Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2008, 18:45   #31
BHPian

Tata + Fiat.perfect Partners.

I knew about tata-fiat JV but did not know that tata would use pictures of fiat's multijet engine in manual of vista Qjet.

The pic here is taken from my vista manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Got my Silver QJet Aura-141020081053.jpg  

Old 14th October 2008, 20:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
I knew about tata-fiat JV but did not know that tata would use pictures of fiat's multijet engine in manual of vista Qjet.
Cost cutting by avoiding a digital picture taken? find it funny..

Maybe the printed the manuals way before the engines got completely ready.. [even then, wasn't a test mule or prototype piece available?? Bizarre]
Old 15th October 2008, 11:01   #33
BHPian

haha! that was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Maybe the printed the manuals way before the engines got completely ready.. [even then, wasn't a test mule or prototype piece available?? Bizarre]
that must be the reason! maybe once the new manuals are printed, these "old" ones with pictures of Multijet engines would become collectors' items
Old 15th October 2008, 14:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
1 point: when ever you take a u-turn with steering rotated to the max, please check to see if the horn works. mine doesnt at the max turn position. i plan to get it chked in the first service.
I tried it today. I rotated the steering wheel to the max and checked the horn-IT WORKED
Old 15th October 2008, 14:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

The side profile of the car looks really nice - sleeker and more stylish than the Indica.
Congrats on your buy and your review!
Old 15th October 2008, 17:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi nipun dhingra,

> I called him today about my Pollution Certificate, he told me that Vista does > not require any Pollution certificate. And can you the person who
> told me this is the ASM. I guess he needs team-bhp badly.

In this case, any new car does not need a pollution certificate for the first year. But they usually have a pollution OK sticker on the front windshield. Both my vehicles had this.
Old 15th October 2008, 18:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post

In this case, any new car does not need a pollution certificate for the first year. But they usually have a pollution OK sticker on the front windshield. Both my vehicles had this.
Even my dad told me this today. Actually the car did not have any pollution O.K. sticker. thats why I was thinking of the certificate.
Old 15th October 2008, 18:49   #38
BHPian

Hi Nipun
Congratulations for your new Auja QJ. Looks stunning, Wish you a very reliable and strong long lasting relationship with her.

Good to know you are from Asr too. I also belong to Asr but currently work in Chd however my family still lives there (Kashmir Avenue). We are planning to buy Aura QJ from Kapoor itself and have talked abt most of the things.
We have purchased an Indica from him before and have had the worst customer experience after spending 3.5 lacs of our hard earned money.

I was more interested in buying the car from Hind Motors, Mohali or Joshi Auto Zone, Chandigarh. Moreover, the car would cost a little less here.

Kapoor was charging Rs 15K for insurance whereas the same is costing around 12K in Moh/Chd. What insurance did you get from Asr? Here they are giving cashless by Oriental.

I see that you had to go thru a lot of pain in getting the early delivery and then the forced accessories. We would never pay that extra amount - considering again our hard earned savings, I expect the things to turn bad this time if Kapoor behaves the same way, which I do not want.

How much did you pay as booking amnt? He asked for 50K from us but we got him to agree at 25K. In Mohali, Hind is charging just 5K as booking amnt.

I am interested in Cavern Grey. Also, where are you located in Asr? I might visit the city next weekend, let me know if it is possible to catch up and discuss a few things?

I would appreciate if you could share the contact numbers/email addresses of ppl higher up in Tata. I would not want any disappointments for my Dad after spending 500K on a car.

Regarding After Sales Service, did you check with Arneja Automobiles? He is an authorised dealer for Tata Service.
For Kapoor, I too am going to complain for the way his attitude changes once he has your money. I just wish I had enough to open my own dealership and give him a tough competition.

What would you suggest? Would buying from Moh/Chd make sense? It's just a 235 KM drive to Asr from here.

Last edited by zzzehar : 15th October 2008 at 18:50.
Old 15th October 2008, 19:50   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Hi Nipun
Congratulations for your new Auja QJ. Looks stunning, Wish you a very reliable and strong long lasting relationship with her.

-----

Regarding After Sales Service, did you check with Arneja Automobiles? He is an authorised dealer for Tata Service.
For Kapoor, I too am going to complain for the way his attitude changes once he has your money. I just wish I had enough to open my own dealership and give him a tough competition.

What would you suggest? Would buying from Moh/Chd make sense? It's just a 235 KM drive to Asr from here.
Nice to see some1 from asr. Well kapoor is one hell of a parasite. If I had any other dealer in asr, I would never have gone to him.
the insurance amount is 15100 cashless. I am yet to get my car serviced so dont know about his service.& I paid 50000 advance.
I really have no idea whether it is better to buy from local dealer or some one else.U can consult fellow bhpians about this.

You can mail me at nipun231185@yahoo.com. I will give u my contact details on mail. You can contact me anytime you want.
I only know the contact No. of the territory manager (maybe punjab) who sits at chandigarh. 9872585500-Mr. Akhil, if I remember correctly.
Old 15th October 2008, 20:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice to see some1 from asr. Well kapoor is one hell of a parasite. If I had any other dealer in asr, I would never have gone to him.
the insurance amount is 15100 cashless. I am yet to get my car serviced so dont know about his service.& I paid 50000 advance.
I really have no idea whether it is better to buy from local dealer or some one else.U can consult fellow bhpians about this.

You can mail me at nipun231185@yahoo.com. I will give u my contact details on mail. You can contact me anytime you want.
I only know the contact No. of the territory manager (maybe punjab) who sits at chandigarh. 9872585500-Mr. Akhil, if I remember correctly.
Mate its always better to give any email ids or contact numbers in Pm's rather than publicly
Old 15th October 2008, 20:19   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations for the new car!! Seems miles ahead of the old-gen Indicas.
I just hope its not taken over by the taxi operators like the old ones.

I believe the Indica is still available in its earlier avataar, isn't it? I mean not just remaining stocks at dealerships but is still being manufactured(Correct me if thats not true) but, wasn't the Vista supposed to REPLACE Indica?
Old 15th October 2008, 21:17   #42
BHPian

Congrats Nipun. Any plan to fix Alloys, Pete's Box(in future) and other accessories? Please update your experience at regular intervals.
Old 16th October 2008, 09:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
I tried it today. I rotated the steering wheel to the max and checked the horn-IT WORKED
in that case it must be an issue in my car. i will get it rectified in the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice
I believe the Indica is still available in its earlier avataar, isn't it? I mean not just remaining stocks at dealerships but is still being manufactured(Correct me if thats not true) but, wasn't the Vista supposed to REPLACE Indica?
Vista is not a replacement of the old Indica. Vista is in a segment higher along with Swift, U-VA etc. The old indica would still continue in the form of DLS and Indicab
Old 16th October 2008, 14:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Congrats Nipun. Any plan to fix Alloys, Pete's Box(in future) and other accessories? Please update your experience at regular intervals.
I am planning for alloys, rear speakers etc but would wait for a month as I want to spend on my diwali shopping too and these accessories can wait
Old 16th October 2008, 17:49   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi nipun dhingra,

> I called him today about my Pollution Certificate, he told me that Vista does > not require any Pollution certificate. And can you the person who
> told me this is the ASM. I guess he needs team-bhp badly.

I think only the petrol vehicles have the PUC sticker on the windshield my Palio also didn't had one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks