Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:34   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
Yesterday I have noticed that the two plastic covers near the rear window from side where not properly fit in, they where shaky as well.

Not sure if its only my car or is the same with every Palio Stile. Will try to upload the pictures of it sometime later.
Attached the pics here. There are from both the left and right rear doors. Please note the gap and the one after I have pressed it.

@AadiAtPlay.. I think I was not clear in my previous post. Pictures should give more details
Attached Thumbnails
Got my Palio Stile SDX-dsc00013.jpg  

Got my Palio Stile SDX-dsc00014.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2008, 18:05   #32
BHPian

Good news for all Palio Lovers and potential buyers,

Fiat PALIO Offers from 22nd Sep 2008 till 30th Sep 2008.

Palio MJD: free insurance
Palio Stile: Upto Rs. 50000 discount

Source: carwale.com, bombaytimes
Old 22nd September 2008, 21:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

@lightpower

I had that same issue and ended up breaking up the clips trying to fix it properly. try and remove it and see if you can fix it properly (take your time) or else take to service center
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:11   #34
BHPian

@bottle

I tried it. But already one of the clips on my right side was broken. Not sure when. I think its the design issue or poor quality of the plastic piece which is causing it not to fit in properly. The "L" portion at the bottom should be at least 2 mm longer for it to hold the grooves.

Though it doesn't make any noise due to the foam there, it hurts to see it in a brand new car.

Anyway let me show it up to the service guys. Not sure if they will replace it or do an work around over it.

BTW where do you get your Palio serviced? Planning for my first service and wanted her to be in good hands.

Last edited by lightpower : 22nd September 2008 at 22:18.
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yeah same problem for me, those plastic covers were broken on both rear doors and front driver side door , was really irritating.

They will probably glue it back I think,

So far am using Concorde motors in Ambattur for service. Basic service is fine but I think you should try out the ECR branch they seem to be a bit more professional and at least look after your car to an extent whereas Ambattur is a mess due to the overload of cars there. Check the thread started by me for service reports
Old 23rd September 2008, 17:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats lightpower! Awesome choice of car as well as the color... Looks great.. Waiting for pics with all the accessories fit in now!!
Old 25th September 2008, 07:13   #37
BHPian

Is the Problem fixed now ?
Old 25th September 2008, 22:39   #38
BHPian

@Jazzy

Have been busy the entire week and haven't even spoke to the service center. Latest update is that the piece on my left door has fallen off successfully yesterday. Not sure if it will be covered under warranty or it will be charged to me.
Old 25th September 2008, 22:40   #39
BHPian

@abhinav

Planned for a Teflon coating this week end. Will post pics as soon as its been done.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:36   #40
BHPian

Yesterday was a really bad day for me

Couldnt get the Teflon coating done over this week end. Last minute plan changes by the vendor.

The Plastic piece on my left door has fallen off luckily inside the car. I have preserved it to deal with it during my first service.

Also I had my first scratch on my SDX yesterday. Was in mid of a Traffic jam and one ACE guy rubbed her on the Left Mirror and left a Scar. I just jumped on the breaks to save from any further scratches on the bumper. I got pissed off but couldn't show my anger with my wife and kid in the car. Though not very much visible will try if anything can be done anything during my first service.
Old 30th September 2008, 20:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post

Also I had my first scratch on my SDX yesterday. Was in mid of a Traffic jam and one ACE guy rubbed her on the Left Mirror and left a Scar. I just jumped on the breaks to save from any further scratches on the bumper. I got pissed off but couldn't show my anger with my wife and kid in the car. Though not very much visible will try if anything can be done anything during my first service.
Sorry to hear about the scratch on a new car mate. Is it only on the mirror..? If so then i think you need not be too mad about it though i understand that it hurts to have a scratch anywhere on your brand new car!
Old 30th September 2008, 21:34   #42
BHPian

@adbhinav. Yeah its only the mirror luckily.
Old 1st October 2008, 14:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

You can heave a sigh of relief since its only the mirror. I am not sure if the scratches on the mirror can be removed. What about replacing the ORVM itself..??
Old 1st October 2008, 16:01   #44
BHPian

I remember the sales person told me some where around 1500 for the ORVM.
After seeing it for two days I felt let it be there at least it would remind me to be more careful hence forth
Old 1st October 2008, 17:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

1500 for ORVM only!! Like you have said, if its not major, better to leave it as it is and be safer going forward!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks