Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2008, 17:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsNsqueals View Post
Congratulations Hands-on.

Your initial experience is a great confidence booster since, I too went ahead and bought a VTT VX even though my wife wasn't too convinced about having an SUV in Mumbai. She changed her mind though after I took her on a TD. I hope the level of service in Mumbai would be good. I bought it from Wasan Motors in Borivili.

I went to the stockyard and did an inspection. Everything seemed okay with the odo showing 31 kms and no apparent damage or color change anywhere. Right now I am awaiting delivery.

I never thought about an SUV or Safari at all when I wanted to move from my NHC. Going through all the Safari posts in TBHP convinced me that this is the car for me!
Honestly speaking the situation at the dealership still demands a lot of improvement but then the good things is that TATA is now actively following up any complaint posted at their official site.

So if you have any unresolved complaints then just log in a complaint at
Tata Motors Customer Support :: Complaint and be assured that things would workout.
Old 14th September 2008, 18:13   #32
BHPian

2000 Km Report

Well I finished my 2000 KM today. The best thing first : It took me less than 3 Tank fuls to achieve this as there is still juice left in my tank.

The beast surly overtakes you by horns.

Good things ;

Amazing Milage
Superb Pickup
Ease of handeling despite the size.

Bad Things:

AT times you feel the need of better cooling for the back seat.(I have a LX so maybe thats the reason.)

A lot of viberating noises in the cabin if you change the gear at a lower RPM.

But all said and done i am loving every moment of this .

A couple of things i wanted to know :

1.Can i put rear seat AC and what would it cost.
2.I wanted a rear view camera that is constantly on and not just powered by reverse gear. i would need a heavy duty camera any suggestions.

Looking forward to your help.
Old 16th September 2008, 10:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post

2.I wanted a rear view camera that is constantly on and not just powered by reverse gear. i would need a heavy duty camera any suggestions.

Hey guys please advise, you have helped me get this far dont abandon me now.
Old 17th September 2008, 19:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys please advise, you have helped me get this far dont abandon me now.
Hey safari lovers, you guys are not like this. Have i done something wrong here to be sidelined like this.
Old 17th September 2008, 22:42   #35
BHPian

Quote:

1. Have not personally checked out on this but I believe the overhead AC can be fitted at a cost of 17-18K. Read about that somewhere in the forum.

2. I'm sure that can be done. You need to get a dashboard mounted LCD display instead of the IRVM mounted one as you would need the mirror to be free if you plan to leave the rear view display on. Normally the camera is powered by a connection to the reverse lights and so starts only when the vehicle is reversing. I'm sure a direct battery connection could be used if the camera is to be left on full time.
Old 18th September 2008, 13:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
This will be a serious distraction while you drive, may I ask why you want this?

The camera or buzzer or the reversing light is connected to a limit switch which actuates when the reverse gear is engaged, so a by pass to the limit switch will do the trick.... something you can visualize from your door open/close sensor.
Old 18th September 2008, 13:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Just working on the overhead duct will do? I doubt we may need to get the AC/compressor also worked on right? To get it more power?
Old 18th September 2008, 22:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
This will be a serious distraction while you drive, may I ask why you want this?

The camera or buzzer or the reversing light is connected to a limit switch which actuates when the reverse gear is engaged, so a by pass to the limit switch will do the trick.... something you can visualize from your door open/close sensor.
On second thoughs what you are saying makes sense. Why i was thinking of this was because in last 2 weeks 2 Bikers have banged my vehical from behind and i have noticed that it is impossible to see two wheelers who are following the Vehical. I was scared as they are most vulnerable to get hurt and that was the reason of my this thought.

Hope you understand.
Old 18th September 2008, 22:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bad Things:

AT times you feel the need of better cooling for the back seat.(I have a LX so maybe thats the reason.)

A lot of vibrating noises in the cabin if you change the gear at a lower RPM. [seems you dont change gears in time]

1.Can i put rear seat AC and what would it cost. [can be done without an mods to compressor, ask your TASS]

[6.5K upwards]

Would also suggest good sun films all around.
Happy reclaiming !
Old 18th September 2008, 22:43   #40
BHPian

Quote:
On second thoughs what you are saying makes sense. Why i was thinking of this was because in last 2 weeks 2 Bikers have banged my vehical from behind and i have noticed that it is impossible to see two wheelers who are following the Vehical. I was scared as they are most vulnerable to get hurt and that was the reason of my this thought.

Hope you understand.
In the first week of ownership of my Safari a Biker rammed into it from the rear and almost broke the bumper into two had I not put the rear bullbar. My immediate concern was to think about his safety. But as soon as parked the Safari on the side, to my surprise that person fled the scene despite having bent forks and a broken headlight ! His fault was that he was not keeping safe distance, so my dear friend dont bother about a rear camera if this is your actual concern. I have survived without it for the last two plus years. Just need to know who is behind you and how much you need to brake in anticipation.

Happy reclaiming !
Old 19th September 2008, 16:18   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Sorry, a correction - he didn't go back to the stock bulbs, he got the Philips Extreme Power 60/55s
Thanks Suman. I was also facing problem of insufficient light especially during rains.

I searched for Osram Silverstar - did not get it, BUT found Phillips Extreme Power +80%. Cost me 950. On the face of it, I did not find a huge difference. I will go for a drive today and will inform my findings.

H4 Xenons, are also available for 9000. Could not find the urge to buy it - basically not sure about heat and whether the reflector will take it. These do not need separate wiring / cut-outs. 35W ratings.
Old 19th September 2008, 18:27   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Thanks Suman. I was also facing problem of insufficient light especially during rains.

I searched for Osram Silverstar - did not get it, BUT found Phillips Extreme Power +80%. Cost me 950. On the face of it, I did not find a huge difference. I will go for a drive today and will inform my findings.

H4 Xenons, are also available for 9000. Could not find the urge to buy it - basically not sure about heat and whether the reflector will take it. These do not need separate wiring / cut-outs. 35W ratings.
I have also upgraded to Philips Extreme power 80%+ and the diffrence has been very visible when compared to the OEM Bulbs.
Old 21st September 2008, 12:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Would also suggest good sun films all around.
Happy reclaiming !
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I went around looking for sun film and was told that v-Kool costs around 25K + for the entire car. it is true ? and what are the alternatives.
Old 21st September 2008, 14:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I went around looking for sun film and was told that v-Kool costs around 25K + for the entire car. it is true ? and what are the alternatives.
wow! check with another shop.

Think Steeroid has the same in his Dicor. IIRC, it costed him10k 2 years back.

And I presume, the entire car means including the front?
Old 21st September 2008, 14:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
wow! check with another shop.

Think Steeroid has the same in his Dicor. IIRC, it costed him10k 2 years back.
Wrong

I had Llumar on my car and it cost me 10k.

I recently changed the film on my front windscreen as the Llumar was ridiculously ineffective.

I put V-Kool on my front windscreen and it cost me 9k just for the front screen, therefore the estimate of 25k is not entirely off the mark, though I'm sure he can negotiate down to 20k for the same.

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR V-KOOL.

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st September 2008 at 14:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks