Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 15:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on being a member of Ralliart

Your car is looking great in Yellow but I suggest you do something with the rubber and alloy soon . Am myself a proud owner of a cedia sports . Its been great living together , I hope you have a nice time too.

Enjoy and drive safe.
Old 24th September 2008, 11:25   #47
BHPian

Thanks jkdas
Thanks “The Sorcerer” – see that this is your first post! Welcome to t-bhp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Your car is looking great in Yellow but I suggest you do something with the rubber and alloy soon . Am myself a proud owner of a cedia sports . Its been great living together , I hope you have a nice time too.

Enjoy and drive safe.
Thanks maxbhp! – My original idea was to look at change of tyres only after some time, a year or so; but t-bhp is like tempting me to look at it soon! What is the change you have done and what is your experience?
What are the suggestions for rubber and how much should it cost? I have done about 1200km so far, but planning a highway trip next week.
Old 24th September 2008, 18:12   #48
BHPian

hi path finder, congrats!!!...one of the best cars to drive around on your own if you had to ask me just one thing....it wud have been a lot easier for you to swap your tires if you had done them within 100 kms of taking delivery.

the dealer wud have just deducted a small amount and you cud upgrade your rubber. will pinch you a lot more after at this stage :(
Old 25th September 2008, 09:45   #49
BHPian

yeah..made the same mistake, thinking the OE rubber will be good enough, but on a recent trip out of town found that they lack the grip that is required over 110 or so and was not comfortable going higher than this as the grip seemed to taper off. Anyways now that I have done a couple of thousand will use it for a while before changing.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:08   #50
BHPian

One quick query to fellow Cedizens

How much of fuel will be left just after the low fuel indicator warning comes on?
What is the safe distance one can run after this indicator comes on?

I went for refill after run of 10-25km after the indicator came on and still was just around 40L for top-up on last few occasions. Since the tank capacity is 50L, does it mean there is still 10L left?
Old 21st October 2008, 19:11   #51
VMG
BHPian

i have driven 50km after the warning light. i think around 40km should be safe.
Old 22nd October 2008, 00:05   #52
Senior - BHPian

I think it's around 10L left in the tank when the light comes up. So should be OK to drive around 90-100 kms on that light !
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:51   #53
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to Cedia owners club
Old 22nd October 2008, 08:50   #54
BHPian

Hey that's a recipe for disaster! I suggest to tank up after seeing the warning for the simple reason that the fuel tank outlet would have been set at a higher level than the bottom of the tank to avoid sediments into the system and with reducing fuel level the intake system might start taking air along with petrol and is bound to choke... something similar to an air lock in our home water pump or like the diesel vehicles stranded road side trying to wade out the air lock...?

Bottom line, you have to fill anyway - so why stretch the last drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I think it's around 10L left in the tank when the light comes up. So should be OK to drive around 90-100 kms on that light !
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:01   #55
BHPian

I agree with Airwind, top it up after the fuel light comes on. I usually drive for about 10-20 kms more and then top up.
Old 22nd October 2008, 13:05   #56
BHPian

Folks,
Relax! The intention is not to run till it stops and cook disaster or a debate around it. I top up generally within 5-10km of seeing the warning light, but then it only takes 40L to top up whereas tank capacity is supposed to be 50L. Understand the tank outlet level and all. But in my previous vehicles with 40L tank capacity, the same scenario used to take 36-38L to top up. I am finding the gap to be high and hence the question.

Basically I wanted to recheck
  1. If 40L to top up after warning light is normal with fellow Cedia owners
  2. What is the maximum run that you have made after the fuel low lamp has come on
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
i have driven 50km after the warning light. i think around 40km should be safe.
Thanks VMG for the feedback – last time on the highway it was still about 60km to my usual filling point when the low fuel came on – I was not sure whether to stretch or not (finally did not)
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:56   #57
BHPian

Hi just wanted to chek with you guys, I get a kind of buzzing from the engine at around 3k rpm at every gear which goes away in about another 500-700 rpm. Any of you guys have felt this?
Old 4th November 2008, 06:36   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi just wanted to chek with you guys, I get a kind of buzzing from the engine at around 3k rpm at every gear which goes away in about another 500-700 rpm. Any of you guys have felt this?
Mav, have not observed it so far. Basically upto 2-2.2k rpm, I hardly hear the engine noise, you really start feeling it beyond 3K rpm. But I really cannot correlate anything that goes down after another 500-700rpm. Anyhow now that you are telling, let me try to observe closely in next few days.

Is it only while running or do you feel it even if you rev the engine when stationary?
If running in which gear have you felt this? Is it specific to any gear?
Old 4th November 2008, 10:39   #59
BHPian

Hey path, its not specific to any gear, its like the engine is buzzing around 3k rpm and then the normal engine growl comes in. Its like its being restricted or something. Dont know how to explain it.
Old 4th November 2008, 17:44   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hey path, its not specific to any gear, its like the engine is buzzing around 3k rpm and then the normal engine growl comes in. Its like its being restricted or something. Dont know how to explain it.
I just returned from some drives on the ORR and did try observe this. Yes – the engine noise is distinctly different at 2K, 3K and 4K as such, but I guess that should be the way. Like would any other engine – but of course compared to the vehicles I have driven extensively like Swift, Accent, Ikon and Civic overall noise and coarseness is lot lower. Overall I did not find anything odd.

Not sure if this is giving you adequate explanation. Did you check this out at service? My thinking is unless there is higher vibration or harness being felt, it is not something you should worry about.
Any other experience from other Cedia owners.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks