items, it doesn't matter if you have plush carpeting in the waiting area or not!

Quote:
I also dont recollect ever making statements like "No Swift ever rattles" or "No Baleno can ever give less than whatever kmpl" or "No one has ever had issues with Jones Motors".
..............well, it needn't be an exact replica of what I said

Last edited by suman : 21st August 2008 at 16:15.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:09   #58
Team-BHP Support

OT : This thread is doing a good job at keeping me engrossed. However, i am beginning to feel that the same points are going on and on.. time to bring in some other car manufacturers into the above picture.
Old 21st August 2008, 16:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

I have owned a Hyundai and a Maruti car. Maruti Service I have got so far is way beyond expectation and also much better than Hyundai. Maruti has been no nonsense folks with expertise available to solve most problems encountered. Spares availability is also great. Hyundai folks have to get spares from Chennai and have a lead time of at least 3-4 days for the same. I have experience in multiple maruti A.S.S. and found them truly helpful and they would not fleece the unsuspecting customers. They do suggest you to go for underbody weather coating, teflon coating etc to make a living but will not push for the same if you decline once.

I have paid more to maintain my Petrol Santro as compared to my Diesel Swift in the first two years of use.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:14   #60
Senior - BHPian

Before this thread becomes another battle ground.

Thread Closed
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks